Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stand people like this. The implication being it's all because she or sorry, THEY, are non binary for attention.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I've been trying to work out what's been going on by reading the last few posts.. it makes no sense whatsoever. I'll read all the recaps later when the family go to bed and hopefully there will be enough information to at least get a grasp of the situation.

I will do a grunk when I get home. I can't resist. Jack's still a scheming grifter though, I assume.

By the way, it's an aunt of my OH, and has had a lovely long life, so more about happy memories being talked about. I can't get over how beautiful the south coast is though. I've never been before.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
I've been trying to work out what's been going on by Reading the last few posts.. it makes no sense whatsoever. I'll read all the recaps later when the family go to bed and hopefully there will be enough information to at least get a grasp of the situation.

I will do a grunk when I get home. I can't resist. Jack's still a scheming grifter though, I assume.

By the way, it's an aunt of my OH, and has had a lovely long life, so more about happy memories being talked about. I can't get over how beautiful the south coast is though. I've never been before.
An anonymous tweeter appeared called Molly and she's spilling the tea on Jack.

Jack has started cooking again, prepare yourself for rinsed hoops and 15 minute slop!

(Lovely to see you again!)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh she's put a version of this on her timeline too #forensic

View attachment 1497949

More #zenJack

View attachment 1497955
Oh Jack, I imagine you are in a lot of people’s prayers.

I am in such a bad mood tonight. Normally I can think what’s at the root of it - most of the time it’s obvious but I was fine, having a great day and then boom, I’m FUMING. It’s not Jack that’s even put me in a bad mood but it grates my mushrooms that she sits all righteous in The crappy Bungalow doling out 12-Step advice when - imvho - she is not keeping her side of the street even remotely clean.

Can you imagine being someone who struggles with alcohol, and are toying with the idea of AA and then you see this Jackass lying, grifting, starting fights, being brazenly disingenuous, outing alcoholics on Twitter, being nasty and generally doing absolutely nothing productive with their life and wondering what kind of shitshow AA is.

There are a lot of things I would like to change about Jack but personally for me, AA Jack would be top of the list. It’s all one big game to her and she doesn’t care how damaging she is.

I’m going to go and take my face for a shite now I’ve got that off my chest.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I can't stand people like this. The implication being it's all because she or sorry, THEY, are non binary for attention.

Jack posted ‘a thing’ about the Joan of arc thing and of course that particular take is going to be full of GC views. Conveniently she did it after adding the trans flag back into the bio. I wish trans people would see that Jack is hurting them because she jumps on every identity going to play a victim. And this person’s post makes no sense, if someone said the sky was green and a load of GC accounts commented to point out it is blue would they be saying this?

Reactions: 50
@whereforartthoupumble I did not know you were a chef. May I ask you your professional opinion, which is that in your opinion, do Jacks recipes show or have ever shown any hint of culinary talent or insight or even knowledge?

This is a genuine question not a rhetorical one. I’m your typical basic witch who knows about six recipes from scratch and just sticks to what she knows so although all her recipes look disgusting to me, the fact that she’s had so many books published would seem to suggest that there must have been at least some hint of talent or originality in there somewhere? Or is it genuine pure cosplay gimic? I’d love to know your thoughts.

@MancBee so happy to have you back, I was wondering where you were during the ultrachaos of the last 10 days. Basically, the grift is being exposed and you’ve got a hooting n fizzing grunk ahead of you!
Hi Moldy (If I may be so brazen as to call you that), that is a very interesting question. Cooking is kind of in my family - my mum was a chef, she left school at 15 to go to catering college, I am a chef (classically trained, sold my car and other possessions to put myself through my qualifications), my brother runs a restaurant. So a lot of food knowledge.

To be fair to our smol raging warrior, whilst I'd say everything she is making here looks kind of experimental?, it is what it is. My first job after getting my qualifications was at a now 2 star resto in London (I ONLY peeled tomatoes for 2 weeks straight by the way, she could never) - in this context she would be laughed out of the room. But then so would 98% of the population. People need to feed themselves and I have no problem with that.

I think the two things for me is this. It is the insinuation here that 'the povs must eat slop' being delivered by someone who clearly isn't on the bread line. When I worked heavily in restaurants I lived on ciggies, water, what I tasted during the day (not much when you add it all up), adrenaline, a bowl or two of cornflakes every night and then on Sunday would go mad and have a massive roast with all the expensive meat and trimmings. So I think the problem I have is now every meal has to be sort of amazing and thereby dumbing down the cooking because you have to sort of consistently produce something.... does that make sense? Honestly there is nothing wrong with eating porridge all week then having a meal which takes all your cash on a weekend.

The second is fundamental; sweating your onion properly is the most important thing you do. The neglect of this in her recipes makes my teeth itch. Crunchy onion in a dish is a sackable offence.

Hope this all makes sense. Thankyou xx

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Jack adopts identities faster than I change my bed but the thing that really grates my mushrooms is the single mum one.
Hopefully more people are feeling able to call out her misinformation
Screenshot_20220814-203658_Twitter.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I've been trying to work out what's been going on by reading the last few posts.. it makes no sense whatsoever. I'll read all the recaps later when the family go to bed and hopefully there will be enough information to at least get a grasp of the situation.

Welcome back :)

Basically if you go on Twitter and look for Awfully Molly, that's the reason there's been a massive chaos - Jack is fire-fighting.

