Jack Monroe #388 Even @3ssex Police are laughing at her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus as most have already mentioned, she had wealthy and *supportive* parents who would have happily looked after her and the kid, helped her get work and given her advice and love when she was in difficult circumstances. A lot of single mothers in that situation would have none of that, and would end up living through genuine poverty without anything to fall back on. I just can't be bothered with idiotic privileged people who put themselves through a parody of the real suffering people go through every day, just to be more 'real' (gag)... or in Jack's case, adolescent stubbornness. It's like her 'poverty period' was a phase for her; a belated teenage rebellion to show her parents she didn't need them??

It's not just Jack, it's practically a part of the culture in some circles now. It's like barely anybody who campaigns to end poverty has actually experienced it, and the people with the power to create change refuse to acknowledge real oppression and inequality. Unless it's going to get them money or a new slot on a show, obviously. In a recession with even high earners starting to feel the bite of inflation, do we really need more rich people swanning about, acting like they know how the majority feel??
This. I've really struggled for money (liked pawned my rings struggled), been homeless living in a hostel with my husband and toddler son, had bailiffs at my door, am in an IVA and still have masses of debt etc. But I also am privileged enough to have an extended family that have helped me (my uncle went bleeping mental at me a couple of years ago when I pawned my rings) and continue to do so at times (for example my husband's pay frequency is changing from weekly to monthly with very little notice as it's a new job but I know my family will help us if we need it). I wouldn't dream of being the face of poverty because I don't actually know what it's like to not be able to eat for days, or to not be able to clothe my kid.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I just need to know why she’s above getting a regular job to ensure her son doesn’t have to tit in solar lit ambiance.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I just need to know why she’s above getting a regular job to ensure her son doesn’t have to tit in solar lit ambiance.
Cause working would be effort.

Tweeting is effortless..
She can do it on her back whilst eating chocolate and laughing at all the suckers giving her cash... Which is like another profession... Dodgy slop cookery writer grift, 2nd oldest profession..

Reactions: 24
I'm still wondering how much was donated when she put up her paypal for legal proceedings against Lee Anderson etc.... is that case happening? Have the people who sent funds had an update as to what their money is being put towards? If her lawyer has done a runner who is receiving that money? Really, really makes you think.
No, no, and if she ever spoke to a lawyer about it (I don't believe her) they told her to sling her hoop.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I'm still confused about what she means by 'you know what they say about assumptions'. What do they say about assumptions? They make an ass out of u and ...mptions?
They make an ass out of you and me. Is a popular saying around my AA meetings.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

She has a job, working 100 hours a week, via Twitter, campaigning for the good fight and giving her lukewarm takes to who ever will listen. She does this for free because she's A Very Good Person.*

*She's not actually above a 'proper' job, no, it's just who the duck would employ her?! She's useless with a terrible attitude.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I can believe that. If a prospective client's first impression of him were to be his @ being tagged in multiple melodramatic missives from a twit, it wouldn't be a great start, would it?
Yes I can believe it too. His job constantly trivialised by Jack's 'wah wah don't laugh at my cooking or my lawyer will be informed'.
She basically portrayed him as her lap dog.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh Jack and Julia are very chummy.
See also Anna Soubry and Sarah Vine as well as other countless right wing MPs, journalists and rent a gobs. If Liz Truss had tweeted to her she would be Jack's bff by now.
She has absolutely no morals or scruples at all when it comes to a blue tick interacting with her. Sarah Vine wrote at least 2 unflattering articles about Jack, but all was forgotten when she liked a few of Jack's tweets.
They only like her tweets because they think she is a poor person they can get on board with. Usually poor peeps are so uncouth and vulgar. They forgive the tattoos for old can tin Jack.

Reactions: 20
Didn’t she say in HH2 that she was applying for jobs again? There’s been no mention of those since - rejected from every single one or just another lie?

Reactions: 36
Didn’t she say in HH2 that she was applying for jobs again? There’s been no mention of those since - rejected from every single one or just another lie?
She actually said she had drafted applications. Never said she had sent them or actually applied...

• Haha
Reactions: 52
No, there was no abuse of the Trussell Trust or any other charity. What did happen is that people contacted the TT to raise concerns about the fundraiser, specifically around transparency and the T-shirt designs used. I have seen no evidence to suggest these were anything other than politely raised concerns and were met with perfectly polite responses from the TT who of course distanced themselves from the tacky, obnoxious, low quality designs and explained they were in regular contact with Jacks agent to ensure she handed over the money. The TT part ended quite well, they got paid and were able to make clear that Jack had done this campaign off her own back so they didn't suffer any reputational damage as the result of Jacks ill thought out actions. Jack is such a poisonous and stupid narc that she experiences any form of disagreement or criticism as abuse, as with most things this says more about Jack than it does about reality.
Jack liked her tweet the other day which i did think was a bit bizarre. Perhaps Jack is transitioning to conservatism.
Makes sense. Can't think of why anyone would want JHB to give the thumbs up, otherwise.

Reactions: 11
She actually said she had drafted applications. Never said she had sent them or actually applied...
To be fair she must be notorious locally. Even if she’d applied would you expect anyone to be interested? It’s public she’s a terrible cook, grubby hygiene, aggressive, unreliable and persistently late, lots of physical conditions that means can lift/stand/sit … name an unskilled job she’d be suitable for?

This. I've really struggled for money (liked pawned my rings struggled), been homeless living in a hostel with my husband and toddler son, had bailiffs at my door, am in an IVA and still have masses of debt etc. But I also am privileged enough to have an extended family that have helped me (my uncle went bleeping mental at me a couple of years ago when I pawned my rings) and continue to do so at times (for example my husband's pay frequency is changing from weekly to monthly with very little notice as it's a new job but I know my family will help us if we need it). I wouldn't dream of being the face of poverty because I don't actually know what it's like to not be able to eat for days, or to not be able to clothe my kid.
Have you thought of exploring a credit union? They are designed to help people avoid pawn shops or pay day loans. Apologies if already something you’ve explored.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m almost almost at a point where I’m feeling sorry for Jack. The criticism must feel relentless at the moment.

But then I remember either her son is living in a house with no shampoo, hot water or light bulbs; or she’s pretending he is, and I’m all “Nah, she’s just a bleep

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.