Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's probably got a cupboard full of items that are new and unworn that she's completely forgotten about. The fact that it's old isn't the issue. The issue is she has a neverending pile of crap that could have been sold and made her a nice little amount of cash, rather than go on the beg publicly AGAIN. She doesn't need any new clothes, she certainly didn't need to keep hold of a £55 item that is the wrong size for her. She is taking money from the kind of people that most likely don't have spare boiler suits, sideboards, sofas and freezers to sell if they're a bit strapped for cash.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I really want a squig to point this out! Having to sit on my hands to not do it myself. 😆
All i can think of since the picture yesterday is a new money making venture for Jack. A new waxwork museum, Monroe Tussauds where all she needs to do is stand there under a spotlight like a baby in nan's curtains. Charge £50 and jobs a gooden.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The thing that pickles my radishes is if she can just knock it all out to catch up so easily (shan't) then there really is no excuse for not having delivered each month, if it's so little work. The other aspect is if it's so little work where is the value in paying her a living wage over 2 years for this? Unfortunately I think a lot of the patrons have probably already excused this as paying for the 'endless good' she does, and even if they have something to say they'll get piled on by her mob saying that. She thought she could ride the gravy train shielded by her FMs but it's all finally falling apart.

I’m 🍾🦉at the idea of some one who’s forgotten they are even paying for her patreon suddenly receiving a huge box of beige postcards randomly in the post
Jack be nimble, Jack catch up quick
What's this parcel?
Postcard brick

The sweet relief of seeing 'only' 10 new pages, and knowing there'll 'only' be 3 or 4 added by the time I've got through them

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Jack's probably got a cupboard full of items that are new and unworn that she's completely forgotten about. The fact that it's old isn't the issue. The issue is she has a neverending pile of crap that could have been sold and made her a nice little amount of cash, rather than go on the beg publicly AGAIN. She doesn't need any new clothes, she certainly didn't need to keep hold of a £55 item that is the wrong size for her. She is taking money from the kind of people that most likely don't have spare boiler suits, sideboards, sofas and freezers to sell if they're a bit strapped for cash.
1000% shopping addiction. Oh Jack, if you could but see it, you probably are the voice of your generation- weaponising victimhood for social media clout, general SM addiction, shopping addiction. The truth will set you free, Jack. You, a real therapist- not bleeping Huggy Hoopy the Gifting friend but a horrible old witch that will break you and rebuild you. Do the work, write the book, do the media. Redemption, cashos, fame, success.If nothing else you'd at least be able to admit you can afford shampoo.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Can any of you kind frauen please point me to the origin of lingering honk? Is it a direct quote from JM?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can any of you kind frauen please point me to the origin of lingering honk? Is it a direct quote from JM?
Another frau may remember better but I think she once had some pork scratchings and then said there was a lingering honk of them in the crappy Bungalow.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
The boiler suit is from 2019 according to that evening standard piece it was featured in.
I want to believe she is telling the truth, however I feel if she did buy it back then she couldn’t have resisted trotting out the chortle-some ‘nans curtains’ line over her socials then.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.