Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly it would do her career the world of good to leave SM. It's tanking right now (oh sorry, she's got OFFERS), she's haemorrhaging followers, she's clearly not well. Imagine: she takes a good 6 months to a year off, then comes back with a NEW NICHE. She's zen, she's mindful, she's cooking things that allow you to connect with the real world (local produce, maybe some foraged stuff, none of it too expensive). She can talk about how she kicked her SM addiction (and sure, her alcohol addiction too) by getting back to basics - just simple, honest food.

Jack, this one's on me. Of course it'll never happen in a million years because she has no intention of helping herself.
Yep. She could probably get a pretty nice job running cookery workshops in Southend or something along those lines, if she really wanted a quiet life but the thing is she's being dishonest. Jack is interested in fame above all else.

Reactions: 24
Seriously, if I had any job that made me as miserable as this one does to her, I'd look for something else. She is not enjoying it all.

She needs a holiday and a fairly decent one at that, during which she writes a informative post on twitter to say, look guys off on a virtual holiday, as off such and such time today I will be turning off all phones except for my landline for emergencies. Will pick up emails when I return until then take care.

Then go and spend some of your newly earned money and have a bit of fun.

Reactions: 21
bleeping hell. At this point I think it's safe to say that she is in need of some outside help. Whether it's a true cry for help or a way to manipulate people, the end result is the same in my opinion. She should be on constant obs somewhere, with no access to social media, while she works with professionals to get herself well. No one but Jack is responsible for her mental health, but it's clear she has no intention of managing it. Someone is going to have to step in and get the ball rolling, a friend or loved one needs to make a difficult call. She cannot focus on any kind of recovery when she is stuck in this loop.

I do think it's possible for Jack to come back from all of this, but she definitely needs to step away and get better first. In fact, it could even work to her advantage as she could effectively write off a lot of the tit she's done recently and have a clean slate.
The problem is, Grunka, as we have repeatedly seen, that she is not prepared to take responsibility and do the work needed to get herself better.

She positively revels in being a victim and I think without it she literally has no identity, so in a weird way it's safer and easier for her to stay as she is.

I find her behaviour so depressing and exhausting. She actually makes me really angry 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 39
I just don't get it. Make a private twitter account with your apparently real group of *amazing* friends and blue tickers and share your life privately on there, while tweeting about your recipes/social activism (lol) on your public account? It is so simple!
Genuinely don't understand why she doesn't do this. Hasn't she already admitted to having about 9 different alts? Ah, but I'm guessing none of them have the follower numbers her main one does, which means she'll get less ATTENTION.

I am one of her supposed target audience. I have little money, only basic cooking experience (can make stews casseroles full roast, but don't have much imagination) and receive foodbank stuff from time to time.

When my foodbank box arrives and there's something in it that don't know how use, couscous for instance, I turn to Google. I Google "item" plus "easy recipe". I can categorically state that never has one of her recipes come up to assist. Though many, many others do. I actually find BBC the best resource.

I know some cannot afford internet, so Google is not always available, so a book can be useful, though she's already covered that. Though there are many, many better budget cookbooks out there.

The four bedsits on my landing (studio apartments they are called on my agreement) share 1 internet connection between us. The router is just outside my neighbours door (it's her connection) and we all chip in each month. We have found our own way to overcome at least that difficulty. I had better warn next door, JM triangulation skills will lead to her, so she had better watch her back.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Re mouth ulcers. I'm sure what I had was nothing compared to those with cancer/chemotherapy but when my child was a baby I had horrible big, painful mouth ulcers. To the extent where I couldn't concentrate on anything but the burning pain of them. The only thing that worked was an oral gel called Adcortyl in Orabase. It kind of cemented over the raw bit and gave a lot of relief. Then they bloody discontinued it!

