Jack Monroe #361 The only person thats suffered has been, uh, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there an opposite to imposter syndrome and if so I think she has it. I recall in a previous thread she was quoted saying, think it was following the London Bridge attack and she was living with LJC, “ we both went to work”. Now I can easily imagine the head of a national news organisation immediately having a duck load of stuff to do. What on earth was JM imagining she had to do? I’m incredulous that LJC allowed her to carryon with that total nonsense. She must have known that JM was just twatting about on twitter trying to insert herself into the drama so that she could have some bragging rights at teatime.

Being a Beanjuice Boris.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Sponsors are only as effective as their sponsee allows them to be tbh. The sponsor is just a guide, it’s on the sponsee to do the work.

She strikes me as the type to cycle thru sponsors once the initial dopamine hit wears off and the sponsor starts dropping some truth bombs and / or lays down boundaries and ground rules.

Personally I’m more interested in why her publisher seems not only to enable but to actively encourage her tit. Why? Is it good for sales? I guess it must be
I'm all most sure she has referenced 3 sponsors, it is after all the magic number. Though Me, Myself and I would be the more appropriate De La Soul track

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Subtle bit of shade in this article in the Times today about the Don’t Pay campaign?

The article name checks a few of the campaign’s online supporters. Who gets a nod, and who gets sweet FA…?

379A35E4-666C-4FE8-B20E-A9003B147B92.jpeg

Aww, so close!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
British Gas haven’t accepted standing orders since at least 2014.

You’d think an expert in such matters would know this.

They’ve told people this numerous times over the years on Twitter. Only today did it become an “issue”.
She’s so stupid she is *literally* a weapon that is going to hurt people.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Firstly, I have misread previous posts and thought Tommy Lee Jones had posted his wang and confused (relieved? disappointed?) when I realised it what the other one.

Anyway, I am so glad I found this page. I knew Jack back when she was Melissa. We went to same school, although I was a couple of years below, but knew her from extra curricular activities ha. I was surprised when she became 'famous' but kinda proud of the work she was doing and issues she was highlighting, especially as I saw her when quite poorly with her mental health (about 15yrs ago) and always wondered how things worked out for her.

In my work I have seen how easy it is for people to slip into poverty, and how difficult the system is to navigate and it was refreshing to see someone address this. But the more I read about her 'story', given what I knew of her, the more my eyebrow raised (I've not had Botox). Seeing the twitter masses fawn over her made me have to unfollow but I can't ever criticise publicly because it seems petty.

I think there's always a grain of truth in what she says but she definitely lives in fantasy land. I sadly suspect she's not very well again at the moment, so don't like when I see people actively be mean to her but my god do I wish she would take a twitter break!!!
Is there a grain of truth in her tale of getting expelled for stealing a scalpel?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I just remembered!!!

I read ozzy Osborne biography many years ago and he said one time when he toured he toured motley crew and he went to speak to tommy ( probably drugs and or drink, cant remember now) and he was getting head from a groupie whilst hecwas sitting in a room with other people.

On topic no sloppy seconds from the pixie then? Shucks!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Who could have guessed that after promising a 'recipe per day' that Jack would stop producing them after Day 1

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Yes-does anyone remember there was a rude Judy Bloome book doing the rounds (probably late 80s)-I couldn’t get a copy but the boy called his dick ‘Ralph’ if the rumours were true & my memory is right.
Ralf is a wang.
It was called Forever. I felt very daring borrowing it from the library and half expected it to be in the locked cabinet along with the Karma Sutra and a book by Alistair Crawley. It's actually a very realistic account of how sex changes relationships as a teenager

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
She's had a stressful day of all of ten minutes of actual work. She got herself a takeaway.
Maybe she's going for a Friday night fakeway type recipe first thing tomorrow morning?

Or maybe she's creating the illusion that she thought of one pan meals in the lead up to That Man's book release and TV series in order to start a squigg spite chaos?

In case of any doubt JO's book has already been printed, is available to preorder and the TV series has been made or is, at least, in progress.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yeah I think she did steal one and the school were pretty harsh on discipline, so she would have been told off, but my understanding is it was the last term of year (GCSEs time) so no point expelling her. She will have been told not to come back for A Levels

Is there a grain of truth in her tale of getting expelled for stealing a scalpel?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I know we had our vote and it's a laugh about Jack just not doing her recipe.

But how disgraceful is her disregard for others in not producing one, after just a day? If even one parent has been sat refreshing her feed since 3pm to see what her recipe for a budget dinner tonight might be - then that is shameful.

How dare she pretend to care.
Has she ever followed through on anything she says she will do? I honestly don’t understand how anyone thinks she does anything because she never completes anything. She’s a lazy, entitled, disrespectful, Henson faced, goblin.

I have not had any interest in wangs for a long time so not sure why I had a look. The only thought that really came to mind was UTI.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Didn't botox originally come from sausages with botulism? For all you ninnies know, Jack makes her own botox, how dare you accuse her of PAYING for something

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Has she ever followed through on anything she says she will do? I honestly don’t understand how anyone thinks she does anything because she never completes anything. She’s a lazy, entitled, disrespectful, Henson faced, goblin.

I have not had any interest in wangs for a long time so not sure why I had a look. The only thought that really came to mind was UTI.
The 😂 is for your spoiler 😂.

Didn't botox originally come from sausages with botulism? For all you ninnies know, Jack makes her own botox, how dare you accuse her of PAYING for something
Christ. Don't give her ideas. She'll create her own MLM and become a Boss Babe.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Subtle bit of shade in this article in the Times today about the Don’t Pay campaign?

The article name checks a few of the campaign’s online supporters. Who gets a nod, and who gets sweet FA…?

View attachment 1491678

Aww, so close!

Bearing in mind where Palace are based, I wonder if Parrish is going to do anything to help the thousands of people in Thornton Heath/Selhurst/South Norwood if they follow such stupid ideas? Leave the floodlights on all night so their kids can do their homework over winter? Pay Sainsburys to give out sandwiches when they can't put the cooker on because they've been switched to a prepayment meter and run out of credit within half an hour? Feed their kids when they can't afford food as well as the debt repayments or the energy companies obtain a third party/last resort deduction?

Actions have consequences. And this sort of shite results in horrendous consequences for the poorest whilst the wealthy and middle classes all witter on about how they're soooo radical, safe in the knowledge that they won't see any reduction in income as a result of blobbing the bills.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.