Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This whole mess of no help announced now was so inevitable with the leadership debacle. Where was jack demanding it shouldn't be this long process and resolved asap?

No where I assume as she adores the mess, the attention it gets her and ultimately keeps the cash rolling in.

It's easy now repeating what a mess it is, but saying the bleeding obvious isn't helping anyone.

Reactions: 35
I don’t think she’s signposting anywhere. I think she’s being a right Jobs Comforter and agreeing with them, saying how terrible it all is, or more realistically, ignoring them.
If Jack truly wanted to help people, and I mean truly wanted to help people but found the DM’s overwhelming or too frequent to give her full attention to, she could simply:
• Remove the self promotion from her pinned tweet • Replace it with a screenshot showing links to gov.uk site where DWP information is
• Link to information for help with fuel costs
• Link to her beloved Trussell Trust for foodbanks
• Link to any charity offering support with school uniforms and a simple ‘if you search for XXX you’ll perhaps find something similar which is more local to you’
I agree. The issue around rising energy costs and running vital equipment at home has been in the news for quite some time. It's not a new thing that Jack has thought about. She should have had a pinned tweet long before now.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
My (half Spanish 🔺) OH makes fabulous gazpacho. With the gazpacho chat earlier thought I'd share his recipe.

6 large tomatoes
1 pepper (red or green whichever you like better)
2 cucumbers.
chop into smallish pieces
Add:
One shot glass of olive oil
One shot glass of vinegar
Salt
Throw in blender.
Done
This reminds me of how, as a young vegetarian student, I mixed up gazpacho and carpaccio, when I was offered the former (having grown up with neither and the Dutch pronunciation of both probably didn't help 🤣).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She is horrible isn't she? Lovingly dwelling on people with dialysis machines too scared to turn them on.
I seriously wonder where her head is at sometimes.
Yeah. Like @Limey said it’s totally immoral and also highly inadvisable to mine other peoples lives for physical body shock gruesome anecdotes but she does it constantly. I was (partially) joking in my earlier post about her having an anal-expulsion fixation but honestly there is something sinisterly fetishistic about the way she dwells on these things. I’m thinking also about theacid in vagina tweet. I’m not saying she’s actually got some kind ofgross bodyshock fetish but she does seem to take pleasure in it all. I’m going to attribute it to a big play for attention and leave it at that. But the fact that she seems to see nothing wrong with it (did she get peoples permission before using these stories and presenting them in this terrible way?) is immensely troubling to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She is horrible isn't she? Lovingly dwelling on people with dialysis machines too scared to turn them on.
I seriously wonder where her head is at sometimes.
There is help and support with this type of thing. There's no need for her to be scaremongering like this. It's not helpful in any way. It's a horrible thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
People dying in ways she thinks proves one of her tedious points excites her. She feeds off human misery.

Apparently disabled people who are worried about dying are phoning Jack hourly, rather than properly qualified advisers who could actually help.
How do all of these people get her number? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I agree. The issue around rising energy costs and running vital equipment at home has been in the news for quite some time. It's not a new thing that Jack has thought about. She should have had a pinned tweet long before now.
Helping people with reliable good advice does nothing for her own self-promotion. Everyone who finds a useful link on her blog or Twitter and clicks on it, is abandoning her to go somewhere else online. How does that help the craving to be the centre of attention? When they’ve gone to another site, how will they hear the soft gentle rattle of the jar?

Sane thing with her pish recipes. If they worked, people wouldn’t need to keep coming back for more. When they don’t work 99% of the time, most people won’t think it’s because the recipe is untested made-up garbage. They will think ‘can’t be Jack, she’s FAMOUS for her great thrifty cooking. It must be me, I’m just tit at cooking. I’ll have to try a different one…’ [click click]

• Sad
Reactions: 42
No more do they need to pick at the carcass
Cos they've found Full Time Meals with Tom and Marcus

• Haha
Reactions: 36
OK I’m sorry but it’s so odd how many people are under the illusion that gazpacho requires cooking. I once heard someone boast that they used tinned tomatoes in their “easy” gazpacho to “cut down on cooking time”. I can almost forgive the average British person for being confused by chucking 5 raw ingredients into a blender then adding olive oil and seasoning it all - we’re not renowned for our cuisine, after all - but Jack is meant to be a FOOD EXPERT. I DESPAIR.
I was looking up gazpacho recipes earlier and one I found says to peel the tomatoes by putting them in boiling water, using tinned would remove that step. Or you could just go "life is too short to peel tomatoes" and blend it for a tiny bit longer.

Reactions: 13
I sad this before but rewatching her on DKL, she tells a viewer to email her. Not the programme (which has the Twitter and email address constantly scrolling across the bottom of the screen) but her personally.

She is absolutely incapable of doing anything other than raising her own brand awareness. It’s all about her.

• Wow
Reactions: 54
Still one thread behind but saw mention of Eddie Izzard linked with being an MP. I saw him in Malaga city centre last week in a tight skirt and heels stumbling pissed all over the pavement talking to himself. Absolute mess.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Something must have happened in January this year as her patreon numbers shot up and have been rising since. What happened in January?
IMG_20220814_122954.jpg

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.