Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many many moons ago, my ex OH worked for Fords and was on strike for a long time (I think it was 16 weeks) I had a 3 year old and was pregnant. He got 9quid strike pay from the union after 3 weeks (I think) and i could claim supplementary benefit for me and my daughter. Wasnt easy but we managed. The Miners had it far far worse.

Also, going back further into strikers history, my dad worked in the docks and I can remember him a) having no work and just coming home, piece time, or zero hours contract as it fancily called now and (b Strking for better conditions and proper wages. Those were very hard times !
That time must have been terrifying with a small child and pregnant! I think That her scrapped supplementary benefit for striking.

Her ‘politics’ actually undermine every real cause and issue she grandstands for. Of course her family had money, she did not go without ( no child should but the pretence is aggravating). I would imagine her Mum and Dad may well be cringing, but I get the impression they will have a wide social network, I should imagine friends may question her parents.

In middle age, Jack‘s cosplay and leftie accolytes, are making me seriously question quite a lot around current political allegiances and models. The nastiness of her followers who sport leftie halos and can be seen gurning in faux sympathy for a ‘noble’ cause are the same as those who send threats and nastiness on behalf of Jack. It’s really chilling, the cult of personality.

I’m very interested she hasn’t gone after the Tweets that are openly accusing her of sniffing substances, she’s usually really happy to do this, but nope, although she’s refuted the accusation she’s not issued the usual legals…. Hmmm

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Shift workers:
restaurants (including McDonald’s)
24 hour garage
Everyone who works in a hospital (even cleaners wear scrubs)
Deliveroo
Firemanlady
Taxi driver

makes you think
E99DB15F-40BF-45E2-9040-2395502CB217.jpeg

This is what you could have had if you called Jack back Bill 💔

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 69
So finally caught up this morning.
Jack has shown what a nasty piece of work she is. Also, notice how Karl got a private DM.. just like the Camerons, and Jamie Oliver? They never acknowledged her apology either.. how strange these people don’t respond or say ‘thanks for the apology’.. Almost as if she hadn’t sent a DM at all..
how I would love it if Karl just tweets ‘I didn’t get any DMs from her’ to really highlight what a nasty, lying, disgusting cretin she is. I don’t believe for a second she is ashamed of her behaviour; she she worried this shows her flying monkeys her true behaviour and is trying to do some damage control. She sees nothing wrong in how she behaves and this was confirmed in her attempt at grovelling. ‘I’m not responsible for my own words, I’m subject to a vicious attack by trolls. I’m the victim here!’
How the BBC and the like still give Jack a platform I really do not know.
Jack, you are a disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
As ever with this house purchasing stuff… has she even done the most basic of research? There’s a plot of land on my road that’s not got any buildings on it going for just 7% under what we bought ours for. There are SO many probate properties in the sticks where families are now separating the mass of land from the property to maximise what they get, and usually it’s 50/50 or 60/40, it’s not like the land is discounted for not having a house on it? These are obviously intended for developers to put at least two houses on them as newer houses just don’t have the huge gardens/land as older ones.

Building a house is such an expensive endeavour as literally anyone who’s ever watched half an episode of grand designs knows?! If you’re in the sticks you need a septic tank, oil tank, and non conventional means of WiFi - and we actually *need* this as there’s no phone signal to call anyone without it. And costs increase if you’re in a preservation area as she’s implying will be her quaint little cheap escape from the ~metropolis~ of….. Thorpe Bay’s retirement community?

Sorry for the essay but omg no wonder she’s frittered away a decade of media salary she’s really dumb!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack still posts so much shite and has so many supporters that details such as not looking at her phone whilst travelling get drowned out in her supporters comments, as well as her own output. Glad to see she continues to provide content for future articles pointing out her evasion. Supporters will say it is nitpicking and people do not have the ability to report their actions with 100% accuracy all the time (although Jack has claimed great attention to detail). Taken together they demonstrate a pattern.

Reactions: 25
I agree.

Re her Dad, I believe, and it’s disgusting, she is cosplaying those who lived through the miners’ strikes, the miners were extremely poor due to the longevity of the strike ( Polish toys were gifted from Polish unions so kids could have an Xmas gift) were extremely poor whilst they were striking fighting for their jobs, communities and just to eat.
According to Wikipedia the firefighter strikes were 2002-03 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002-2003_UK_firefighter_dispute). I very much doubt the story re hitchhiking, there is a huge camaraderie in the service ( like the police) and I doubt it would be tolerated could you imagine the outrage at hitchhiking firefighters arriving late for a shift due to not being able to run a car? Plus her Mum would have been working.

