Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coming from the past again and I know a clever Frau will have beat me to it, but if Jack doesn’t have access to their patreon email account then surely they cannot fulfill their promised tiers (I know Jack doesn’t anyway) by emailing out codes etc. it’s ridiculous.
Or quietly, softly refund those she deems too poor to donate or subscribe (by using her magical database that she found in a puddle)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Very slightly off topic but what makes me so mad about her is that I support an actual author on Patreon and she’s having chemo at the moment. This is how she keeps her supporters updated. And if someone who writes gentle stories about woodland creatures and the Patreon tier rewards involve those creatures sending you cards/books/recipes can do this, in between rounds of chemo, surely fighty mouthy Jack Monroe could manage it in between flogging her diamonds?
8755E584-5545-4A2C-88D3-57068873049E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I've just arrived on the South Coast ready for a funeral tomorrow. Met up with my OH (I've still got one HE hasn't LEFT)

OH asked a minute ago "what's that Jack woman you follow on tattle been up to lately?"

I said "I don't know, I've had a couple of weeks off the drama. I'll have a look and find out."

15 THREADS IN 14 DAYS!!!!
What has the little pixie been up to? I can't read all that lot...too much grunking for anybody. I will make do with the thread recaps, at least for the time being. A bit rude to be catching up on tattle when I'm supposed to be making small talk with the family.
Welcome back. Sorry for your loss

I was beginning to think your absence was suspicious based on the last 14 threads (if you know you know)

I can’t really summarise other than the Elmo flames gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I think whatever the reason she posted the rings (self pity, digs at exes, humble brag - whatever) she is still massively missing the point that the tide is turning against her. She hasn't yet realised posts like that now make a lot of people angry and incredulous, or just make them laugh at her.
I did wonder if she'd had contact with one of the exes (specifically LJC in this scenario really) and the ring post was a personal dig at her.

She's done things before where she's seemed so desperate to post a dig or an in-joke to someone that she's seemingly entirely forgotten that everyone can see it and it doesn't make her look good. The hiding of JO's books, that hoover gif, there'll be others I'm forgetting.

Reactions: 34
I've just arrived on the South Coast ready for a funeral tomorrow. Met up with my OH (I've still got one he hasn't LEFT)

OH asked a minute ago "what's that Jack woman you follow on tattle been up to lately?"

I said "I don't know, I've had a couple of weeks off the drama. I'll have a look and find out."

15 THREADS IN 14 DAYS!!!!
What has the little pixie been up to? I can't read all that lot...too much grunking for anybody. I will make do with the thread recaps, at least for the time being. A bit rude to be catching up on tattle when I'm supposed to be making small talk with the family.
It’s a great way of taking your mind off other stuff though, so enjoy the thread recaps and hopefully tomorrow goes as well as it can.

Summary: she rinsed her hoops, sold her lightbulbs again, claimed to not have enough money for shower gel so was melting old soap bars with water (how RIDICULOUS does this sound?), went on a begging spree, cashed in big time, definitely didn’t get more Botox, found 3 diamond rings and sold them (AFTER selling her lightbulbs and receiving loadsa cash to her PayPal from the beg) and much tea was spilled about why OH scarpered. #TheDordrechtMysteries.
PS nothing changes!

PPS that will be a tenner and a can of (unrinsed) hoops please.

ETA Molly! I forgot about Molly! 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Very slightly off topic but what makes me so mad about her is that I support an actual author on Patreon and she’s having chemo at the moment. This is how she keeps her supporters updated. And if someone who writes gentle stories about woodland creatures and the Patreon tier rewards involve those creatures sending you cards/books/recipes can do this, in between rounds of chemo, surely fighty mouthy Jack Monroe could manage it in between flogging her diamonds? View attachment 1498451
I'm also a Patreon of hers and she definitely comes through - for me it's worth it just to have all her lovely little stories so nicely categorised. I really hope she's well soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It's been on my mind, with JM being an alcoholic. That's money aside from the £20 a week on food. I think she's been spending £15 maybe £20 on groceries etc when she has SB one, maybe 2 days a week. That's where she's pulling up the £20 a week nonsense from. When SB isn't with her she's been on the lash and scraping up meals from what she has to hand. That's JM maths.

Just to say, I'm not judging anyone with addictions but the money to pay for it isn't included in the weekly shop.

Reactions: 14
Very slightly off topic but what makes me so mad about her is that I support an actual author on Patreon and she’s having chemo at the moment. This is how she keeps her supporters updated. And if someone who writes gentle stories about woodland creatures and the Patreon tier rewards involve those creatures sending you cards/books/recipes can do this, in between rounds of chemo, surely fighty mouthy Jack Monroe could manage it in between flogging her diamonds? View attachment 1498451

And wrote a well researched and written book, turned up to interviews for it, didn't sniff her way through them or wail about how simply awful her life is...

It's why she has tiers on her patreon that JM would be simply fummin' over.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Honestly the absolute condescending tone of this. Mise en place is a fundamental part of prep in a restaurant. It isn't some jaunty bullshit like 'ooo let's line up a few herbs (yes I know they are all interchangeable) and pretend we are gordon ramsay'. It is an integral part of our process as chefs. It is taken extremely seriously. You cannot get halfway through service and then realise you have to chop a few bits and bobs and fillet a couple of fish and tra la la.

She would not last 5 mins at even the most low ranked position in a kitchen i.e. the pot washer.
@whereforartthoupumble I did not know you were a chef. May I ask you your professional opinion, which is that in your opinion, do Jacks recipes show or have ever shown any hint of culinary talent or insight or even knowledge?

This is a genuine question not a rhetorical one. I’m your typical basic witch who knows about six recipes from scratch and just sticks to what she knows so although all her recipes look disgusting to me, the fact that she’s had so many books published would seem to suggest that there must have been at least some hint of talent or originality in there somewhere? Or is it genuine pure cosplay gimic? I’d love to know your thoughts.

@MancBee so happy to have you back, I was wondering where you were during the ultrachaos of the last 10 days. Basically, the grift is being exposed and you’ve got a hooting n fizzing grunk ahead of you!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thank(space)you
How dare you trigger the poors by posting your privileged M&S beans. They can never hope to have a haricot legume (in restaurant parlance- to translate for the working class you can just call em beanz). Why can’t you be like Jack and just post about maize snacks and bollock sausages and allow them to dream of squashing their noses against the window of an M&S shop to get a whiff of a Percy Pig. I should know…
73774C4D-0810-4977-A3E6-A0B410187432.jpeg
To 🔺myself I once went to school with someone who said they had walked past a council estate once.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Ah so this will be the spin. 'I couldn't deliver my Patreon promises because I didn't have access to the login! It got lost when Caroline got a new job! All I could do was watch helplessly as your cash flowed into my account month after month! It's been hell.....'
That bloody Caroline, losing her hands, just bloody careless, what would Borb say?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.