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Yep. She could probably get a pretty nice job running cookery workshops in Southend or something along those lines, if she really wanted a quiet life but the thing is she's being dishonest. Jack is interested in fame above all else.
That's the thing. Her 'job' is maintaining her fame/climbing that ladder. She's terrified that if she logs off for a single SECOND, people will forget about her. It's never been about providing advice and recipes, she just can't bear the thought of becoming old news. She'd rather be notorious than happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think more than pity she just likes attention generally and this is the easiest way to get it
I agree with this. I think we forgot our place yesterday when we were discussing 80s/90s/00s nostalgia, Jack had to dramatically steer us back to her.

those two comments we saw on insta yesterday that appeared to set her off were very tame and easily ignorable and clearly not clever enough to be anyone here. Something about punctuation ffs!

Her twitter is extremely unbalanced. She has her hardcore fans that overly praise her to the point of being patronising and probably quite suffocating. Then if she receives anything that’s not adoration, even just a fair criticism or difference of opinion she goes ape tit. It’s not healthy.
I genuinely think this place is the kindest, funniest most balanced place to be, she just doesn’t know how to handle criticism. And she will be criticised and called out until she starts behaving professionally.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
That's the thing. Her 'job' is maintaining her fame/climbing that ladder. She's terrified that if she logs off for a single SECOND, people will forget about her. It's never been about providing advice and recipes, she just can't bear the thought of becoming old news. She'd rather be notorious than happy.
She’s veering down the KH train of fame. All be it left leaning.
The twitter antifa to Hopkins alt right.

Reactions: 22
This completely. She can’t stand the thought of being irrelevant - all the grasping on to her situation of years ago, her glossing over of facts now. She is desperate to still be known as that poor, single mother who was forced to sell her child’s toys - when in fact she is more than comfortable.

Letdown larder, except she got a job off the back of that.
The worst thing is she only started the LL when THAT MAN stole HER job and was muscling in on her niche! 🙄 the LL was on at the same time as his show! (Pathetic) she even complained on twitter about how much work it was to tweet “bung it in a curry” a million times. It then fizzled out once DK was commissioned only to be revived when the show didn’t get renewed and she didn’t laugh up a lung. It’s been very hit and miss ever since. She’s just not consistent.

Yes social media is part of her job but she could have easily done it for an hour a night mon - fri and I’m sure she would have got some media attention for it.
Why doesn’t she have a social media manager?!

Reactions: 23
I believe her when she says she wouldn't wish fame on anyone. I think she's fully aware of the monster she's created, even though she has no intention of stepping back. These cycles are becoming more and more frequent, the high becoming shorter and shorter, and the low becoming deeper every time. I think she genuinely would like someone to scoop her up and take her away from it all, but I think she spends so much time online she completely neglects any 'real' friends she may have.

Reactions: 22
Aramis was the smell of the 80's for me, I loved it. Until.....a real slimy, smarmy guy at work started wearing it. I instantly hated the stuff.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
For those that missed her swiftly deleted tweet of last night, I wanted to give an explanation of what it was. Popping it behind a spoiler as although it didn't say much technically (same two words repeatedly) it did have sinister vibes and I found it freaky 😕

the tweet was the words "not okay" repeated over and over multiple times. Whether she was referring to herself or to what trolls say who knows. But it made me uneasy! Like something that pops up on a computer screen in a horror film scene or something! Shudder.
Vanessa Feltz and the chalkboard table.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I believe her when she says she wouldn't wish fame on anyone. I think she's fully aware of the monster she's created, even though she has no intention of stepping back. These cycles are becoming more and more frequent, the high becoming shorter and shorter, and the low becoming deeper every time. I think she genuinely would like someone to scoop her up and take her away from it all, but I think she spends so much time online she completely neglects any 'real' friends she may have.
Hmmmm I don't know if I agree - I think she loves the attention and if anything the 'trolls' allow her to continue to be a victim worthy of sympathy and attention, despite having a very successful career, being a Groucho club member and owning three freezers.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think she genuinely would like someone to scoop her up and take her away from it all,
She has had the opportunity to do this at least twice with the wealthy girlfriends. She has a craving for fame in her own right. Attention seeker extraordinaire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.