Jack Monroe #390 Jack just behaves strangely in a bungalow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1561625

Oh squig, if Jack Monroe was in my kitchen menacing me with five courses I would never run out of things to moan about though I'd probably prioritse shooing her out with my big garden brush and safely and responsibly disposing of any slops. I garden for wildlife and there are a lot of birdos and animalos who could be harmed by carelessly tossed slop.
Err. If Jack was in my kitchen it would mean she'd broken into my property so I'd be calling the Po Po. Regardless of her Celebrity Squad close protection status.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Err. If Jack was in my kitchen it would mean she'd broken into my property so I'd be calling the Po Po. Regardless of her Celebrity Squad close protection status.
I'd be telling her to wash her grubby hands with proper antibacterial handwash and hot water.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Filed under "This didn't happen". In Asda yellow sticker items are in two places: one corner of the fruit and veg section and one corner of the chilled section. And usually after 5pm. At least in my local Asda anyway. I'm certain no one is walking around looking confused about where yellow stickered items are. And how do you know why someone looks confused? It could just be (like in my local Asda) they've changed the layout again so lots of things have moved around.
They have yellow sticker stuff all day at my local Asda but it’s usually weird bits and pieces that you’re unlikely to have on a normal shopping list. It’s not a great strategy to rely on yellow sticker stuff as it’s unpredictable. Also, the discounts aren’t that good nowadays, so buying value stuff likely still works out cheaper.

Instead of wandering around like they’re extras in a Romero film, did it occur to any of these shoppers go and ask a member off staff where the stuff was moved?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
The apology to the tweeter about chocolate and diabetes didn’t read like Jack’s words to me and was out of sync with how she was expressing herself.
I thought that apology sounded like something her sponsor or maybe publisher would have written.
Yes, I agree. It did make me wonder though, and I don't know how these things work (because I'm 40 and knackered and past the point of caring about the latest tech), but do you think her publishers/agent etc now have alerts set up on their own devices so they see everything she's posting as it happens and can intervene that much quicker?? Before they were probably happy to just let her get on with doing her thing (whatever tf that is!), but after the last few weeks, maybe they're in damage-control mode as she continues spiralling.... just a thought. As I say, I wouldn't have the first clue about whether you can set up alerts for that sort of thing. The obviously-not-written-by-her apologies seem odd though and i think the diabetes one at least, was fairly quickly tweeted after the squig revealed they carb-counted for their diabetic partner. I think the turnaround to "I've been meaning to do some diabetes focused recipes for ages" stuff was only about an hour I think. Hasn't it taken much longer in the past to rectify these ridiculous situations she's getting herself into?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
They have yellow sticker stuff all day at my local Asda but it’s usually weird bits and pieces that you’re unlikely to have on a normal shopping list. It’s not a great strategy to rely on yellow sticker stuff as it’s unpredictable. Also, the discounts aren’t that good nowadays, so buying value stuff likely still works out cheaper.

Instead of wandering around like they’re extras in a Romero film, did it occur to any of these shoppers go and ask a member off staff where the stuff was moved?
No because that would require thinking and besides Jack has the answers and is going to save us all.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1561476
LJC - people are so confused they are picking things up and putting things back again in Asda. Squig, like the Smartprice rice that was never taken away, it just might not be there right now. Maybe there just weren’t enough items to put in the section. I don’t think even this is one for Super Mon, can’t you just let her breathe?
My daughter went to our local Asda ( in the deepest darkest NW of England) a few days ago, and said the yellow sticker chilled food had been moved to a cabinet in a different area of the store. Why doesn't Squig just ask a staff member? Why am I even asking? Send brick wallos to bang my head on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I don’t know what the canal is getting so amused about. Whenever I’m in the supermarket and can’t find an item I always leave, return home and ask a very minor celebrity on Twitter where the item might be found in a supermarket they’ve never been to. Doesn’t everyone do that?

• Haha
Reactions: 133
Consistent eh Jack. 🤨 She really doesn't give a flying f**k does she, as long as she has something to shout about and her voice is the loudest.
1 - eye-watering prevalence of drugs at Westminster
2 - Smoke crack if you like just do your job!
I think flippant, snarky Jack is one of my least favourites.
Jack? Insisting on transparency? Well golly gosh.

Filed under "This didn't happen". In Asda yellow sticker items are in two places: one corner of the fruit and veg section and one corner of the chilled section. And usually after 5pm. At least in my local Asda anyway. I'm certain no one is walking around looking confused about where yellow stickered items are. And how do you know why someone looks confused? It could just be (like in my local Asda) they've changed the layout again so lots of things have moved around.
Yup. In local Asda they've run short of so many lines that they're forever condensing and reshuffling things to conceal this dearth of productios.

Reactions: 28
View attachment 1561625

Oh squig, if Jack Monroe was in my kitchen menacing me with five courses I would never run out of things to moan about though I'd probably prioritse shooing her out with my big garden brush and safely and responsibly disposing of any slops. I garden for wildlife and there are a lot of birdos and animalos who could be harmed by carelessly tossed slop.
I would be reaching for the garden hose on a "rapid fire" setting and to hell with the decorating I'd need to do.....

Consistent eh Jack. 🤨 She really doesn't give a flying f**k does she, as long as she has something to shout about and her voice is the loudest.
1 - eye-watering prevalence of drugs at Westminster
2 - Smoke crack if you like just do your job!
I think flippant, snarky Jack is one of my least favourites.
Well Jack's been to HoP and we all know she can sniff drugs out.... how patronising though money = lack of brain power. That must make her a billionaire then.....

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How many pumbles do people want to bet on the diabetic recipes appearing?

I’ll make 10 if she sends them to the squig

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Local Asda has NOTHING marked down to anything like tempting levels, and also nothing I'd ever actually buy, marked down at all. :cry:

Reactions: 14
How many pumbles do people want to bet on the diabetic recipes appearing?

I’ll make 10 if she sends them to the squig
When some posters were making her recipes, I considered making the Pumble since my kids will eat anything for pudding if I stick custard on it. But the instructions are absolute gibberish and don’t even match up with what’s in the photo. So I don’t think the Pumble was just designed as a concept rather than an actual recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
'A deranged blog who got upset over a crust on a dessert recipe'. Do they mean....
PUMBLE???
How can anyone get mad at pumble. Its so original it needs three spoons. One to smash the hard as fuxk crust, one to lap up the juice and the other to repeatedly smash into your eyes so you no longer need to see the abomination.
Now that is special

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
'A deranged blog who got upset over a crust on a dessert recipe'. Do they mean....
PUMBLE???
I don't care if they call me deranged, I stand by what I said: pumble has nothing to do with a crumble and the name is stupid 🤨

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The words 'smoke' and 'crack' really shouldn't be anywhere near a professional twitter account. Unless you're the CEO of Crack Smokers UK or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.