Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder where Jack is signposting these people?
Signposting is exactly what you'd expect her twitter to be full of at times like this.

Why should people have to message Jack personally and spill personal info to get these details? Top campaigning there.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Pity the poor kids in my town, we use plastic travel cards. Jack's povs with their paper tickets? Luxury.
Same here, I shall now launch a petition demanding a return to the paper bus tickets. It will be called the Jack Shoe Crack Filling Appeal.

Teeshirts will be of course available on Teemill.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Anazing that a professional know-it-all like her doesn’t know you can make your own microwave warming pads with everyday stuff.

Wouldn’t sharing tips like these be better for helping genuinely hard-up people? She could have told the amusing sob story of her cold, cold bed AND given others some real, practical advice. But why do that when it’s more fun to pretend you had to heat your bed by the least practical method ever dreamed up.
Sorry, am trying to think about this logically and practically, like how would I try and help someone who is in a cold house and can't afford heat.

Not attempting some kind of Dickensian cosplay where I pretend to live off gruel, and can't afford to go to ASDA and drop £3 on a HWB to keep my kid warm.

Reactions: 25
She is horrible isn't she? Lovingly dwelling on people with dialysis machines too scared to turn them on.
I seriously wonder where her head is at sometimes.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Same here, I shall know launch a petition demanding a return to the paper bus tickets. It will be called the Jack Shoe Crack Filling Appeal.

Teeshirts will be of course available on Teemill.
Jack would like that because it would become the first thing that turns up on a Google search of “Jack crack”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Signposting is exactly what you'd expect her twitter to be full of at times like this.

Why should people have to message Jack personally and spill personal info to get these details? Top campaigning there.
Exactly. Easy to do too. Instead of whinging on and dropping so called zingers.

Reactions: 18

If it happens at all (remember this is Jack) then she's just harvesting stories she might be able to reuse in her ever expanding poverty saga. However, even if Jack was clued up, it's not a good or sustainable situation. I've been out of frontline advice work of that kind for years but with my old knowledge and experience and a bit of training I could quickly get myself back up to date. What I could not do is run some sort of one woman advice line from my home. Where would I get time to do follow up work, write on behalf of people who can't, assist people with speech or hearing problems using a basic mobile, provide advice to people with little to no English? If she decided to do one Tweet a day signposting people to real help, she'd do more good than she has in her entire career. Of course she can't because in her mind she's the only one doing anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
If it happens at all (remember this is Jack) then she's just harvesting stories she might be able to reuse in her ever expanding poverty saga. However, even if Jack was clued up, it's not a good or sustainable situation. I've been out of frontline advice work of that kind for years but with my old knowledge and experience and a bit of training I cpuld quickly get myself back up to date. What I could not do is run some sort of one woman advice line from my home. Where would I get time to do follow up work, write on behalf of people who can't, assist people with speech or hearing problems using a basic mobile, provide advice to people with little to no English? If she decided to do one Tweet a day signposting people to real help, she'd do more good than she has in her entire career. Of course she can't because in her mind she's the only one doing anything.
She's not interested in helping, she's only interested in the fame she thinks she deserves. It's sad for her that this is what her life is, but these are her choices. It's all unravelling and very tough times are coming. I do wonder what will become of her, because the downfall isn't going to be pretty.

I understand the types of things you will have seen in your previous job (I am a school leader, only ever worked in deprived areas), however what we don't do is use these stories for some sort of shock value entertainment, we use our values and decency to find ways of helping others. She has absolutely no moral compass at all - using stories of other people's deaths so that she can get on the radio/telly and offer no practical solutions is a disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
An why is the bus ticket being crumpled a specific sign of poverty? Do people who aren’t poor keep their tickets in pristine condition but the poor habitually crumple theirs? Also rickets is rare in the UK, and when it does occur it’s not usually because of dietary deficiency due to poverty but because of other health problems or dark skin tones which aren’t able to absorb as much sunlight as lighter skin tones. Like so many things to do with Jack, the more you think about it the less sense it makes.
A lot of people probably over use sunblock as well, especially on their kids. We do need some sunlight on our skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
This sounds dreadful but I think Jack is influencing me to get a bit of the Botox myself. Perhaps she should consider a side step into the beauty world (what with her 77 lipsticks and all) 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder where Jack is signposting these people?
I don’t think she’s signposting anywhere. I think she’s being a right Jobs Comforter and agreeing with them, saying how terrible it all is, or more realistically, ignoring them.
If Jack truly wanted to help people, and I mean truly wanted to help people but found the DM’s overwhelming or too frequent to give her full attention to, she could simply:
• Remove the self promotion from her pinned tweet
• Replace it with a screenshot showing links to gov.uk site where DWP information is
• Link to information for help with fuel costs
• Link to her beloved Trussell Trust for foodbanks
• Link to any charity offering support with school uniforms and a simple ‘if you search for XXX you’ll perhaps find something similar which is more local to you’

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.