Jack Monroe #390 Jack just behaves strangely in a bungalow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if only jack felt so passionately about respecting the dead when she bitterly slandered shirley good in the intro of one of her cookbooks, i suppose the queen and maggie thatcher didn’t question her backstory like poor shirley gently, softly did

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Only Jack could make it sound like she had an audience with the Queen, where she served her venison with rinsed hoops and declared it the best thing ever. More likely she was in a crowd where HM looked like a brightly coloured bean in the distance ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 45
If it's not the time then why is she sticking her oar in? Always always always trying to go viral, no matter the circumstances.
Exactly! If it’s not the time post a generic ‘sad the queen is gone’ without any further political/opinion based comment-she says it’s not the time whilst opening the discussion herself. Bizarre.

Reactions: 20
She could have just paid tribute and left it like that without lecturing people. Bet she is desperate for people to make crass comments so she can argue all night on twitter
The good news is Charlie doesnt stand for bullshit, he soon got the measure of Meg and his brother.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do you think she’s quietly working behind the scenes planning the wake.
Or is at home with the funeral plans spread out across the table.
One way or another she’ll insert herself in there somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Where did the bench press thing come from? Did Jack actually say this?
She DID mention bench pressing something or other (was it in relation to carrying furniture upstairs? can't remember) but can't find the comment in question. Just ones about how 'active' and 'fit' she is. And her new abs.
However, for some reason, when I search 'Jack Monroe' and 'bench press', this article pops up. :rolleyes: 🤷‍♀️ :unsure: https://www.theguardian.com/society...woman-or-a-man-interview-transgender-identity
And no. I don't get it either.

Reactions: 9
JM defendedThe Queen, she dies.
Goes on about Dublin, got to plant my dad next week, who was from Dublin. ( no symph'os req)
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD , somebody check on Neil Kinnock.
'Don tinfoil hat, bubble wrap doors'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
She's getting quite a lot of pushback in her QTs, ranging from polite disagreement to outright mockery. I wonder if she'll be able to resist going in with all guns blazing, seeing as she's so keen to point out that today isn't about her.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Oh piss off with your "thankyou, Ma'am" bullshit. You're not getting an MBE you flagshagger

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Fortunately Jack has a lot of black clothing, now she’s dyed all her clothes black, so her period of mourning will not be adversely affected by her garb

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Do you think she’s quietly working behind the scenes planning the wake.
Or is at home with the funeral plans spread out across the table.
One way or another she’ll insert herself in there somewhere.
I think she’ll do a breakfast smoothie bowl with a picture of a corgi on it

• Haha
Reactions: 54
She's getting quite a lot of pushback in her QTs, ranging from polite disagreement to outright mockery. I wonder if she'll be able to resist going in with all guns blazing, seeing as she's so keen to point out that today isn't about her.
Ooh a Queen based chaos on the day of her Maj’s passing? Surely even Jack isn’t capable?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sorry, Big Dave drives and Jack famously doesn't but Jack took him to an event where HMTQ was in attendance. Yep makes sense.
Don't forget Big Dave had to hitchhike 50 miles to work in his firefighter uniform. Maybe he's only allowed to drive on special occasions, or when there's no risk of a stray gold trifle causing a pile-up.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Talk TV has Christopher Biggins giving his views - he’s met the queen several times - it’s got to only be a matter of time now…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
For a person who doesn’t want to make today all about her, she’s doing a terrible job of it.

You can just tell she’s pacing the room now, going up to J’s old room where she has the “London Bridge” plan pinned across his walls, Grenfell plans on one wall and this on the opposite, trying her best not to tweet about how she knew about the Queen’s passing before all of us peasants did but was sworn to secrecy by Harry.

RIP Her Majesty, you did this country proud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.