Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Monroe is being so helpful with the cost of living crisis she's giving her non patreons exactly the same as her patreons. She's such a dear heart.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Afternoon all 👋
I'm up for a Friday night/afternoon sing-along if you are...🤪
Edit to add: Newbies, cover your ears!

Does anyone have the evidence of 'haha who wants me to do another one?' and all of the squigs fell over themselves to say yes....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I have watched this approx 5,000 times but the bit at 04:58 will never not catch me off guard. It sounds like she's shouting at a neighbour.
This is what I mean about the shamelessness. I couldn’t do this for a million pounds, it would haunt me at night and the cringe of it-I would just feel like SUCH a throbbing head and yet Jack happily posts this publicly and then claims she’s a broken shell of a walnut or something. It makes no sense 😂See the poetry for exhibit 2.
I think she really thought a music producer would see it and she’d be discovered as the next Charlotte Church. Anything for fame innit.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Jack was pissed about governmental types paying for their chicken coops, tax-subsidized MP dining rooms, etc. Then there is this:
View attachment 1547161
This is so pompous it’s verging on parody. “I ask again! Who amongst you…”

She really does see herself as some sort of righteous crusader for justice. Which is funny considering her total lack of transparency and accountability.

Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Afternoon all 👋
I'm up for a Friday night/afternoon sing-along if you are...🤪
Edit to add: Newbies, cover your ears!

I never even get as far as the singing. I just put it on over and over for the first 8 seconds for the “Hiya! It’s me, Jack Monroe”, the huge sniff, nose wipe, and then immediately calling herself a “Coke Book Author”. NEVER EVER GETS OLD

• Haha
Reactions: 43
She doesn’t deserve to call herself a mother.

Sorry but this endless public manipulative suicide stuff is so bloody damaging to her poor kid. Someone must have told her this surely?
A good while ago I did a really excellent mental health awareness course through my work. One of the course facilitators had been a service user and his role was to talk about his experiences which included talking about an attempt he'd made on his life. As you can imagine it was challenging and very powerful to hear him talk about his experiences with such dignity and insight. He was very, very frank and honest and did not shy away from any aspect (beyond not describing methods etc) He'd clearly done a lot of work on himself and given what he was doing that has to be an ongoing process. However the bit that got to me and you could tell was clearly still a raw wound for this guy who was otherwise very strong and together was when he described being haunted by the look on his the 14 year old daughters face at the hospital after he'd survived and the guilt he carries about that. For Jack to chuck suicide about the way she does when she has a son who will see it is unforgivable. There's a lot of research about suicide in families and the damage it does through generations. Her weaponising it like this is evil.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Another frau may remember better but I think she once had some pork scratchings and then said there was a lingering honk of them in the crappy Bungalow.
Thank you Geetbo.
I assumed it was an in-joke derived from something she’d said, but I’ve seen criticism along the lines of “tattlers calling her smelly / it’s pure bullying”, so this is helpful clarity for all us newbies / visitors.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
If the boiler suit was first on sale in 2019, how much was it then and what was Jack saying about her finances at that time? They were obviously reasonable because she could just keep something she didn’t need rather than return it

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thank you Geetbo.
I assumed it was an in-joke derived from something she’d said, but I’ve seen criticism along the lines of “tattlers calling her smelly / it’s pure bullying”, so this is helpful clarity for all us newbies / visitors.
Plus she claims to wash her clothes in shampoo at 20 degrees, so I think it is fair to say she may be a tad whiffy.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
If the boiler suit was first on sale in 2019, how much was it then and what was Jack saying about her finances at that time? They were obviously reasonable because she could just keep something she didn’t need rather than return it
Actually she kept it to sell in case there was a poverty. This is something we poors like to do when we have a book or article published.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.