Unions also have funds for those who are vulnerable and miss wages from striking, when applied for, are distributed due to need and having children is prioritised, it’s not a fortune, nor close to actual wages but that’s what subs go towards. Obviously, the longer the strike the less funds there are ( hence why miners relief funds were empty) I think this cosplay really fires up the idea of her fabulous politics. I bet she watched Brassed Off ( good film) and adapted it to her narrative.

just wrote all this and found the exact days they were out for
  • 09:00 Friday 22nd November to 09:00 Saturday 30th November
  • 09:00 Wednesday 4th December to 09:00 Thursday 12th December
  • 09:00 Monday 16th December to 09:00 Tuesday 24th December
Although not great ( made it a tough Xmas) it’s not the miners or dockers strike in terms of longevity, it would have had an impact, but was very survivable especially with a second wage in the house. Her Dad being a union leader would also been involved with the negotiations. As a leftie union supporting Frau this cosplay makes me seriously angry. Her Strike narrative is seriously dubious, even if she was probably party to talk at home about what was happening.
Ah thank you! If only Jack had ditched the drama in favour of clear communication. Yes long strikes are hard on workers and families but as you say unions don't just sit back and leave members to starve. Ways would always be found to help. It's the solidarity between the members that gets everyone through. Her dad is a TU man so would know the score. As you say, it was hardly the miners strike. We had some very politically active neighbours back during the miners strike and they used to put on a big dinner at the weekends at their house and have a group of miners or a couple of families over to help out. I remember being dead excited as we got given some tins and things to take over and we all just thought the miners were heroes. There were also bucket collections and I remember food collections as well down at the shops. We were just in Glasgow so not a mining town but shows that people will pull together to support each other. It's so typical that Jack focusses on the misery part and not the inspiring bit. Top tip Jack, this is partly why you are so unhappy.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Grunking and I know various Fraus have said this but I feel strongly as I have a relative with a TBI and know how vulnerable people with LDs and TBIs can be even if they are articulate and engaged:

That was NOT an apology. A REAL apology would have been on public Twitter to Karl (since she insulted him in public) and she would have addressed him by name and articulated exactly what she did wrong to show she understands what she did and why it was out of order. That in my view is how you relly say sorry - you articulate your wrong clearly and you give the other person the opportunity to say how it made them feel.

That's how the Big Book tells you to do it for Step 9. Don't boast about AA and your sobriety Jack without doing the do. You snivelling coward.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
I’ve just seen Jack’s old Insta account, from the time of The Poverty™️. There are photos of cakes she has baked, SB eating toast in a cafe, a photography exhibition of her own work and her trying on dresses in preparation for attending a friend’s wedding. 🤷‍♀️
That 'first do no harm' tattoo always annoys me, because practically everything she does and says causes harm.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
On Twitter I have seen several forced apologies by people who have been threatened with libel action. Jack will surely understand the importance of public acknowledgement of wrong, she has acknowledged the need to have her supporters know she has apologised. Nothing in public for him.

Reactions: 38
So rare, in fact, that in the last few days we’ve had lack of due diligence on all the below (there’s probably loads more but these are the highlights):

- “Gas radiators”
- Refrigerator Volts
- The “fasting” news article
- Cancelling direct debits for your gas/electricity bills
The >600% increase in care costs.

Reactions: 31
I like how unmodest she is in her apology with here 'rare' lack of diligence.

"I failed to do that here and can only hope that the person on the other end of my (rare!) lack of diligence was not distressed or hurt by it."

Please, witch, you thought the Georgia Church Suppers book was Eastern European. That's your level of diligence. Constantly shooting from the hip on Twitter with responses that range from embarrasing to irrresponsible, and going "weh weh, I am exhausted" when you duck up and get called out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
She’s the epitome of disingenuous.
I knew we’d get the tit “I’m sorry but it’s their fault” non-apology. She’s not ashamed of herself and bullshit was she at a meeting she was just passed out after her BHW twitter bender.
And I bet she didn’t even get her hoops pumped for six hours either she just WANTS US DEAD OF SICKING UP AT THE THOUGHT.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She cant seriously think mushrooms are an adequate protein source ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.