Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I'm no mathematical genius but how in the everloving f*ck is she saying that it costs a almost £50 a month to run a fridge freezer??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

Yel

Chatty Member
She’s been absolutely hammered on Twitter for this post. Lots pointing out it doesn’t give enough nutrients or calories. She’s becoming a joke.
It's either people pointing out the nonsense or totally naive people saying how lucky we are to have Jack. I bet the latter types are saying how great she is while off to buy a $6 sourdough loaf. Well-meaning but very stupid, like Nigella.

For me it's that Jack goes on about how much hard work and thought went into buying some value items. A process no less. o_O She validates that it's hard meticulous work by showing her adding up the running cost 🤪

Imagine if Jacob Rees-Mogg bought a few value items that didn't make any meals other than some porridge and said how great it was

• Heart

KebabGirl

VIP Member
The domestic supply in the UK is consistent. 230v and 50Hz. The relationship between volts and watts is not direct, it brings in amps (current) as well.
Watts = amps x volts

As she's deleted it, I can't be arsed to do any sums as I've only had one caffeinated beverage this morning. If it returns, happy to do some sums. I have knowledge as a frau with a-level physics, oh and a degree in electrical engineering. Hashtag humblebrag.

• Heart

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Only partially squigged this as the name of the account is relevant: they are a relatively newly formed non-profit providing energy advice. This is in the replies to Emma Kennedy complaining about bills. Interesting that both she and Jack have consistently ignored messages from said CIC who actually seem capable of providing help during this crisis 🤔 almost like they don’t really care and their concern is performative.

0F5B040E-EA83-4C4B-AD54-22CD3CFFA79F.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Dusty Aunt Helen's "large and sprawling" house in Plymouth (not one garden, but three!) sounds a much more idyllic childhood holiday destination than a caravan or her nan's two up, two down, which is probably why she's conveniently forgotten about it.

Screenshot_20220828-183256_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
The protein for these £20 shops are *always* carried over from the week before, or in the freezer waiting to be used. Why don’t we ever see the protein bought as part of the £20 shop? It’s almost as if ~they aren’t possible~

How do so many people fall for this shit 🤡

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 82

Terrible

VIP Member
did they find the navy landrover, the ten years of ballet lessons and the holidays to Cyprus in a puddle?

• Haha
  • Wow

Boyo

VIP Member
Ok so she’s shopping for three on £20 and still having stuff left over to ~stockpile~ for future crimes against food. Get in the bin (with your slop).

C8574F2E-3090-4FF3-890B-CCEC5456FB12.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha

Beansbeans

FFS why does she lie about stuff when the evidence is out there.

The guardian article on her parents literally states how much they got paid to foster.
And how they paid for an extension and large car to be able to do so.

And in her early blogs she was a fully paid up member of the middle classes who had fallen on hard times!

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Lazarus

VIP Member
I worked in an acute admissions unit of a psychiatric hospital years ago. There's no way she should come into contact with any of the extremely vulnerable patients on such a unit. No way.
I’ve never worked anywhere near acute admissions in a psychiatric hospital and I agree with you.
She takes space where working class women should be.
She takes space where experts should be.
She takes space where people living in poverty should be, where people who are good at cooking economically should be, where trans people should be, where disabled people should be, where basically anyone but her should be. The last thing that she should be doing is taking up space in hospital then writing a memoir about her experience of it.

• Heart
  • Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
This is insanity. Devices don't use their max power all the time. 🤦‍♀️ think of an iron clicking on and off jack!

Screenshot_20220828-102417_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220828-102438_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow

FeelingGroovy

Up to now, I’ve laughed at posts insinuating a recreational class A use, but have honoured the fact she’s in recovery and taken it with a pinch of salt.

No longer. She may be alcohol sober, but she is off her tits this morning. Whether that’s abusing ADHD meds or truly classA, she’s wibbling all over the place like you do on a bender.

it’s like a live action Spud interview from Trainspotting.
“My pleasure in your leisure. And your fridge voltage.”

• Haha

veronica71

VIP Member
89684E2C-5040-4AA5-BD97-B3710F2C6691.jpeg

not up to date yet and I’m sure you’ve already shared TDs latest post but Ian Dunt has liked it and I’m so relieved as this place has smashed the idea of so many of my favourite people and I’m so glad he’s on the right side

• Heart
  • Wow

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Someone call Ronan Keating cos this is a bloody rollercoaster rn lol.

Also bringing this back. It's been shared before but is particularly apt.

2a3.jpg

• Haha

FeelingGroovy

What is wrong with her teeth??

View attachment 1533873
Ah. The morning after the night before. Up all night planning a kitchen with a range cooker operated by sludgy central heating water, planning arsehatted meals with blue cheese and red wine and doing wildly insane maths, and solving the energy crisis by everyone buying different fridges.

Two words:
Come. Down.

• Haha
  • Heart