Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you a single mother if you share custody? That literally means you have no children to look after half the time.
I’m in this position and consider myself a single mum, mumming doesn’t stop when they’re away, although I do completely agree I benefit from a lot of alone time and am in awe of those who don’t get any break

Why does she constantly mention the pandemic in this way, does she think it’s escaped someone’s attention?! Ffs
because she’s the ONLY person it affects

Reactions: 18
Honestly imagine if the WiFi in her area went down. I think she would have the mother of all meltdowns. I like being able to be on my phone but I could live without it. It's odd that she is so reliant on them.

Reactions: 15
I’m struggling to stay in real time and feel bad not being able to dish out enough appreciation likes on all the commentary If only my days had as many hours in them as Jack’s...

The holiday comments remind me of this when she posted a selfie in hiking gear with “To the Lakes I go” (I promise I just grabbed a few screenshots the other day when trying to locate Harriet and Miliband)

https://giphy.com/U1aN4HTfJ2SmgB2BBK

Reactions: 61
It's the poor little rich girl again.

Childhood holidays - 1 week aged 3 at Camber Sands, 1 week aged 15 in a caravan in the Cotswolds.
Adult holidays - one week in a caravan in Devon in 2001, 2 nights in Paris in 2012. The nearest thing I've had to a holiday in the last eight years is working at festivals for about 4 days a time or teching/crew for Mr Dragon's old band, both of which are fucking hard, physical work.

Not bad for nearly half a century on the planet, is it? When I actually qualified for paid holiday for the first time (not often, as you know, poor people and their contracts don't allow for it), I temped full time for the week instead.

Reactions: 30
What a crock of shit this article is: Jack Monroe on not shying away from online abuse
Says she deleted all social media apps. Doesnt say it was for about 45 seconds.
OMFG. on 26 June she was the fittest she's ever been, Madam says, and circa 30 June she's triggering her fans about her poor health. Right, I'm off to read a book. May the odds be ever in your favour.

PS: it's my reckoning the kitten is going to be okay, and that Madam will get it right for once, I'm almost sure. Here's my feline companions!

Attachments

Reactions: 37
What a crock of shit this article is: Jack Monroe on not shying away from online abuse
Says she deleted all social media apps. Doesnt say it was for about 45 seconds.
“In the first period of lockdown, I lost the equivalent of a year’s salary in the space of two days,” Jack explains.

Does she also have Monroe maths method? This doesn't make sense to me? She lost an entire year's salary that would have been booked up at festivals or whatever over the next 8 months but what about the salary she'd already accrued previously in the year? Did that not count towards it? And then what about the book etc. she knew was coming out and the relative sales?

I'm not great with maths so I don't know if I'm being thick but this makes no sense to me?

Reactions: 33
I still wear body shop perfume. And the body sprays you get in Aldi just now are very close copies of impulse ones.

Rimmel twighlight teaser was the in lipstick when I was around 14. Everyone was wearing it.
(Showing my age now).
I never identified as anything particularly when I was growing up. I wasn’t a goth and my style of make up wasn’t modelled on anyone in particular but I have to say that I do like black eye shadow and black nail varnish.

My eyeshadow colour of choice hasn’t really changed in decades either. Very much like lilac and purples

(Kind of obsessed with the colour purple. My bedroom is purple and my hall is lilac).

Yellow is the opppsite colour to purple on a colour chart and I’ve never liked the colour yellow.

Reactions: 17
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiit’s Jack Monroe hour of ‘It’s all about ME ME ME’, where she will write a ludicrously selfish and short-sightedly ignorant post about how nothing and no-one matters but HER.

Suggest a remedy, offer advice, give reasoned answers to her predicament. But, I warn you! Do so At Your Peril!
She will answer you if You are the Fucking Dickhead, not her!

And away we go!

Reactions: 25
Dragon, I would love to sit and enjoy a flagon with you and just listen to you talk

Reactions: 20
Adding Naf Naf jumpers to the list and Benetton drawstring bags, oh and if you were a girl of between the age of 11 and 14 at my high school and didn't own a pair of Kickers boat shoes you were basically a social pariah.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.