Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Rather than concentrating on the multiple foster kids (which I think is quite admirable) could we instead focus on the fact that Jack Monroe called them FERAL.

I can't imagine how they must have felt knowing that she viewed them in that way.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 71

JJusa69

VIP Member
I mean, I think the sofa sleeping is my aneurysm. Why the actual fuck didn't she just leave SB in his previously rearranged room with all his toys/privacy/Xbox etc and use her room as storage and then knock herself out on the sofa
I just don't get it. .
Unless it's all performative rattling for Twitter of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 70

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Rather than concentrating on the multiple foster kids (which I think is quite admirable) could we instead focus on the fact that Jack Monroe called them FERAL.

I can't imagine how they must have felt knowing that she viewed them in that way.
Also let the record show that when canal members contacted the Guardian to complain, they gave snooty “we quoted Jack” brush off replies as justification. Yet behind the scenes they gently, silently changed the thumbnail to remove the word feral.
A victory for these sad hausfraus.

• Heart
  • Angry

bladiesla

VIP Member
Someone middle class wants to feel good and buy some poor people a patronising cookbook but doesn’t know any… whilst none of the other middle class people want it … and all the paupers already know how to feed themselves and have no intentions of hoop rinsing View attachment 1562231
"There are still copies of Good Food for Bad Days up for grabs" deserves to be a thread title at some point.

• Haha
  • Heart

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Actually Jack did meet the queen. It was in 1832 when she was touring the poorest schools in the borough of Sarfend. Jack, being a poor Victorian urchin put on her best potato sack dress and picked a single flower. Wiping the mud from her grubby cheeks, she curtsied in front of our maj who took the flower and declared it the best ever. Then she told Jack she was special and that one day she’d grow up and make a jubilee trifle that’d be much better than the one made by that other bitch. And that queen? Albert Einstein. Follow your dreams.

• Haha
Reactions: 69

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-09-08 08.19.36.png

Jack claims to have co-parented 100 children but the squig above goes on to helpfully provide us with a link to a local press article where her mum tells us “We have fostered about 70 children." https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/13798460.our-carers-are-so-special/

Obviously as Jack is both FORENSIC and autistic she is incapable of lying or making a mistake, so her mum must have forgotten about 30 children which seems totally plausible.

• Haha
  • Wow

SpudYouHate

Jack most affected.
I am weirdly sad. But mostly because my Godmother/ Aunt is on the brink of death too, and my mum is going to be distraught about too many things simultaneously. And they're all too far away to be of help to. :cry:

• Heart
  • Sad

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Jack's liked this post, which refers to her as "a disabled person with mental health issues".

Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 11.26.16.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Jack’ll be fewmin one of her recipes has leaked before so much as the pre order has gone live…

8C29D713-033A-48CA-95AF-5D10EF9CD409.jpeg

(This is a viral post that’s being shared on groups hence not squiggling, I am not actual fb friends with anyone who would do this…. To my knowledge)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I’ve just seen this headline, and thought for a minute they were talking about Tinned Fish Jack, or some sort of dessert recipe that had escaped her kitchen.

0CB45B6F-9A12-433F-9AD8-9FC27215E8A4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

missbct

Chatty Member
Well good grief I am in real time. Granted, I had to skip a thread or two because my life took a real life chaos.

The liver, black pudding, insert random ingredient here and blue cheese lasagna had me hooting. The diseased sausage and prawn whatever-the-fuck-it-was made me heave. Send paper bag-os.

as ever, thank you ninnies for keeping me occupied during My Big Infection of 2022.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67

5Alive

Someone middle class wants to feel good and buy some poor people a patronising cookbook but doesn’t know any… whilst none of the other middle class people want it … and all the paupers already know how to feed themselves and have no intentions of hoop rinsing View attachment 1562231
I know Simon (Big Green Books) and I think he's fully unaware of the Life & Times of Jackie Monroe - I'll have to send him a tattle link

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67