Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chicken liver, black pudding, lentil and blue cheese lasagna? That's the second on the list, my brain locked down and refused to let me read further.
Jack is history's greatest monster.
I couldn't make out the last word I think because my brain simply refused to acknowledge that those ingredients constitute a lasagne.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
The Linda Tirado coincidences is a long rabbit hole of a journey.
The Guardian, teeth, shampoo and tattoos :unsure:
The journalist Barbara Ehrenreich [author of Nickel and Dimed, an acclaimed account of her attempt to survive in low-wage jobs] has been a great supporter, hasn’t she?
She has been incredible. She is gracious with her time and energy. The foreword she wrote for my book stirs me a lot. She’s a heroine of mine. But a few people reached out to me
= Mom

I will say my shampoo is much nicer now. I’ve also had three new tattoos. The TV people don’t like those at all. They make me wear a jacket.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
This really annoys me as there are schemes in place to upgrade insulation in the PRS. You have to inform your landlord but there's only a tiny number of reasons they can reject it. It's subsidised and some landlords choose to pay the balance or you can opt to. People on various benefits (including ones Jack would be eligible for) don't have to pay. Again another reason I don't believe her because either she knows nothing about this scheme (making her a tit activist) or the bungalow isn't as bad as she says (she's lyin') or she can (could?) swallow the energy costs (she's lyin') or she's not entitled to the benefits that would make it free and can't afford the difference (she's lyin')
She's a liar.....

• Heart
Reactions: 15
"Pity Party clean up in aisle three!!!" give it a rest.... also if I was her landlord I'd be storing all these up and "having a word".... "Since April 2020, private landlords have been responsible for upgrading your home's energy efficiency if it falls below an EPC (energy performance certificate) rating of E. An EPC rating measures the energy efficiency of homes on a scale of A-G, with A being the most efficient and G being the least" - so I doubt ALL of this.... Plus Jack eaves "The eaves are the edges of the roof which overhang the face of a wall and, normally, project beyond the side of a building." so what you mean is the bit OUTSIDE the house isn't insulated you pr*ck..... don't see how a bungalow can have bedrooms "in the eaves".... for a writer you have a tenuous grasp on English.... also if it's draughty under a door there's these wonderful things called....draught excluders! I know! Mental right??? EDIT to say £200? Two adults here - one works from home and they both sleep here every night (unlike SB) our dual fuel is £140 pcm up from £100 (most of that electric). How come a woman with occasional child is on £200 pcm?
Three freezers that apparently each cost £50 a month to run?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Chicken liver, black pudding, lentil and blue cheese lasagne? Mother of God...
20220906_132448-01.jpeg

When-Someone-Suggests-Making-Savoury-Pancakes.gif

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 78
What's the point in posting her stocktake. She'll go shopping for some random items, take a photo of a meal that includes food from neither the stocktake or the shop, then forget all about posting any recipes for the next couple of weeks again. How exactly does this help anyone??
You ever worked in an office with somebody who walks around talking about how they just have SO MUCH to do, they have SO MUCH on, they're VERY BUSY, they'd love to stop and chat but they have a to do list longer than War and Peace, it's so very STRESSFUL because their workload is so HIGH, but then if you actually look at them they're doing nothing? That's the twitter version of this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
I’m pretty sure I checked the energy rating of the crappy bungalow when she was going all bubblewrap and it’s completely fine.

Just checked again, yep, it’s okay. Landlords have to have a certain rating now theirs is fine.
Exactly. She's lying and I'm surprised the landlord hasn't had a word... perhaps she's just estatic she's moving out LOL

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.