Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

moldwarp

VIP Member
So ten years ago - have we hypothesized that the ‘poverty’ was a massive attention seeking exercise because she wasn’t left a house and/or a million quid by her Grandad (when he was DEAD)?
God. You could be onto something there.

“I’m pregnant, give me one of granddads houses“

“Er no, we don’t think you’re mature enough to manage a house on your own, and also darling perhaps you should think about whether you’re quite ready to be a mum at your age especially with your job and everything “

“You trolls! How dare you! I howl and writhe on the floor now!”

“no darling please don’t look you can stay here and we’ll look after you and the baby”

“NOOOOOOOO!!! I’m going to move into a house share and do it all myself and I will probably STARVE and have to UNSCREW LIGHTBULBS!!! Yeah!!! That’ll show you! You’ll be happy then won’t you!! And I’ll even contact the local paper about my destitution so everyone in Southend will see what HORRIBLE parents you are!”

Ten years later…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Was hoping to finally catch up and be back in real time today but have just seen she was up at 6am chatting shite about gas radiators and designing a dream kitchen for a 42 year old "friend" who is totally not either a new mug she's snared with a charm offensive or Harold who's been recaptured with emotional abuse. Said dream kitchen is going to contain a 7 hob range which Jack is hoping to "borrow" for "filming purposes" despite being more inclined to spoon her own eyes out than pursue a TV career. Said dream kitchen and "dreamy mood boards" are totally not for the "1 bedroom flat" she's moving into soon.

Jack, we're all so tired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
Coming from behind, but fuck off with your workhouse talk, Jack.

My Grandmothers father was sent to the workhouse, aged four. FOUR. His father had been murdered the year before, then his mother died by suicide - and attempted to take all three of her children with her.

Because of real poverty. They were actually starving. Her family couldn’t take the children in, despite her begging. So she figured they’d all be better off DEAD, rather than just her dead and them in workhouses.

The children all survived and were sent to various places across the country, where they suffered things I won’t type about here.

He never spoke a word of this to anyone. It was after his death that my Grandmother spent years searching for information on him and his family; she was desperate to understand why he was the way he was and what had happened to him.

It was only during lockdown that I managed to do a very deep dive and find more information than she could ever dream of; and the hours I spent sobbing after reading everything are countless.

The UK isn’t perfect, but at least we don’t have women doing murder/suicides with their children because that is the least worst option for them any more. We have a benefits system, food banks, social housing. All things that would have kept her alive.

She has really, really fucked me off with that. The impact it had on my Great Grandfather, my Grandmother and subsequently my Dad and me. I could ramble on more about the knock ons, but I’m tired and furious.

Don’t talk about poverty hangovers any more. Or suicide. You are not qualified.

• Heart
  • Sad

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I highly doubt it is Old Harold. The Frau whose colleague is Harold adjacent said he was 45 rather than 42 (just being forensic here). Can't even comment on behaviour since Thursday, I am that dismayed by her audacity. I've never seen someone, moreover someone now experiencing some long overdue scrutiny and criticism, with such flagrant cheek. Unreal.
Ah, sorry, my bad. 42 and 45, like herbs, are interchangeable to me.

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I like how the proper journalists are playing with Jack. Like cats toying with a mouse.

They're literally giving Jack enough rope to hang herself, and she can't help herself. I really think something is brewing behind the scenes now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Just thinking aloud here...

Having a special shop where poor people could get just the basics branded foods could be a potential extremely lucrative new market.

After all, the supermarkets have the infrastructure to do it.

They could then use their computer/technological structure to link with, say, a voucher system where the government, perhaps through the system set up for the school holiday voucher scheme (already developed and expanded from a government staff voucher scheme), allocates a certain amount to people for food, types of food, toiletries, even clothing, and other household goods.

This would mean that the government would be able to negotiate with the supermarkets to provide, as they do for the employee rewards and school holiday vouchers, a significant discount for the money. Thus meaning the government could reduce the amount given direct to people 'You're getting food, you don't need cash'. Under the auspices of public health, they could decide what they do or don't agree to pay for; no cigarettes, no alcohol, no high salt/fat/whatever is the trend at the moment 'bad food'. Could feasibly, in terms of technology, set it up so that only a maximum amount of calories/fat/whatever could be chosen. But the supermarkets would fundamentally dictate the prices in that absolutely captive market.

