Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God there are just so many lies but the hitch hiking one is just bleeping off the scale bonkers. I didn't grow up poor, we started out working class and by the time I hit my teens were lower middle class, neither of my parents earned as much as Jack's parents and we even had a temporary unemployment POVERTY drama at a couple of points. However at no time was anyone hitch hiking to work- I just cannot fathom how a decently paid public sector worker was habitually struggling to get to work and was apparently wearing some sort of humiliating trousers during this odd episode. I really wish Big Dave would come on here and do an AMA because there's just so much I want to know about all of this. I can't be arsed making a trifle but I would be prepared to spray a ready made trifle gold and send a picture of it to Big Dave as an incentive to clear this up for us.
I agree.

Re her Dad, I believe, and it’s disgusting, she is cosplaying those who lived through the miners’ strikes, the miners were extremely poor due to the longevity of the strike ( Polish toys were gifted from Polish unions so kids could have an Xmas gift) were extremely poor whilst they were striking fighting for their jobs, communities and just to eat.
According to Wikipedia the firefighter strikes were 2002-03 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002-2003_UK_firefighter_dispute). I very much doubt the story re hitchhiking, there is a huge camaraderie in the service ( like the police) and I doubt it would be tolerated could you imagine the outrage at hitchhiking firefighters arriving late for a shift due to not being able to run a car? Plus her Mum would have been working.

Unions also have funds for those who are vulnerable and miss wages from striking, when applied for, are distributed due to need and having children is prioritised, it’s not a fortune, nor close to actual wages but that’s what subs go towards. Obviously, the longer the strike the less funds there are ( hence why miners relief funds were empty) I think this cosplay really fires up the idea of her fabulous politics. I bet she watched Brassed Off ( good film) and adapted it to her narrative.

just wrote all this and found the exact days they were out for
  • 09:00 Friday 22nd November to 09:00 Saturday 30th November
  • 09:00 Wednesday 4th December to 09:00 Thursday 12th December
  • 09:00 Monday 16th December to 09:00 Tuesday 24th December
Although not great ( made it a tough Xmas) it’s not the miners or dockers strike in terms of longevity, it would have had an impact, but was very survivable especially with a second wage in the house. Her Dad being a union leader would also been involved with the negotiations. As a leftie union supporting Frau this cosplay makes me seriously angry. Her Strike narrative is seriously dubious, even if she was probably party to talk at home about what was happening.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Obviously there've been endless lies from Jack as usual the last couple of days, but the fact that she expects anyone to believe that she wasn't on Twitter during either of her bus/train journeys to/from her apparent AA meeting is up there with the best of them. In the last 36 hours she's admitted to tweeting whilst walking the dog (take better care of it and actually watch it while you're outside you absolute weapon, and get your eyes off your phone) AND of course tweeting directly after apparent JackSex. Of course her phone was glued to her grubby little hands during the bus ride. Make it make sense Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Ah a horrible horrible mistake. Because the man has a LD. If he didn't it was OK then.
If her ma is anything likd mine she would have been all of that time bollocking her. My mum is lovely but she doesnt have go on when she is cross.

She also sounds like she is just aware of what she wrote to someone, isnt that a bit weird?

Honestly pet, forget spite, get off there, for alike a week, everything will still be here when you get back, sort tit out. As you often say to others you're only hurting yourself pal.

Reactions: 30
If at any point in my life I tweet a “fantasy cabinet”, particularly one that includes bleeping HUGH GRANT, I’d want a loved one to put a bullet in my head.

These people are bleeping pathetic. “Oooh Martin Lewis for chancellor please!”. These are the exact same people who’ll tweet “why is Rishi treating the economy like a household budget?!” but then see no irony in saying that a personal finance expert could do the job 🙄

Honestly, Jack has really found her tribe with these idiots.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
It was a metaphor mate.

Hahaaaaaa

My thoughts are that Jack has become her own aneurysm, and thinks she's Izzy from Grey's Anatomy
Bib….well, you know…..it’s just….it would make a great….too early….really?…..oh well 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Cannot tell you how relieved I was to see no Sex Jack on my morning catch up.

Im predicting some kind of woe is me thread today as she's clearly run out of sniff and is crashing hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Her dad hitchhiking to his managerial position…. cos they were so poor? Is this before or after her mum had a Land Rover discovery? The Land Rover Discovery that was driven to holidays in Portsmouth - despite only EVER holidaying with ‘granny’ at an Irish caravan. Also, in her mum’s wide open Facebook, she comments about a fancy hotel in Cyprus that they’ve been going to for x amount of years for a month at a time, and it goes all the way back through the poverty to when Jack was a kid. Makes you think 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92
I am still back in #367 so I have no idea where this will land or how much it has been discussed but RARE LACK OF DILIGENCE!?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Not sure if she's really doing that AA 10th step of taking inventory. She hardly takes inventory of all her freezer fish or pasta collection, let alone her actions and their consequences.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I’m confused about the housemate. She can’t take a lodger and is responsible for ALL her bills alone. But she’s had a housemate for 9 months?

AF64BF6D-ED3B-488A-BBC8-19EC93BD0333.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
I am still back in #367 so I have no idea where this will land or how much it has been discussed but RARE LACK OF DILIGENCE!?!?
So rare, in fact, that in the last few days we’ve had lack of due diligence on all the below (there’s probably loads more but these are the highlights):

- “Gas radiators”
- Refrigerator Volts
- The “fasting” news article
- Cancelling direct debits for your gas/electricity bills

Reactions: 37
I thought the cancer cosplay was my aneurysm, weirdly I think it's actually the hula hoop! Not a bleeping chance she can do 1000 repetitions. What a stupid thing to lie about. Also now visualising a courtroom where she's made to do a hula hoop death match to prove it.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
If she can check her Twitter while waiting her turn at crazy golf, and from the frontlines of Pontins dance floor, then she check her Twitter on the bus.

Jack:
Oh, shiiiiit. Ok. Ok. Um [dials agent] Carole? Can you write a good apology for me?

PS - is Carole her agent’s name? May have made this up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Jack's stans arewilfully blind to her behaviour. It reminds me of Donald Trump saying he could shoot someone and they would still vote for him. Same thing applies Sqwuigs cannot admit they backed the wrong horse so they double down in their support.

Her apology to Karl is meaningless unless she changes her behaviour..

• Heart
Reactions: 57
The high rent really one of the bigger problems she enjoys having.

If she was locked in her contract (even after a full 4 years...and after having tweeted about being on a rolling contract), she never mentions trying to work things out with the landlady together. Or even having a look into what her rights as a tenant are about braking up the contract. She just loves it as a reason to justify the need for her £20 shops, which helps with the poverty cosplaying.

(I know everyone here already knows that)

Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.