Jack Monroe #383 Thrashing in a trap of their own making

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bloody dog is about the size of of a one bed flat. The whole thing is madness and I don't believe a word of it. I suspect this is a tantrum of some sort. She could easily afford a two bed somewhere, which regardless of how often SB is or isn't there, it's still nice for him to have his own space and obviously as she's shown her usual concern for animal welfare I'd quite like Content and Coops to have some room to give each other space and make their situation a bit more tolerable. Well actually I'd like Content and Coops to read Animal Farm and rise up against Jack but hey ho.
I don’t know what thing to use to respond. You need to separate your posts into different posts, one bit being sensible (like), one bit being sad (sad),one funny (😂) and one totally on the ball (❤).

Personally, I would like them to act like Shelob, hiding in a lair, ready to pounce, ready to get their own back after years/months of Twitter humiliation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Didn't Jimmy Savile say journalists were always trying to dig up dirt on him but they couldn't because he was squeaky clean. Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
One of the ✨comments club✨ obviously. Jack has actively invited such a response but it's so awful for SB.

View attachment 1545417
He's 12 fgs, not a teen. And stop maligning the poor boy, I bet he is hardly messy at all. Jack is always putting him down and constantly describing him as messy. My 12 year old is a bit messy but his room is certainly not like a crack den. He used to chuck his clothes on the floor but we've put up a small basketball hoop above his laundry basket which makes it more fun for him to keep his room neat. She is such a harmful person.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
It's a case of doth protest too much. I always get alarm bells when people do that and Jack has done it a lot today.
I think that's a really good point. In my own alcoholism I was frequently defending things "I'm doing the best I can right now" and "Are you questioning my parenting/love for my child/ etc?". Now I'm sober I feel no need to do any of that (plus I am generally a better person now anyway).

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I know from this bizarre arrangement she seems to think is fine that SB patently does not live with her, but if he does, where is his 'stuff'? Clothes, games, books etc? All in her bedroom now?
And she, with her most painful arthritic shoulder ever, is going to sleep on a sofa for months? As anyone who has suffered from any kind of joint pain knows - a sofa instead of a bed is complete madness.
What exactly is the point of this exercise?

Reactions: 28
Lurked on and off for a while but never posted. Was just catching up and read the evening standard article with Allegra. The thing I was most struck by was that restaurants that were their favourites like River Cafe are really really expensive. It must have been weird going from a life where that’s a regular haunt to one where you can’t afford it (like most regular other people!). I wonder if that’s why she feels owed nice things/other people’s money so often

Reactions: 44
I am sensing Bristol is cancelled. That might have been part of the team visit. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of the Edinburgh High Times.
You may be right - haven't seen anything to that effect, but the new Dublin "Interview" could be a blast deflector.

If there was an intervention staged yesterday, then it's only had limited effect, as she's back to moving furniture about again. :(

Reactions: 15
I know from this bizarre arrangement she seems to think is fine that SB patently does not live with her, but if he does, where is his 'stuff'? Clothes, games, books etc? All in her bedroom now?
And she, with her most painful arthritic shoulder ever, is going to sleep on a sofa for months? As anyone who has suffered from any kind of joint pain knows - a sofa instead of a bed is complete madness.
What exactly is the point of this exercise?
Misdirection and sympathy.

Reactions: 11
Omg what is wrong with her? Inviting ridicule about her son?
Ugh she is the pits.
We have the receipts some where but she started this teen nonsense ages ago and once described his underwear as 'smeggy' on Twitter. That's public Twitter, to her large platform to which some of his teachers allegedly belong. What a lovely considerate mother ☹

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
They can offset her carbon but they can’t offset her stupid. The FMs are genuinely so so bizarre.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
He's 12 fgs, not a teen. And stop maligning the poor boy, I bet he is hardly messy at all. Jack is always putting him down and constantly describing him as messy. My 12 year old is a bit messy but his room is certainly not like a crack den. He used to chuck his clothes on the floor but we've put up a small basketball hoop above his laundry basket which makes it more fun for him to keep his room neat. She is such a harmful person.
That is such a great idea. I don't have kids, but might do it for Mr SLB 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
We have the receipts some where but she started this teen nonsense ages ago and once described his underwear as 'smeggy' on Twitter. That's public Twitter, to her large platform to which some of his teachers allegedly belong. What a lovely considerate mother ☹
The whole thing is awful. Also he’s in a stage of his physical and sexual development where private time will be needed, it’s ghastly to think she’s really suggesting sharing a bed in a one bed flat when she’s a) rented needlessly huge properties for the decade previously and b) documented the never ending chain of sexual partners she has through the door (and then out again, fleeing in the night at 3am). None of this is good.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 79
If Private Eye could be arsed Jack would have her own full page version of 'Just Fancy That!' every issue, and still not capture all her contradictory statements.
I reckon Viz should do it. Wee Jackie and her Tall Tales. An update of Aldridge Prior the Hopeless Liar crossed with Spoilt Bastard and a touch of Modern Parents.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Thinking there'd been some kind of intervention / blanket ban on her SM I thought we'd have nothing with which to occupy ourselves today -
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha
Reactions: 26
EXT QUAINT STREET, DUBLIN DAY

JACK dances down a cobbled alleyway, marvelling at the rustic pubs and traditional cafes [NB researcher please fill in details - we want something authentic but not too authentic]. Irish folk wave as she passes.

The members of B*Witched look up from a colourful market stall where they're haggling for scarves and bangles, and spot Jack's trendy denim ensemble.

B*WITCHED: Noice jacket!

JACK: Get a loife!!

JACK creeps up behind IRISH JOURNALIST, who is green-eyed, rugged and hunky in an outdoorsy sort of way, wearing a chunky jumper. She playfully taps him on the shoulder.

JOURNALIST: H-hello? Do I know ye?

JACK: Oi did say we should get lunch!

JOURNALIST: Jack?

JACK: Boo, oi guess!

JOURNALIST: B-but ye live in Southend.

JACK: Ah, what's an hour and fifteen pounds? Now, where's the crack going on, I need to 'fill me boots'!!

The JOURNALIST breaks into a broad smile, his emerald eyes twinkling. She takes his arm and they go in search of the coolest cafes. His life will never be the same again...
Coming from the past to say *drumroll*

WHAT R U LOIKE?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The whole thing is awful. Also he’s in a stage of his physical and sexual development where private time will be needed, it’s ghastly to think she’s really suggesting sharing a bed in a one bed flat when she’s a) rented needlessly huge properties for the decade previously and b) documented the never ending chain of sexual partners she has through the door (and then out again, fleeing in the night at 3am). None of this is good.
It really isn't good. She will do anything to impress a new partner but will not even provide the basics for her son. His room when he did have one was empty of all but the most basic furniture, no personal touches at all. I think you described it as being like a youth hostel which I would agree with. And whilst his room resembles that, Jack has stuffed the rest of the house with her horrendous collection of clutter and material goods, paid for by other people. She has put out so many photos to corroborate that. No matter how much she deflects, denies and lies, her actions speak for themselves. She truly is I, Jack Monroe.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Quite. And far from his needs being uppermost as she keeps insisting, they seem far down the line.
No consistent space for him in her house, in fact he doesn't have his own room now.
Worse food than the dog.
No holidays provided by her.
Exposing him to ridicule over and over again.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Aren’t kids back at school Monday? Imagine your mum timing her third solo holiday of your summer holidays in the weekend before you’ve got going-back-to-school jitters. It’s all so sad ☹
The saddest thing is that he probably won’t notice because, despite her protestations, he doesn’t live there. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.