The supermarkets would make billions over time as it would mean they were taking a significant proportion of the benefits bill direct from government instead of letting people have full control over what they choose to eat, drink, wash their clothes in, etc. As there would be decisions made about what poor people were allowed to have, it would be possible for both the supermarkets and major food/chemical/pharmaceutical/etc manufacturers to put pressure on for particular items to be included and for government to make decisions upon what is included in the basket of acceptable items.

It's similar to the ASDA vouchers that were dished out years ago - the 'healthy' choices that the vouchers could be used on were all, almost without exception, more expensive per unit than the items that weren't eligible. Lots of high refined carb, low nutrition, lower quality items and overpriced veg got punted out to people in that 'healthy start' spiel. In this case, it would be 'take food here or go without'. There would be records of everything people bought available to government - why are you saying you aren't working? You've not taken your full allowance, so you must be getting food and money from somewhere. You're spending on men's toiletries for the month when you're female and so is your child - have you got somebody else staying with you under the radar? Been sanctioned? Good luck with getting enough calories now, you can't have saved anything up as you don't get cash to put little bits by. Applying for a disability benefit? But you're overweight - our disability assessment team says you'll be fine if you lose three stone, so a) you aren't getting it or b) we're further restricting the total calories you can buy to 7000/week. Let us know when your BMI is at whatever level we deem is acceptable to still have issues.

What she's wittering on about is essentially introducing an environment where, say, a US company with experience, could operate a Food Stamps system, but wider ranging in its removal of agency from poor people. Or a version of where workers would only be able to buy from the company store with their 'income'. Stick in a requirement to 'give something back' in return for the vouchers and you've got indentured labour.

• Angry
  • Wow
You'd think she'd have noticed that someone posted her grandad's will on twitter recently with the amount of time she spends on there.

He had four terraced houses in a row which I believe were the guest houses from news articles about the new owners. Two went to his wife (along with the house they lived in and another property), one went to one son and the other to the daughter. The other two sons also got a house each. Yes, that is eight houses.

• Wow
  • Heart

flightofthealligator

She’s been absolutely hammered on Twitter for this post. Lots pointing out it doesn’t give enough nutrients or calories. She’s becoming a joke.
She must be so confused- she’s like one of those bands who keep trotting out all the old hits with diminishing returns but culture has moved on. ‘But, but, but everyone loved my £20 shops, and I got all the cashos after HH1, and I got DKL after slagging off a major tv chef and accusing him of nicking my ideas’.
8A8CA86F-B413-42D3-9146-F007C6EC9BEE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 87

allybongo

Chatty Member
I once knew someone who woke up so hungover and dehydrated that they drank the contents of their hot water bottle 😂
I woke up drunk in my friend’s parent’s spare room as a teenager and didn’t know which door was the one to the bathroom. I drank the water out of the iron.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
Fellow Fraus. Instead of doing my taxes this weekend I decided to calculate the total calories of Jack's glorious shop. Yes, I am bored. An average (low activity) male needs 2,500 a day, a women 2,000 a day and a boy aged 9-13 2,500 a day so 50,000 calories for a seven day period in total. Jack's shop doesn't even cover half of the recommended intake. It is even short for two people (32,000 for a boy and women). For processed food I have used exactly the Asda website numbers. I am also assuming absolutely nothing is chopped of the vegetables. Hoping I don't get sued for libel for this ground-breaking analysis.

1661697576918.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 85

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Yesterday felt like a kind of record-breaking tweeting day for Jack, but I just checked socialblade and it's coming in at 62 tweets over the course of the day (some might roll over into today's numbers). I wonder if she had time to softly, gently turn up at the foodbank which she's previously said she volunteers at every weekend.

• Haha
  • Wow

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
The QT that says how carefully she has worded is the one that is so chilling.

It’s true. She never said that £18.01/£20 cash/£17.71 or whatever was going to feed the three of them 42 meals for the week.

She must spend hours thinking of how to word her tweets and it is why some of us think we are going round the twist here. She writes in such a tricksy way to never actually lie that we can never really pin her down on anything.

If that makes her happy then good for her. If she wants to spend her time thinking how to write wordy shite on the internet she can.

The cards are beginning to fall and the joker is always the first to go.

• Heart