Jack Monroe #361 The only person thats suffered has been, uh, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's actually not too bad there. I would even try that recipe (not convinced by rhubarb but strongly tempted by ginger). How has she managed to get worse in the course of her career?
She's in Leggy's kitchen there. 'Nuff said.

Reactions: 27
That's it exactly. And they don't move the way they are supposed to when she's talking. Sort of like Janice Dickinson.

Ignore the twit at the beginning of the video and go directly to 1:25 onwards to see what I'm referring to. :oops:

Oh wow, is this why Kathleen Zellner talks like that (steven avery’s lawyer)? I’m clueless on this, I kind of thought kathleen had perhaps had a stroke.

Reactions: 11
I know we had our vote and it's a laugh about Jack just not doing her recipe.

But how disgraceful is her disregard for others in not producing one, after just a day? If even one parent has been sat refreshing her feed since 3pm to see what her recipe for a budget dinner tonight might be - then that is shameful.

How dare she pretend to care.
I know. Even if she'd tweeted that she was BUSY today and wouldn't be able to post a recipe that's fine. We would've had a laugh and poked fine. But she says herself, she is helping the most vulnerable of our society. It's appalling behaviour.

AND that tweet 'sobriety has done wonders for my skin, you should try it' is disgusting. And all her squiggs tweeting 'BURN' and 'drop the mic' are a bunch of nasty wankers too.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
I'm out in celery town and have just gone past princes street gardens. A man is singing at the bandstand. It is Tom Jones. Where is that Gif?

Sex Jack sex Jack, two weeks earlier to Edinburgh and you might have met Tom

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Firstly, I have misread previous posts and thought Tommy Lee Jones had posted his wang and confused (relieved? disappointed?) when I realised it what the other one.

Anyway, I am so glad I found this page. I knew Jack back when she was Melissa. We went to same school, although I was a couple of years below, but knew her from extra curricular activities ha. I was surprised when she became 'famous' but kinda proud of the work she was doing and issues she was highlighting, especially as I saw her when quite poorly with her mental health (about 15yrs ago) and always wondered how things worked out for her.

In my work I have seen how easy it is for people to slip into poverty, and how difficult the system is to navigate and it was refreshing to see someone address this. But the more I read about her 'story', given what I knew of her, the more my eyebrow raised (I've not had Botox). Seeing the twitter masses fawn over her made me have to unfollow but I can't ever criticise publicly because it seems petty.

I think there's always a grain of truth in what she says but she definitely lives in fantasy land. I sadly suspect she's not very well again at the moment, so don't like when I see people actively be mean to her but my god do I wish she would take a twitter break!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
She's spent more time engaging in spats about her media appearance than doing her supposed job which is posting low cost recipes.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I know. Even if she'd tweeted that she was BUSY today and wouldn't be able to post a recipe that's fine. We would've had a laugh and poked fine. But she says herself, she is helping the most vulnerable of our society. It's appalling behaviour.

AND that tweet 'sobriety has done wonders for my skin, you should try it' is disgusting. And all her squiggs tweeting 'BURN' and 'drop the mic' are a bunch of nasty wankers too.
How is it a burn. The woman was comenting on a fact and she said apparently not drinking does it. Problem was her skin has always been ok, she looks wonky now.

Reactions: 19
How is it a burn. The woman was comenting on a fact and she said apparently not drinking does it. Problem was her skin has always been ok, she looks wonky now.
They were replying 'burn' to Jack's reply. They do it a lot, I've noticed.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There’s still two and a half hours for Jack to come up with her recipe of the day. I predict she’ll post it at 11:30pm, which is of course a perfect time to be making tea for your family. She’ll then spend the next four hours furiously defending said inedible slop against those who dare to question her.

Reactions: 33
Ralf Tiddler can get to duck. Retweeting Jack is helping absolutely no one except her you massive bellpiece.
Yes-does anyone remember there was a rude Judy Bloome book doing the rounds (probably late 80s)-I couldn’t get a copy but the boy called his dick ‘Ralph’ if the rumours were true & my memory is right.
Ralf is a wang.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Yes-does anyone remember there was a rude Judy Bloome book doing the rounds (probably late 80s)-I couldn’t get a copy but the boy called his dick ‘Ralph’ if the rumours were true & my memory is right.
Ralf is a wang.
Forever! Was passed round and round in school.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just watched the BBC thing. Never mind the botox, what on earth is going on with her mouth? It almost has a life of its own.

*STATING THE OBVIOUS KLAXON*

Something is definitely not right here. I thought Shampoogate was bad but this is another level. I don’t know if it’s drink or drugs (prescribed or otherwise) but she can hardly keep her eyes open, she can’t look straight into the camera, she’s slurring and her whole affect is off.

Aside from all that, there’s no passion about her. I find Martin Lewis a bit of a twit but he obviously cares about finding ways to help people. Jack always looks like she’s in a hostage video. Nothing at all like the rude, nasty Twitter persona she holds so dear.

There’s a school of thought in AA of old that when it says stay clear of all mind-altering substances, that includes anti-depressants. The first time I heard an old timer say that was at a meeting in a psychiatric hospital! But my view is that there’s a lot more to recovery than the last time alcohol past your lips. It’s preposterous (again my view) to avoid medications if you need them and they are legitimately prescribed by a doctor. But there’s something very wrong here. She has to find it in herself to take a harsh look at herself and exactly what is going on and keep looking and changing until she can work the 12 Steps honestly. Until then, she’ll keep repeating the same behaviours, looking for a different outcome.

And shame on the BBC for enabling her.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
I think she doesn't care whether her food looks disgusting because of her target audience. Things she has said previously seem to show she has a very misguided view about people who don't have much money, and photos of inedible bowls of slop would fit into that narrative.

Reactions: 34
Just a reminder she said this yesterday. Honestly it is pathetic how unable she is to fulfil the most basic of briefs.
Note the word ‘try’

She tried to do that today but she wasn’t able. Always with the get out. She’s a slippery grifter

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Came across this on Reddit
My mum still uses a Victorian, mechanical shopping list.

bptjfnjrz3h91.jpg

Already more useful than any of Jack's lists (HOW ARE HER PERFORMATIVE STOCK TAKES AND SHOPPING LISTS USEFUL). But if it was tweaked to have green for have, red for want, white for don't have/don't need......I would love something like this.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.