Jack Monroe #385 Just admit you're full of loathing and misdirected ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's been like this since I've been here (four weeks now I think but it feels like an eternity) so I'm thinking yes.
It's been quite intense lately but there is always an undercurrent of madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
How exactly does she think she "changed the way inflation was measured"? At most she could say she called attention to the fact that inflation was going to affect poor people more than wealthy ones, which is surely obvious to anyone? The VBI is such bs. All she did was piggyback off a quote from another author and try to spin it as doing some sort of work to "help".

And has rice really increased 344%? I'm in America so Idk what prices are like in the UK, but prices of basic staples like rice, beans, vegetables, etc, here have only gone up a small amount. It's things like meat and processed snacks and cereals that have gone way up.

Also how is that a key point? If M&S were still offering a full meal for a tenner despite rising costs, isn't that a good thing? :unsure: She makes no sense.
It’s all about the narrative isn’t it. “I got Asda to change their prices” “ I got the way inflation was measured changed “ Did you? Who knows, but if I keep tweeting it……it will be “my truth”…..

• Haha
Reactions: 38
To be fair, I’ve got 5 instant access savings account that are empty. They are for the imaginary me who has various savings pots for things like Christmas, holidays, clothes…
I don’t get charged anything for them, they just sit there, taunting me.
thank(space)you

My bank here in the US charges $3/month on any savings account with a minimum daily balance of less than $200. Similar fees for checking accounts, unless you have a paycheck auto-deposited to the account.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
What happened with spaniel friend? God I thought us newbies were all up on things but there's SO MUCH we missed.
She's a real life friend. There's no story. She just pops up in Jack's mentions once in a while. Oh, and she has a spaniel.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Apologies. Jumping straight in. No recap as have been away - have missed a good day and a half. Last night was at the press night for I, Joan. The physical resemblance of the actor who played Joan to Jack was uncanny. The vocal resemblance a million miles away. Fair made me think.
Aye she's St Jeanne D'Grift, no less.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She's a real life friend. There's no story. She just pops up in Jack's mentions once in a while. Oh, and she has a spaniel.
It's illustrative of how wild Jack is that her having a nice friend who owns a dog feels like the most unbelievable part of all this.

• Haha
Reactions: 88
To be fair, I’ve got 5 instant access savings account that are empty. They are for the imaginary me who has various savings pots for things like Christmas, holidays, clothes…
I don’t get charged anything for them, they just sit there, taunting me.
Babe, same.

The moneys gone to the man who makes it ❄

Reactions: 13
One of her big events is the Hasting Books Festival. bleeping shady those streets of Hastings.
As a native Hastonian I can tell you that they're shady AF- for real! Probably so full of Londoners by now though that the local 'stab ya soon as look at you' culture might be a bit diluted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It feels like there are multiple chaoses happening at the same time and I can't keep up. How does Jack have the energy to 'scamper' all over Twitter fighting with anyone and everyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.