Jack Monroe #377 What’s the point?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @Valiofthedolls for the thread title, you win a new kitchen designed by Jack and her 42-year-old friend. Words spoken by Kirsty Strickland on Twitter, in response to Jack’s latest poverty playtime.

Yep, she’s back on the £20 pound food shops from her happy place (Asda) and she’s so proud of being able to feed two active (fnar) adults and a ‘teen’ on some bananas, porridge oats and tortilla chips. Such a budgeting marvel, if she can do it then why can’t everyone?

8A19E5DC-1669-456F-A245-5B4990FE5E8A.jpeg

She also thinks there should be Express/local style shops that only stock the Essentials range in ‘deprived’ areas.

She chatted some other bollocks (can’t remember it all, please jog my memory below if you can be arsed) and was tweeting about designing a kitchen at 7am on Sunday (🥴) with her previously-mentioned 42-year-old friend.

please use the words ‘thread title’ when trying for one, wiki if you’re new.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 102
Psychic Jacks back! Squigs suggest some mad cap idea and Jacks already thought of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She’s been absolutely hammered on Twitter for this post. Lots pointing out it doesn’t give enough nutrients or calories. She’s becoming a joke.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 103
P sure Harold was 42 so - as per LJC in the “bubble buddy” years - Jack’s abuse, harassment and threats of self-harm have evidently worked in getting him to talk to her again.

Like all abusers, she has a pattern.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 97
Yesterday felt like a kind of record-breaking tweeting day for Jack, but I just checked socialblade and it's coming in at 62 tweets over the course of the day (some might roll over into today's numbers). I wonder if she had time to softly, gently turn up at the foodbank which she's previously said she volunteers at every weekend.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Congrats to @Valiofthedolls for the thread title, you win a new kitchen designed by Jack and her 42-year-old friend. Words spoken by Kirsty Strickland on Twitter, in response to Jack’s latest poverty playtime.

Yep, she’s back on the £20 pound food shops from her happy place (Asda) and she’s so proud of being able to feed two active (fnar) adults and a ‘teen’ on some bananas, porridge oats and tortilla chips. Such a budgeting marvel, if she can do it then why can’t everyone?

View attachment 1533617
She also thinks there should be Express/local style shops that only stock the Essentials range in ‘deprived’ areas.

She chatted some other bollocks (can’t remember it all, please jog my memory below if you can be arsed) and was tweeting about designing a kitchen at 7am on Sunday (🥴) with her previously-mentioned 42-year-old friend.

My mahoosive 9 year old would inhale that fruit in less time it took me too buy it, pack it and bring it home!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Jack Monroe, the worlds greatest poverty campaigner, ex firefighter, Asda store worker, prison advisor, Saviour of All Poors, does not realise that radiators are filled with heated water, but rather some heated gas - like mini-Hindenburgs strapped to the walls of most houses in Britain.

• Haha
Reactions: 143
F50B0ADB-A541-416B-A1E4-C1CA997901D0.jpeg

Morning everyone. I’m up and dressed and ready to go up the Asda. I need 2 garlic cloves and four granules of sugar for my months meal plan. Anyone want anything - please bare in mind I only have 3 shillings 4 pence so you’ll have to PayPal over cashos and I can’t carry owt heavy due to unspecified ill health. Wish me luck and hopefully all being well I’ll see you again soon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 163
I’m sorry Fraus. Life has been hectic and I know it’s probably in the previous few threads but who is this supposed other active adult? Theories or is it (another) blatant lie? I for one don’t believe Jack can work 100 hour weeks, be a parent, spend her life shouting on Twitter and form a new relationship 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 43
Further re cap: she claimed to have softly, quietly (insert ironic laughter here) done work with prisoners, teaching them how to cook tamales. Because of course, prisoners of any category will be allowed access to a deep fat fryer. No problems there.

Am I right in thinking that That Man had a restaurant that employed ex prisoners? I bet that’s why JM came up with that lie last night; still trying to one up Jamie after all these years.

Well fraus she was On One last night wasn’t she, that was disgusting.
I was particularly offended by her insults to the older generation, most of whom have worked pretty bloody hard (unlike Jackie) and deserve a comfortable retirement. When my family first came here from Greece they lived in South Wales not far from the industrial communities which have been so tragically decimated by poverty since the late 80s. But even back then when there was work, life was no picnic. Homes with little heating, outdoor toilets, no double glazing, less cheap mass produced food so it cost more proportionately of one’s salary. Back breaking work which put you at risk of injury and/or a drastically shortened life span. Lots of problems with domestic violence which wasn’t really seen as a crime back then.
Jack has no historical knowledge or interest. She has no respect for her elders, which is unforgivable. She’s like a teenager. All she can see is herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
P sure Harold was 42 so - as per LJC in the “bubble buddy” years - Jack’s abuse, harassment and threats of self-harm have evidently worked in getting him to talk to her again.

Like all abusers, she has a pattern.
Pretty much missed the whole last thread. He’s not back, is he?! 🫣🫣

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Me, finally arriving at the Schrödinger's poor person thread this morning 'Yes! I've been reading for hours, I'm ignoring my boyfriend, surely I can't be too far behind now'

THREAD LOCKED

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 140
So she’s not poor, not even pretending to be poor, but she IS pretending to spend 20 quid a week on her groceries for 2 people?

• Heart
Reactions: 92

View attachment 1533617

That’s her idea of Sunday morning sweet talking a new paramour. Planning how to do up their kitchen to serve her own needs, because obviously she’ll be living there soon HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
She’s been absolutely hammered on Twitter for this post. Lots pointing out it doesn’t give enough nutrients or calories. She’s becoming a joke.
It's either people pointing out the nonsense or totally naive people saying how lucky we are to have Jack. I bet the latter types are saying how great she is while off to buy a $6 sourdough loaf. Well-meaning but very stupid, like Nigella.

For me it's that Jack goes on about how much hard work and thought went into buying some value items. A process no less. o_O She validates that it's hard meticulous work by showing her adding up the running cost 🤪

Imagine if Jacob Rees-Mogg bought a few value items that didn't make any meals other than some porridge and said how great it was

• Heart
Reactions: 84
She must be so confused- she’s like one of those bands who keep trotting out all the old hits with diminishing returns but culture has moved on. ‘But, but, but everyone loved my £20 shops, and I got all the cashos after HH1, and I got DKL after slagging off a major tv chef and accusing him of nicking my ideas’.
8A8CA86F-B413-42D3-9146-F007C6EC9BEE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 87
She seems to tweet every single thought that comes into her head. I imagine she also speaks every single thought that comes into her head - she must be a hoot to live with. :eek:

Must admit I'm dying to know who this new 42 yr old 'friend' is who has suddenly appeared, and how long they'll last ...

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Yesterday felt like a kind of record-breaking tweeting day for Jack, but I just checked socialblade and it's coming in at 62 tweets over the course of the day (some might roll over into today's numbers). I wonder if she had time to softly, gently turn up at the foodbank which she's previously said she volunteers at every weekend.

Oh just leave her alone, do you want her to stop breathing? She’s only on twitter 30 minutes a day

• Haha
Reactions: 49
All we know is that she’s been chucking breadcrumbs the size of a small white tin about this 42yr old guy.
Unclear if it’s poor Harold reeled back in, or a totally different victim. He’s a laborer allegedly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.