Jack Monroe #383 Thrashing in a trap of their own making

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, can you imagine Jack in the proximity of rugby players? It’d be the festival firemen scene all over again.
duck me, let’s hope she never finds out (she will now, Hi Jack! 👋) that Alun Wyn Jones has a law degree. Though I have absolute faith he would tell her in no uncertain terms to bugger off.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Hands up any anyone with a child, a cat and a large dog that can drop everything and pop over to Dublin at 4 days notice just assuming that other people will pick up where you left off? It won't inconvenience anyone? Nobody would have to rearrange their life to make up for your selfish spontaneous behaviour?
No? Nobody?
She lives alone, SB takes dog with him when he visits mamapapa and the cat probably has one of those feeders you can get that are on a timer (very good they are too).
She basically has the life of someone young, free and single yet sees fit to whinge about it day in and day out. SB is her meal ticket.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
Obviously Brissle not enough of an adventure for her. No requests for lovely cafes for her to gibber and swear in either.
She could easily take SB to that - go on Saturday and stay somewhere. There is masses to do with youngsters - the SS Great Britain is excellent for one.
I think there is a science park/exploratory by there too (replacing the one at Temple Meads yonks ago)

Reactions: 9
I forced myself to read HH2 again. Let's start with the main statement, which she has reaffirmed on Twitter: 'No, I'm not 'poor' any more. Nor do I pretend to be. I work, I get paid, I have some nice things'.

Fine. So when you strip out the histrionics and hyperbole in the blog, it amounts to this:

"I live somewhere that is now too expensive and my income does not cover my rent, utility bills, and other expenses. This is because I moved in here with my partner, but we have since broken up and she has moved out. I cannot afford to continue renting my current place on my own and I need to move somewhere more affordable. The new place will not have enough room for all of my possessions. Therefore I need to go through them and decide what I need, or would like to keep, and what I will need to give away or sell because it won't fit into my new, affordable flat. I will not enjoy doing this, but it is necessary and is the right, pragmatic thing to do.

I will find somewhere that is more affordable, so that as I continue to work and get paid, this money will cover my essentials and I will have enough money left over to live on. I will make sure my son has his own room for when he is staying with me. As an added bonus, this will improve my mental health and well-being, because I won't have to stress about making ends meet. I have physical health problems as well, but these are not relevant to my need to move to a smaller place; as above, it is about affordability.

I am very grateful for the support I have had from my fans and followers over the last 10 years and I am looking forward to continuing my recipes, my budgeting advice, and my media appearances to comment on important issues facing all of us in the UK."

That really is it, when you strip it down. Everything else is extraneous detail and an attempt to elicit sympathy (read: cashos) which she doesn't need, and which, when it was obvious her followers and acolytes were sending her money/subbing to Patreon and encouraging others to do the same, she did nothing to stop.

Hundreds of thousands of people have to make these decisions (down-sizing) all the time. They don't ask for tips, donations, Patreon subscriptions and they sure as hell don't whine about it all day, every day, on Twitter, while claiming the whole world is out to get them and everyone wants them DEAD.

TLDR; woman can't afford to live in her current house; has to down-size. But makes a massive tragedy/drama about it so that the donations keep rolling in.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 79
How do people following her not get whiplash from the constant changes in her stories about herself? One minute she's doing without shampoo and light bulbs, the next she's got enough cash to lark off to Dublin on a whim. One day she's a crumbling, traumatized waif so beaten down by life, no treatments will help her misery; the next she's having 6-hour sex marathons and moving all her possessions around the house, happy to be spending nights on a sofa instead of a bed. Which is it???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
He's 12 fgs, not a teen. And stop maligning the poor boy, I bet he is hardly messy at all. Jack is always putting him down and constantly describing him as messy. My 12 year old is a bit messy but his room is certainly not like a crack den. He used to chuck his clothes on the floor but we've put up a small basketball hoop above his laundry basket which makes it more fun for him to keep his room neat. She is such a harmful person.
Jack should maybe reflect that he's had to sit watching her to see if she's still breathing when she's been on one of her benders and that she has put out a load of very traumatising and inappropriate information regarding aspects of his early life and her actions. Quite frankly if the boy wants to run his skiddy pants up a flagpole, more power to the lad. SHUT IT SH1TTER.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I am a Bristol Frau and will be wearing a bar of soap on some string round my neck as a protective talisman 🧿 until the slopgoblin has LEFT
Might fashion some dangly earrings out of a couple of nail brushes to go with it

• Haha
Reactions: 57
i’m behind but wtf she’s going to Dublin??? sad to say I donated £20 in the past to her - can’t believe she’s spending it on a frivolous flight to Dublin 🙃 Meanwhile is apparently so poor she can’t afford shower gel or lightbulbs 🙃🙃 Also what’s with “no his dad doesn’t have custody of him he just stays there a few nights a week” that’s having partial custody Jack!! so you’re not a full time single mother

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Too early sadly.

And inaccurate as I am gorgeous with a huge wang.
I hate to boast, but me too.

Though I am pretty sure that a fair proportion of people that hate Jack don't have willies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Fraus, I come with news.

Twitter has announced that an edit button is coming.

ETA: (The Irony): “Tweets will be able to be edited a few times in the 30 minutes following their publication,” according to a Twitter blog post. “Edited Tweets will appear with an icon, timestamp, and label so it’s clear to readers that the original Tweet has been modified.” Source
1662038957353.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Mid grunk but if she's coming to Dublin (🤢) she can go to the 100 gecs concert tonight 🔺

Reactions: 8
Has Jack been watching “Tiny House Nation” on Netflix?

They recommended families reduce their space and possessions a month before they move into their tiny homes to acclimatise to the change?

Most families do not have the time to do this and this is always presented as a drama in the show, with the hosts worrying that the family will not be mentally ready for their tiny homes.

Six months prior to a move is a completely unnecessary drama, obviously.

Also why doesn’t she use her bedroom for a “sorting room”? Also having a sorting room is not particularly Working class poverty line living, But then the whole thing is either a lie or bizarre drama.
No. Jack doesn’t have wifi or Netflix.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
OMG. I have a 12 year old son. Where he does or doesn't sleep is of no concern to anyone else apart from us. WHY IS SHE BROADCASTING THIS tit TO 500K people on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.