Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm trying to find it. It's the one in her kitchen with another woman, a journalist I think. There's just so many 😂
Anyone help?
Oh, when she was on Radio 4 wearing SB's Queen t-shirt?

jack R4.jpg

I have no idea what Chesney looks like though, so possibly not!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Not to 🔺 but when I managed a homecare team in a deprived bit of the city centre we spent a great deal of time explaining to clients that accepting the help needed wouldn't leave them out of pocket as they would be entitled to attendance allowance which in most cases was slightly more than the means tested cost. In fact they often ended up being slightly better off as they were often eligible for pension credit and didn't realise they could apply. I sincerely hope no one has been put off seeking help by Jack's take on it

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Grunting from page 8 so send staminos but I had a Jackesque moment today.

Was listening to my choons when walking to the Post Office to send my Vinted bits and pieces (no hardcore pawn for me). When I pulled my phone out of my bag to get ready to pay, for whatever reason Spotify and Facebook had decided to have their eyes meet and, via the ‘share’ button, I was one tap away from letting everyone on my FB list know I was listening to a song that’s title translates to ‘Big Tits’.

Pissed myself laughing at the counter but for SO MANY REASONS couldn’t fully disclose why.

Point is - nothing published despite that being a two-click command, and my phone was unlocked as I walked half a mile. There is no way Jack’s phone performed the gymnastics she claimed it did.

Anyway, enjoy.

Oh bleeping hell this is absolute gold dust - the situation and your description 💀😂❤

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Im going through threads from two years ago where she said she was sober. Her behaviour at the moment is very similar to her behaviour then. If anything it’s worse now.
I’m not at all certain Jack is sober tbh
Catching up aagain so not sure where this will land but in my experience someone who 'attends' AA meetings and doesn't drink but isn't actively working the steps is often far worse than someone who just doesn't drink, or even is drinking. It depends if she is really an alcoholic. I recently went through a period when I was rather lax about working my program, my husband told me it worse than the end of my drinking for him. Which I realise sounds utterly bonkers to the majority of people but it was largely because he has had a decent period of time with me being sober and working a program.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Every time I see a background shot of her kitchen and the jars stuffed with dried pasta/cereal/pulses etc, I always think it’s amazing that she makes the twenty quid a week on groceries stretch so far.
8301DE02-1A4A-4C25-A0F9-3DE70E2E2249.jpeg

One might almost say it’s simply unbelievable.

WOOD NEEDS TO BE SEASONED, YOU RAGING TRUMPET.
So does cooking. That’s never stopped her though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Every time I see a background shot of her kitchen and the jars stuffed with dried pasta/cereal/pulses etc, I always think it’s amazing that she makes the twenty quid a week on groceries stretch so far.
View attachment 1506946

One might almost say it’s simply unbelievable.
What did she do with the quark?! Why is quark an essential item in a £20 shop?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I would quite like to have a pencil case with a picture of Jack throwing a pencil case on it.

I can’t though, because it never actually happened.

The opportunities for two sided Lights ON Lights OFF “mood totes” with lights ON/OFF quotes are abundant though
View attachment 1506921
View attachment 1506917View attachment 1506918
Could we expand the range?
A toaster with ‘Not a toaster’ on it.
A fridge freezer with “my other fridge freezers are Smegs”
A coffee mug with “I don’t drink coffee” on.
A T-shirt with “Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Jack from near three council estates.”
A bread knife with ‘for meat’ written on it

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Good evening nefarious asshats. Has Jack started mashing up the contents of our heads yet?

What a dangerous idiot she was earlier with the care payment tweet. Bloody fool. It's not a misleading letter at all. Those letters have been issued for years. BUT it can be scary when you receive one as obviously if you rely on the care, you scan through, see the two charges, and panic. We get these waved at us all the time in work (we support people in a specific group). A sit down and an explanation tailored to the service user puts their mind at rest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.