Jack Monroe #361 The only person thats suffered has been, uh, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol she's all over the comments on that tweet now šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m so embarrassed for her. Itā€™s like she doesnā€™t think anyone sees the utter shite she tweets! She works 33 hours a day but clearly has time to search for herself as she wasnā€™t tagged in that tweet!

Mortified.

Oh and Jack, I think she was being polite when she called you emotional.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
New recipe is up.

Bitterness, Bile and Vitriol Stew (serves 10)

Ingredients
450g of botox
750ml of bullshit
4 peas
3 carrot chunks
Prunes

Method
Boil for 20 hours

Sprinkle with a large dose of self importance and a pinch of delusion - voilĆ !

View attachment 1491470
I wasnā€™t sure whether to vom or laugh react to this. Laugh won but it was a very fine line and Iā€™m now veering towards vom.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just a reminder she said this yesterday. Honestly it is pathetic how unable she is to fulfil the most basic of briefs.
She did only say she would try to do it so maybe sheā€™ll post tomorrow

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Is there an opposite to imposter syndrome and if so I think she has it. I recall in a previous thread she was quoted saying, think it was following the London Bridge attack and she was living with LJC, ā€œ we both went to workā€. Now I can easily imagine the head of a national news organisation immediately having a duck load of stuff to do. What on earth was JM imagining she had to do? Iā€™m incredulous that LJC allowed her to carryon with that total nonsense. She must have known that JM was just twatting about on twitter trying to insert herself into the drama so that she could have some bragging rights at teatime.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
Is there an opposite to imposter syndrome and if so I think she has it. I recall in a previous thread she was quoted saying, think it was following the London Bridge attack and she was living with LJC, ā€œ we both went to workā€. Now I can easily imagine the head of a national news organisation immediately having a duck load of stuff to do. What on earth was JM imagining she had to do? Iā€™m incredulous that LJC allowed her to carryon with that total nonsense. She must have known that JM was just twatting about on twitter trying to insert herself into the drama so that she could have some bragging rights at teatime.
Delusions of grandeur.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Dunning-Kruger effect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Came across this on Reddit
My mum still uses a Victorian, mechanical shopping list.

View attachment 1491596

Already more useful than any of Jack's lists (HOW ARE HER PERFORMATIVE STOCK TAKES AND SHOPPING LISTS USEFUL). But if it was tweaked to have green for have, red for want, white for don't have/don't need......I would love something like this.
That's so beautiful!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Leslie Ash ruined her face but at least her eyes aren't dead...... JM has the eyes of a person with a crowbar behind their back waiting for their chance....
I have always thought there is a passing resemblance between JM and a young Myra Hindley

Itā€™s definitely the eyes.

TBF I once had a disastrous haircut that made me look like Rose West

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I missed the wang on account of being struck down by a migraine today.

What I havenā€™t missed is Jack being defensive and prickly on Twitter again. How does she find the energy to be so relentlessly awful to people?
#thread title How does she find the energy to be so relentlessly awful to people?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Iā€™m telling you, pre-internet, this one would be that random one of your mates gets with who starts telling them theyā€™re in MI5/the SAS but they canā€™t talk about it, get a job, pay for anything or account for their whereabouts if they go out. Then, far too many months later they split up because turns out it was allllll lies, who knew!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Is anyone else really liking the word wang or is it just me? I usually use it when someoneā€™s going on too long (I.e Jack is forever wanging on about being poor) but today itā€™s taken on a new lease of life.
I do enjoy wangšŸ˜œ and it sounds nice when you say it.
As for Tommy Lee and his desperate ā€œoooooops!ā€ post, itā€™s just a bit cringe, like Madonna flashing her arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Opinion ā€¦. Iā€™ve just watched the BBC spot, interesting, eyes darting off to read cue cards, which shows a little preparation. She looks out of her comfort zone and Iā€™m surprised she didnā€™t add a ā€˜hunā€™ at the end of the Facebook post sheā€™s dutifully hand written onto big revision cards.
The tweakments are obvious, the eyelash extensions, fillers, botox and teeth whitening. Each to their own, I think you reap what you sow with aesthetics and it can definitely become something of an addiction like tattoos.
The lack of self awareness though of going on to television to speak about poverty and privilege when your lip fillers are so fresh they mean you ā€˜Literallyā€™ struggle to form words.
The lack of self awareness after posting a blog where itā€™s claimed you canā€™t afford shampoo and hot water while fresh aesthetics and Tiffany earrings are on full display.
Sell the Tiffany Earring, the haunted engagement rings, The Emin, Some of your plates, thereā€™s enough to sharpie sign a plate each and post to the people who believe you are of some value.
I donā€™t see any value, even if you appear on tv for no fee it isnā€™t value if the information given is wrong. Know your limits. Your limits are fantasy writing.
The posts of her recently in her with a spray tan and the eyes of someone whoā€™s hammock is no stranger to Blim burns compound the whole farce.
Not even TLā€™s mighty Dong can compete in her Twitter quest to be worlds biggest and nastiest penis.

Sorry about the grammar, itā€™s late, Iā€™ve done 605 hours today and still have to open the pathetic wailing DMs from faux poor people who have to eat their tropical fish fried with black pudding and condensed milk.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I'm never going to catch up but it's so worth the time to ensure I don't miss a single chaos, you're keeping me going in this heat!

The recipe memes reminded me of whatever the hell it was she did to that tea and hot chocolate sachet in Edinburgh but whilst looking for that I found this which is, imo, far superior.

Eight years ago she posted this. Eight. Years.
She is never going to change.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Just a thought, that if she is doing her steps, then why does she come across as a dry drunk. (Look it up its revelation)
Why isn't her sponsor looking out for her, as she posts all this nonsense and retaliates on another medium ie BBC Breakfast? First rule of AA Jack
Do not boast. Be humble and shut up.
She has to find the way herself. Sheā€™s previously mentioned a sponsor but Iā€™m not sure if she has one at the moment. But can you imagine trying to guide Jack Monroe? Thereā€™s only so much a sponsor can do, the tough parts have to come from her. You can take a horse to waterā€¦

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Since dear heart @Nottonightbabe asked how many recipes in the new book are recycled, I did some forensic Big Maths over a year ago and estimated that at least 16% of the 177 recipes on her post-it note wall were re-used from previous books, blogs or unethical partnerships with human rights violators Del Monte (serves zero). That means 16% of her work was already done and yet she's still titting about nearly 14 months later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Iā€™m telling you, pre-internet, this one would be that random one of your mates gets with who starts telling them theyā€™re in MI5/the SAS but they canā€™t talk about it, get a job, pay for anything or account for their whereabouts if they go out. Then, far too many months later they split up because turns out it was allllll lies, who knew!?
I worked with someone like this. Amongst other completely ridiculous and awful claims (such his Mum had died, then miraculously she was alive but had cancer) was the one where he had been headhunted by the prison service. Skipped the entire selection and interview process, just went for an informal chat šŸ™„. Where they gave him a uniform and told him to keep it, 'hang it on the back of the bedroom door' and contact them when he was ready.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.