Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if her son is going to have the bedroom,I would have thought Jack would hold on to the sofabed. Unless she will be using bedroll and a sleeping bag.I

Is this performative declutter aimed at Harold?

Reactions: 49
Look at Ella/deliciously Ella’s place.

Reactions: 14
if her son is going to have the bedroom,I would have thought Jack would hold on to the sofabed. Unless she will be using bedroll and a sleeping bag.I

Is this performative declutter aimed at Harold?
I was just going to say this. It’s almost like she’ll be having the one bedroom all to herself.

Reactions: 28
I disagree, the account already has achieved something. It's swayed opinion of Jack like we've never seen before. Eyes are now on her that never were before. The strange cultists that are fanatical about her will never be turned, but many people have been, that is evident. Somebody needed to wake people up, and that's what AM has done.

Reactions: 94
I don't think a landlord would rent a one bed flat to an adult and 12 year old child (not to mention dog and cat).
Neither do I. There's things like landlord insurance that might limit the number of occupiers. I reckon she'll be renting from someone she knows who has an existing tenant who has given notice. Which is why she's going on about moving in 6 months.

Reactions: 30
How much is her rent again? £1500? I'm starting to think it's not a bad deal for the size of the house comparing it to places near me

Reactions: 53
Neither do I. There's things like landlord insurance that might limit the number of occupiers. I reckon she'll be renting from someone she knows who has an existing tenant who has given notice. Which is why she's going on about moving in 6 months.
Oh look how lucky I am, my friend has come to my rescue and is allowing me to rent their 3 bed detached flat with its own lounge, kitchen, bathroom (up stairs and down) and garden, with a driveway big enough for 3 cars for only £500 a month.

Reactions: 41
So true in her delusional Oliver Twist wattpad poverty fan fiction she believes this proves she’s poor. It just proves she has no idea. This is just a cute bit of cosplaying for her. She could afford a nice wee two bedroom for her and SB but that doesn’t sounds as shocking as her arthritic body having to sleep upon a sofa in the living room in her one bedroom flat. And again... why does she put in her food ...I’m scared

Reactions: 34
Apologies if this has already been said, but I think the AM teaser also laid out the possibility of Jack Monroe having behaved in a way that was actually criminally dishonest in its lack of accountability rather than stupidly disingenuous.

Reactions: 57
How much is her rent again? £1500? I'm starting to think it's not a bad deal for the size of the house comparing it to places near me
I am in a fairly nice area of Southend and a 3 bed semi is about £1500 a month to rent at the moment, she was very lucky to get that place in an almost exclusive area of Southend for nearly half the going rate (or is, and pleased don't be shocked dear reader, lying!)

Reactions: 49
I didn't say it achieved nothing, because the one viral thread did! My point is carrying on and playing with the incel types and other suspect twitter accounts detracts from that one viral thread. Anyway I've said my point and I suspect no one will agree and that's fine. Namaste. I get people want something big to happen but a blog post repeating stuff here doesn't feel like it.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.