Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The gazpacho recipe...she tells you to leave the pepper seeds and pith in. Says it's all going to be blended. In that liquid, they're likely too small to get blended (unless you have a ££ blender) is that not going to leave you with a bitty gazpacho?
When you're serving four people with a single can of tomatoes you can't afford to throw anything away 😞

• Haha
Reactions: 35
You've got your watery hoop juice to make it go further. #JackHack
Screenshot_20220814_181109.jpg

She couldn't quite bring herself to claim that one can of tomatoes and some cucumber is a full meal for four but she did still price it that way. Well played!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack thinks she's educating the poor whilst taking the piss. This is paupers cacio e pepe, or at least it's the closest you're going to get to it, meanwhile I'm off on another foreign trip. Ciao paupers.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Might be misunderstanding her bollocks reasoning for not responding to patreon supporters, but she shouldn’t need to access emails in order to message patrons if she can access patreon itself. There’s a messaging function within the platform and that’s generally how patrons will contact the person they’re supporting.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Just sitting on my lonesome reflecting on the rings debacle. She really has no idea about poverty, has she? I mean come on to duck! If you’ve got 3, potentially 4, hulking great diamond rings kicking about a drawer then why would you even consider selling your lightbulbs, or promoting yourself as the voice of the poor? This could be the biggest undoing yet I think. Why would you advertise this blatant contradiction? Unless she really is playing a game and seeing how far she can push things. It’s absolutely heartbreaking for those that are sitting with sweet duck all right now. *quietly raging*
I think everything she's done has been insensitive tbh....does she honestly think that people are going to be boiling down soap to make shower gel or that they even have to?...or that her recipes ( and I use the term loosely) are even palatable - they look absolutely horrendous - and all the the other crappy tips she's come up with.. also, if she's been on the poverty line as a single mum etc, why hasn't she applied for council/ social housing instead of renting a bungalow/ house ..it would certainly make her more credible in term of the poverty crap she spouts...as things stand, nothing she has done or is doing is on a par with people who are actually living through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The absolutely ridiculous thing about the rings tweet is that she didn't have to say/post anything in the first place. She could have quietly gotten rid of the rings (or not, whatever) and sat quietly counting her gains. Why on earth did she think posting *THAT* was a positive thing right now? I can't even begin to imagine what she expected the reaction to be. Genuinely speechless.
I think the prospect of getting a pass agg dig in at her exes momentarily outweighed logical and sequential thinking. She often falls into this trap, accidentally revealing multiple inconsistencies in her story in favour of getting ina quick jab at someone on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Dried kidney beans have to boil for 10 minutes to kill toxins. Nothing to do with the juice from the tins. She should know this

Edited to add and soak for 5 hours and chuck away the soaking water (for dried not tinned which are cooked). Jack, look things up.
yep!

but she’s a food writer and knows all…🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sorry for more bean chat but it's annoying me now. Jack's schtick is 90% rinsing thing improbably (and 10% grating spam) because she loves the reactions it gets from the baffled presenters on any show she does. It's part of her whole "I've been at the frontline experiencing this" thing that she can be like when you count every penny like I had to you notice that baked beans are cheaper than plain. But do you even get the same amount of beans in baked beans or does the sauce take up more room?

I briefly considered buying a tin of baked beans and haricot beans and counting them . Please send sanity-os'.
You could rinse them both and then weigh them. (Just giving you a brief there in case you’re depressed. Sadly no cashoes to send right now because I’ve used it all on a plumber to get congealed bean juice out the u bend. )

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Dried kidney beans have to boil for 10 minutes to kill toxins. Nothing to do with the juice from the tins. She should know this

Edited to add and soak for 5 hours and chuck away the soaking water (for dried not tinned which are cooked). Jack, look things up.
Even if you weren't 100% certain of this, surely logic would tell you that there would be millions of people world wide, dropping down dead from tinned kidney bean juice poisoning. And so you would Google to be sure. Now she's probably terrified some poor squiggs who haven't rinsed their beans properly. I thought she was The Queen of Tinned Food anyway.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
What is her obsession with rinsing things?

Not just food, but….

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I think the prospect of getting a pass agg dig in at her exes momentarily outweighed logical and sequential thinking. She often falls into this trap, accidentally revealing multiple inconsistencies in her story in favour of getting ina quick jab at someone on Twitter.
She may quote her critics as whatever she wants we aint sitting alone snarking at everyone about boiling soap ends to make shower gel or eating that shite she calls home cooking and i dont hear anybody on here giving the national grid cause for concern with their lightning situation. Yep, yep, yep!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.