Jack Monroe #383 Thrashing in a trap of their own making

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is that face?

WHAT IS THAT FACE?

The stuff of actual nightmares. Holy crap.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
duck me Jack has become my sleep paralysis demon.

Also those pictures are definite evidence she is back on the wiz (SPECULATION M'LUD)

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Also all of Ireland isnt Dublin, say he is in wicklow thats right at the bottom of ireland would take some cashos on the bus.
Wicklow's just south of Dublin. Are you thinking of Waterford?

Jack can't drive. Be more fun if the journo lived in the Midlands. "Jack, great to read your Tweet that you've landed at Dublin Airport, shame you've discovered the Aircoach isn't free! But, um, no, I can't pick you up. I'm actually in Twomileborris. Can you get yourself to Heuston station, hop on a train to, hmm, Thurles probably closest, and then walk for an hour?"

*Jack tweets asking for suggestions about cafés in Thurles*

*Jack has mental breakdown assuming she is being IGNORED*

*Jack gets next flight away from this Tipperary-featuring island*

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The housemate question is very strange.
She recently said they have been there since last year. Despite saying she is not allowed a lodger.
Yet often she says she is alone in the house, and the housemate appears to contribute nothing towards the rent, bills or food.
and what’s going on with her single person council tax discount 🤔🧐

• Wow
Reactions: 24
What the actual hell is that? Come on, the fashion police would be on permanent speed dial in that fake bungalow.

The fact Facetune couldn't filter her face properly in the full body shot has me howling. How does she go from Burglar Bill to Bretheren Jack to Uncle you don't want at your house Jack to I'm trolling you all with my flowery coveralls Jack? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE. She has more personalities than I have hot dinners. No idea of who she is, who she wants to be or what she likes, it's quite pathetic really. And you just know some older guy has said he loves his women in flowery clothing, because that sad act does not have an original thought of her own.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I forced myself to read HH2 again. Let's start with the main statement, which she has reaffirmed on Twitter: 'No, I'm not 'poor' any more. Nor do I pretend to be. I work, I get paid, I have some nice things'.

Fine. So when you strip out the histrionics and hyperbole in the blog, it amounts to this:

"I live somewhere that is now too expensive and my income does not cover my rent, utility bills, and other expenses. This is because I moved in here with my partner, but we have since broken up and she has moved out. I cannot afford to continue renting my current place on my own and I need to move somewhere more affordable. The new place will not have enough room for all of my possessions. Therefore I need to go through them and decide what I need, or would like to keep, and what I will need to give away or sell because it won't fit into my new, affordable flat. I will not enjoy doing this, but it is necessary and is the right, pragmatic thing to do.

I will find somewhere that is more affordable, so that as I continue to work and get paid, this money will cover my essentials and I will have enough money left over to live on. I will make sure my son has his own room for when he is staying with me. As an added bonus, this will improve my mental health and well-being, because I won't have to stress about making ends meet. I have physical health problems as well, but these are not relevant to my need to move to a smaller place; as above, it is about affordability.

I am very grateful for the support I have had from my fans and followers over the last 10 years and I am looking forward to continuing my recipes, my budgeting advice, and my media appearances to comment on important issues facing all of us in the UK."

That really is it, when you strip it down. Everything else is extraneous detail and an attempt to elicit sympathy (read: cashos) which she doesn't need, and which, when it was obvious her followers and acolytes were sending her money/subbing to Patreon and encouraging others to do the same, she did nothing to stop.

Hundreds of thousands of people have to make these decisions (down-sizing) all the time. They don't ask for tips, donations, Patreon subscriptions and they sure as hell don't whine about it all day, every day, on Twitter, while claiming the whole world is out to get them and everyone wants them DEAD.

TLDR; woman can't afford to live in her current house; has to down-size. But makes a massive tragedy/drama about it so that the donations keep rolling in.
I mean the thing is, who remotely bleeping cares that she has to downsize anyway? I didn’t feel the need to make a blogpost, especially not one full of hyperbole and blatant grifting, when I went from a family of 3 to a single parent downsizing and budgeting accordingly. On what planet does she think this needs to be public knowledge? It’s just adapting to life, it’s nothing major. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a celebrity ‘announce’ they are having to downsize, they just get the duck on with it. Of course, everything above is redundant to JM because without the story, alas there is no casho injection from people.

She’s as transparent as clingfilm ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.