Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to thread #384. What a week, eh? (Captain, it's only Thursday)

Congratulations to @auntylil, who nominated the winning thread title from a squig post. You win Jack's spare floral boiler suit. I'd give it a long boil wash before wearing if I were you.

Please keep title thread nominations past post #500 at least, include the words "thread title" in the message and no swearing in them.

RECAP. OH WELL. (WiP)

Jack shocked the whole canal into silence for a whole minute by posting a facetuned-to-hell picture of herself in a floral boiler suit. Said boiler suit is £55, from a high street shop, and she's casually mentioned she bought two of them because she ordered the wrong size the first time but couldn't be bothered to return it. As you do when you're on the bones of your arse.

She also claimed she would be flying to Dublin and back on the day for "work". The "work" is an alleged interview with an alleged Irish journalist who was probably expecting to chat to her via Zoom and now won't know what hit him, bless his soul.

She was also quite vicious to a social care worker squig who dared question the frugality of the trip to Dublin. She also picked up a fight with other squigs who suggested that flying to Ireland for a day was maybe not the most environmentally friendly option.

She's also lost over 40 patreons.

She keeps on talking about her downsizing as if it's Operation Overlord or something.

She's currently gathering inspiration to design her new kitchen. Her tenant-designed kitchen in her landlord-owned flat in Pixieland.

Please feel free to add anything I might have forgotten!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 151
The wee smol pixy invited herself to Dublin to be interviewed for WORK OK? Journo is doing a profile on her and she's working "behind the scenes" - possibly serving up slop to traumatised leprechauns. Initially it was a day trip. Now it's a few days. Basically she's going on holiday WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH THAT SHE HAS EARNED A BIG TREAT BY NOT DRIVING AND THE PLANE IS GOING ANYWAY

• Haha
Reactions: 83
Do any fraus know what she actually did to the photos of her face in the bunny boiler suit pics? I've never used facetune or anything like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Just a few of the latest contradictions.
She's vegan but eats meat
She shops in thrift stores but buys two jumpsuits online
A day trip to Ireland is cheaper than a train to London
There are more but my Harold has just made dinner. Mercifully it is not slop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I really can’t see Irish journalists being interested in her. Nobody here really knows or cares much about her. It sounds completely made up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Do any fraus know what she actually did to the photos of her face in the bunny boiler suit pics? I've never used facetune or anything like that.
I did a free trial of it on the bequest of my burgeoning adolescent daughter - who to be fair used it to make us all look comical and monstrous. I think there's lots of different things you can do to change your appearance, filters, thinning your face, putting make up on? Maybe she did a fake make up thing or something

Reactions: 24
I really can’t see Irish journalists being interested in her. Nobody here really knows or cares much about her. It sounds completely made up.
Would there not be scope for getting her over and doing the hoop rinsing thing for a laugh on the telly? People might go for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack has bought not one but two hideous floral boiler suits from Urban Outfitters at a cost of £55 each. Why two? Well she bought two different sizes but was too ADHD to send the one that didn’t fit back, so she chose to photograph herself wearing it. She offered the spare to a squig because apparently she finds people wearing matching boiler suits as hilarious as Big Dave finds gold sprayed trifles.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I’m struggling to keep up but just wanted to put this out into the universe:

Celebrity Masterchef is currently showing on the beeb, I would LITERALLY PAY THEM to have Jack on the next series 🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Thank you for the new thread @Mallerenga ! 🙏

Linking this amazing post from @Anglesx over from the last thread, which got lost in the chaos.

About an actual real cookery writers WhatsApp group, their growing frustration with Jack behind the scenes, and more. 🍿

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 98
I did a free trial of it on the bequest of my burgeoning adolescent daughter - who to be fair used it to make us all look comical and monstrous. I think there's lots of different things you can do to change your appearance, filters, thinning your face, putting make up on? Maybe she did a fake make up thing or something
I think Jack did a very good job at making herself look comical and monstrous 😂. I know she filters/facetunes or whatever but it's so unlike any of her usual altered pics. It's completely bizarre!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Recap.
Dobbys alive and is wearing a very fetching boiler suit.
Apparently they is also off to Dublin to meet Dobby Oshea and go to that very squanky restaurant Nandos.
Dobby will be sending out 2 years of missed patroen postcard as they were lying low from Death Eaters.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I think Jack did a very good job at making herself look comical and monstrous 😂. I know she filters/facetunes or whatever but it's so unlike any of her usual altered pics. It's completely bizarre!
Has anyone on twitter mentioned it or are they avoiding the elephant in the room? She looks ghastly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Jack doesn’t drive because of roundabouts, no it’s because she cares so much for the environment and likkle animals and the nature and planet. A absolutely deliberate choice you vile ninnies of the canal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Also, she is doing a Hecking Big Clear out in preparation for downsizing in 6 months’ time - which involves evicting SB from his bedroom so she can use it as some sort of Scrapheap Challenge tat-hole.
She’s making SB sleep in her Big Comfy Bed in her room, but she’ll sleep there when he’s at dad’s (which isn’t all the time cos SB mainly lives with Jack).

Fraus are traumatised by the weird goblin pictures, so venture ye back to previous thread at own riskos.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.