But honestly, the best thing to happen in the last 2 weeks was dear heart @Jay-cloth Cow discovering that one of her work colleague's friends knew OH's brother and getting her to spill ALL the tea. Read from here onwards: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-359-hoops-i-did-it-again.32498/post-11158613

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
Her whole life seens like groundhog day,

Wake up, snark, cook slop, snark some more, sleep, wake up, snark, make an unfunny comment or share too much.. snark rinse and repeat for what seems like ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

this does my head in. I am all for trans inclusion and am LGBT myself. That’s got nothing to do with my issue with the lies Jack spouts & the danger they put vulnerable people in. Begging them for their last tenner when she’s sitting on family money, a supportive co-parent & diamonds!? duck right off it’s a transphobic issue 😡😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Jack posted the begging blog to end all begging blog - she hasn't bought shampoo in two years, is writing job applications on a phone, is using solar lights instead of light bulbs...

Just after the blog arrived a new challenger appeared called Awfully Molly who posted a thread of Jack's contradictions which gained quite a lot of traction. She has posted on various topics and is seemingly contacting the fundraising regulator re teemill.

Her identity remains unclear - speculation she has meedja contacts.

Some squigs discovered rinsing hoops which made jack the laughing stock of many corners of twitter. She claimed it was sneery and re-posted the recipe in a spite laden blog. Jack's cooking is now the butt of many jokes.

As part of her heckin big declutter she posted pictures of her three engagement rings which lots of people have taken issue with given her begging blog.

Plus a lot of nonsense in between, but I think these are the key elements mostly refered to.

Oh and Tommy Lee posted his wang on Instagram.

Enjoy your grunk. You are in for a treat.

Glad you're able to reflect on good memories with the family and appreciate the beauty of the south coast.

ETA: I forgot there was some wonderful tea oh Harold - her deliciously ordinary shop worker was actually a well off city boy and there was some undisclosed chaos in Dordrecht

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Her whole life seens like groundhog day,

Wake up, snark, cook slop, snark some more, sleep, wake up, snark, make an unfunny comment or share too much.. snark rinse and repeat for what seems like ever.
Money well spent on all that private rehab last year :rolleyes:

Reactions: 25
THREE (should be five) DIAMOND RINGS
Four rusty spoons
Three sentient rugs
Two pumble tins
And a slow cooker of ranciiiiiiid sloooooooop

not long til Christmas fraus 😉
Looking forward to the canal Christmas carol service already 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My usual caveat of I know it’s all bull anyway (and it’s probably already been said)…

Jack herself said she was putting aside the money she used to spend on alcohol into a separate account. Jack also said she was on a bottle of spirits a day. So estimating about £10 a day. Even a few beers or wine would be around that more or less.

I know the sentiment of taking SB away is nice (we all know it won’t or can’t happen) but even so, why can’t the squigs see or understand that this person begging and pleading poverty is able to put £70 a week in to savings and saying so out loud on Twitter.

eta- sorry if this is insensitive as I haven’t been to aa or anything so I don’t know if they say to do this type of thing and I know that money spent on alcohol is a difficult subject

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I just can’t get over what she’s had done to her face. It’s not good. It makes me feel a bit sorry for her.
I agree. Someone posted a photo of her age 26 in the last thread and personally I thought she looked really pretty (in an androgynous way). It's a shame she wasn't satisfied with her own natural face.

Reactions: 27
Hi Moldy (If I may be so brazen as to call you that), that is a very interesting question. Cooking is kind of in my family - my mum was a chef, she left school at 15 to go to catering college, I am a chef (classically trained, sold my car and other possessions to put myself through my qualifications), my brother runs a restaurant. So a lot of food knowledge.

To be fair to our smol raging warrior, whilst I'd say everything she is making here looks kind of experimental?, it is what it is. My first job after getting my qualifications was at a now 2 star resto in London (I ONLY peeled tomatoes for 2 weeks straight by the way, she could never) - in this context she would be laughed out of the room. But then so would 98% of the population. People need to feed themselves and I have no problem with that.

I think the two things for me is this. It is the insinuation here that 'the povs must eat slop' being delivered by someone who clearly isn't on the bread line. When I worked heavily in restaurants I lived on ciggies, water, what I tasted during the day (not much when you add it all up), adrenaline, a bowl or two of cornflakes every night and then on Sunday would go mad and have a massive roast with all the expensive meat and trimmings. So I think the problem I have is now every meal has to be sort of amazing and thereby dumbing down the cooking because you have to sort of consistently produce something.... does that make sense? Honestly there is nothing wrong with eating porridge all week then having a meal which takes all your cash on a weekend.

The second is fundamental; sweating your onion properly is the most important thing you do. The neglect of this in her recipes makes my teeth itch. Crunchy onion in a dish is a sackable offence.

Hope this all makes sense. Thankyou xx
Thank you! Agreed about the onion and the weird thing is that on her earlier cookbooks she talks about how to do it, but now she doesn’t - her cooking has literally gone backwards.

Also yes a few fraus have talked about the experimental thing and it’s so antithetical to what she claims to stand for, when you’re on a budget you can’t afford for the experiment to fail.

I also agree that it’s fine to eat pretty basic or samey for a few days and then have a blowout or do something interesting at the weekend, in fact that’s what I do, not so much for budgetary reasons as just convenience. I think most people do this. It’s only Jack who seems to think that every meal has to be a strange and wondrously arcane experience like some kind of gastronomic acid trip.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.