Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aaaah i finally reached the end of the longest grunk in the world and now I don't want to post because we're on page 55.
What an epic thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I once ate chickpeas and marmite for 4 days. Yes nothing else, and I was 7 months pregnant. I had lent some money to a friend who was waiting for her money. I got treated to a lovely lunch. That was a long long time ago. Maybe I should write a cook book.
Living on Gas and A Dollop of Marmite.
Has the lady got shares in stock cubes or something? You must excuse my newness, as not very techy minded (although managed to upload avatar.) So hope am doing the right thing, as sometimes would like to reply to people but not sure how that works.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I wonder if Jack will comment on the passing of a famous pastry chef, Nicholas Lodge. He was Essex born, made many royal cakes and even worked in Atlanta Georgia for a time. Unlike Jack, he seems to have been a lovely person and well respected.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That would never be a nursing home, no one would be able to get out of those chairs unaided
And need to have packs up to the ceiling of incontinence pads instead of wardrobe broom handles and clothes cos prunes innit....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Since Jack makes such a fuss of her intricate filing system and hundreds of arch lever binders, I've been wondering why she always has to "dig out" recipes/info. Surely the filing system should mean anything can be easily located?
Just think if the we’re on her computer……..

Reactions: 7
I wonder if Jack will comment on the passing of a famous pastry chef, Nicholas Lodge. He was Essex born, made many royal cakes and even worked in Atlanta Georgia for a time. Unlike Jack, he seems to have been a lovely person and well respected.
I'd hope she'd want to lift him up as a chef who was such a great friend to the people of Eastern Europe.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Yes. Though it is utterly wierd for a relative stranger to fall asleep on their sofa they must've been incredibly relieved when she did.
Reminds me of the time when I was 16, pretended to fall asleep in boyfriends parents living room to avoid his advances as he was hinting we go upstairs. I was petrified and oh so innocent! "Woke up" just as the taxi came. Good old days

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Would it be too sensible to just create a shopping list with a weeks’ worth of recipes, show people how to batch cook all in the oven in one go to reheat or eat cold later in the week?

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.