Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in the film industry but I would absolutely love to run cookery workshops - I just don’t have the confidence to believe that people will actually want to pay to attend them, not enough to change my career yet! But jack is a recognisable name, she is in such a fortunate position with so many different options If she is willing to give up her dream of fame and fortune. Not everyone in lifeends up with a BBC series.
And she can easily keep her level of "fame" if she did these workshops, perhaps as part of an Adult Education course run by a local council? Not everyone "famous" clings on so ridiculously to their fame. Katie Jarvis from Eastenders (played Hayley Slater) got a job as a security guard AFTER being on 'Enders to put money on the table. Michael Underwood who was a CBBC presenter is now a teacher (although slightly different circumstances). You don't have to keep doing the same old thing, especially if the work is drying up/dried up. She could hand over her social media accounts (which I always presumed was a common thing for well known people to do), plan her next move and promote the sh*t out of cookery classes or whatever she wants. She is not the only person in the world to have lost work in the last six months...

Reactions: 26
Wow, amazing! I was obsessed with that film. I can't rewatch it because I know 100% that it won't hold up. Enjoy your shag in the park. Just make sure to wear a t-shirts, slip dress and nothing else.
And a mask. We *are* in a pandemic, after all!

I do watch it periodically and it does hold up if you view it through a nostalgia lens. I prefer the second film though - suits my cynical 30s much better! And honestly I couldn't stand the latest one - just privileged middle class poshos arguing for 90 minutes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
And she can easily keep her level of "fame" if she did these workshops, perhaps as part of an Adult Education course run by a local council? Not everyone "famous" clings on so ridiculously to their fame. Katie Jarvis from Eastenders (played Hayley Slater) got a job as a security guard AFTER being on 'Enders to put money on the table. Michael Underwood who was a CBBC presenter is now a teacher (although slightly different circumstances). You don't have to keep doing the same old thing, especially if the work is drying up/dried up. She could hand over her social media accounts (which I always presumed was a common thing for well known people to do), plan her next move and promote the sh*t out of cookery classes or whatever she wants. She is not the only person in the world to have lost work in the last six months...
And Jonathan Knight from New Kids on the Block is a gardener.

He was my first crush, when I was a preteen. To find out 20 years later he was gay CRUSHED me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I smoked More Menthols and wanted a cigarette holder to be extra wanky.

Oh, and once I was on the dole between jobs for a month, I ended up on rollies, all done first thing in the morning as I had my first coffee - and stored in a metal case I picked up from a junk shop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
While we are on a nostalgia trip - did anyone used to buy multicoloured cigarettes thinking they were fancy?! I distinctly remember me and my friends would buy each other these for special birthday treats. So bad. We must have been about 14!
I smoked menthols, now they were FANCY 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

He was my first crush, when I was a preteen. To find out 20 years later he was gay CRUSHED me.
Ohhhh another 80's/90's flashback!! I had posters of NKOTB all over my bedroom walls. It was Donnie Wahlberg that did it for me 😊😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Has Jack not improved herself since she came on here as a poster?! Well rinse my beans and spunk my horse onto a lasagne! Some folk never learn.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh god, that FILM - it was everything my 20-something self thought was romantic! I'm planning my own 'before sunset' - meeting up with the guy I fell in love with 12 years ago in Siberia, haven't seen him since. He's in Switzerland now and if we don't spend all night wandering the streets and then shagging in a park I'll be well disappointed :LOL:
I LOVE that film too - and the second and the third (even though the third is quite bitter more than sweet). I love that you’re having your own ‘Before’ meet up (with plenty of culturally intellectual chat and emotionally sensitive soul searching interspersed 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Here's my outfit of choice, late 90s, I was 17. My boyfriend had greasy hair and wore a leather jacket. We smoked gauloises, drank cheap wine and thought we were intellectuals.

Omg I remember early 2000s wearing 2 vest tops in different colours together. Wtf was the point of that ?!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
God, me too. I get weak in the knees when I smell it. I once followed a burly bloke around a shopping centre because of the waft.

So true. And it would provide REAL connection with REAL people. As much as I love the cabal, this thread would not emotionally fulfil me and from everything I've read on here, we all clearly get our emotional support from elsewhere (as well as here, not dissing the lots of lovely, supportive messages).

Teaching is a lovely way to connect with people. Problem for her is, you have to care about your students. You have to be interested in them. You have to listen. The fulfilment you get from helping someone, teaching someone a skill they didn't have before is incredibly rewarding.
Also she isn’t even able to describe what she’s doing on tv without someone to prompt her, she’d be an awful teacher imo

Reactions: 15

I was (and still am) a Jordan Knight girl myself, he's got the right stuff and he knows it. 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Also she isn’t even able to describe what she’s doing on tv without someone to prompt her, she’d be an awful teacher imo
Yeah actually you’re right lol she would be terrible - she has a very natural ability to make people feel comfortable just with her general aura. Not exactly teacher material.

😮 why?! I haven’t smoked in 11 years (only did to be “cool” anyway) so I didn’t know this!
I think because kids are more likely to find them palatable? Although I remember thinking it was similar to brushing your teeth then eating an apple

Reactions: 6
😮 why?! I haven’t smoked in 11 years (only did to be “cool” anyway) so I didn’t know this!
Because people like them.

Allegedly, teenagers preferred them, so making them illegal makes it less likely that they'll start smoking.

Yeah. My first cigarette was a B&H from a packet we'd nicked from the woodwork teacher's tweed blazer. I then moved on to Marlboro Red and only started the menthols much later.

And a mask. We *are* in a pandemic, after all!

I do watch it periodically and it does hold up if you view it through a nostalgia lens. I prefer the second film though - suits my cynical 30s much better! And honestly I couldn't stand the latest one - just privileged middle class poshos arguing for 90 minutes.
I watched the first two quite recently and they do hold up for sure! Def for some whimsical nostalgia (and I def prefer the second one as well. I love the ending, when Julie Delpy sings and talks about Nina Simone) ahhhhhh ❤

• Heart
I watched the first two quite recently and they do hold up for sure! Def for some whimsical nostalgia (and I def prefer the second one as well. I love the ending, when Julie Delpy sings and talks about Nina Simone) ahhhhhh ❤
Argghh and when Jesse can't leave cos he's so infatuated with her (babe, same) 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.