Jack Monroe #355 rinses poor people better than she rinses spaghetti hoops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I know we’ve been over this, but it really grates my mushrooms that not only does she imply she earns less than someone working for McDonald or Lidl, she also works TWICE the hours!

View attachment 1477316
Exactly - she’s so totally full of tit! She’s been ‘working’ on her *final book edits* for what, 2 years now? And apart from that doing seemingly duck-all, yet claiming to out-work Mac Donald’s employees by double. She’s a bell-end

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Something I've noticed is that Jack is very degrading to women. She is often held up as a beacon for women's rights amongst other things too (LGBT+, vegan, poor etc) but she is none of those things. She has a very disparaging way of talking about women, she slut shames, weight shames, job shames, class shames and even race shames other women. She is occupying a valuable space that could be held by a genuine struggling single mother. She stands by to watch and even encourages men to pile on and bully other women who dare call Jack out. She is a disgrace to motherhood and pet owning (the majority of child and animal care is given by women). She cosplays and skews conditions that women often struggle to get a diagnosis for. She is very triggering around fertility health too. She does women a disservice.

Also re the glorious Tom Kerridge chaos. From what I remember of last year: Jack claimed she was working behind the scenes with him. Nothing was ever mentioned by her again. She did not even promote it. A few squigs asked why she wasn't promoting it, there was a teeny bit of squig pushback. Jack angrily snarked back however and I can't remember her exact wording but the gist was that she didn't have to promote everything on her twitter or that her silence didn't mean she wasn't promoting. Despite that, she never did promote it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 125
When you click on Jack's name on the trending column, it's all tweets praising her. Even days old. You have to scroll down quite a bit to find something minimally critical of her.

Bit sus 🤨

ETA screenshots, apols for the crappy squiggling.
Put her name into the search bar on Twitter and click latest.

Reactions: 22
The beautiful thing is that it‘s really not a coordinated effort. It’s just happened organically, people from all walks of life are now seeing her nonsense for what it is.

DCE30D29-F8A2-4A5C-AE9D-475FC92E5491.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Dipping back in to these threads to check on our smol pixie, the patreon saint of povs, the grift that keeps grifting.

Still a tit? Check!
Claiming a famous chef has taken credit for her work? Check!
Working 58hrs a day? Check!
Subjecting SB to food & conditions even a Victorian workhouse would have balked at? Check!
Not providing any output for her long-suffering Patreon supporters while pocketing the money with utter lack of clarity? Check!
Causing many an avoidable chaos on Twitter? Check! Check! Check!
Being found out for the utter piss-taking pov cos-player she so blatantly is? Um…

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I've just gone back and searched on Twitter for every interaction between Tom and Jack. He was one of the first public figures to promote Lockdown Larder back in March 2020. It's astounding she (briefly) chose to go after him so publicly and so nastily.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
All this "sifting through coroner's reports" thing reminds me of the moment I first called bullshit on her years ago. It was not long after her and LC got together (2017?) and before I knew any of the grim stuff about their relationship. There was a major incident in London (London Bridge terror attack? not sure) and she did this ghoulish post about having breakfast with LC and she got an alert saying there had been an event and they both just set to work, knowing what needed to be done, not expecting to get to bed before dawn, because that's what journalists do. It was vile. She honestly was making out she was important, needed, AN ACTUAL JOURNALIST. Oh people have been killed? Better ring the sardine lasagne woman then.

I remember reading it and thinking she was like some sort of narcissistic Mr Ben, going into the dressing up shop coming out as a journalist! A chef! A fireman! An astronaut!

Anyway I've tried finding that tweet but can't, but I remember it very clearly. Does anyone else?
She did this with Grenfell and Jo Cox's murder too 😥 she is ab absolute ghoul and when she writes about anything to do with death, she uses triggering language, visceral details and absolutely no sense of tact. She manages to center herself in other people's tragedy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Something I've noticed is that Jack is very degrading to women. She is often held up as a beacon for women's rights amongst other things too (LGBT+, vegan, poor etc) but she is none of those things. She has a very disparaging way of talking about women, she slut shames, weight shames, job shames, class shames and even race shames other women. She is occupying a valuable space that could be held by a genuine struggling single mother. She stands by to watch and even encourages men to pile on and bully other women who dare call Jack out. She is a disgrace to motherhood and pet owning (the majority of child and animal care is given by women). She cosplays and skews conditions that women often struggle to get a diagnosis for. She is very triggering around fertility health too. She does women a disservice.

Also re the glorious Tom Kerridge chaos. From what I remember of last year: Jack claimed she was working behind the scenes with him. Nothing was ever mentioned by her again. She did not even promote it. A few squigs asked why she wasn't promoting it, there was a teeny bit of squig pushback. Jack angrily snarked back however and I can't remember her exact wording but the gist was that she didn't have to promote everything on her twitter or that her silence didn't mean she wasn't promoting. Despite that, she never did promote it.
Yes! You’ve put into words something I haven’t known how to say. It’s like she has such a hatred of womanhood - she idolises her father and grandfather, that’s for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm sure there is an article from a while back where she said she was working in a bar/coffee shop and it was OK despite not using her degree?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Put her name into the search bar on Twitter and click latest.
I still think it's strange that none of AM's tweets, for instance, are there, because they got quite a lot of engagement. But then again they've probably been reported and maybe Twitter's algorithm doesn't like that.

Reactions: 24
Well why don't you clean your nails and apply to McDonalds or Lidl then? Sorry but why is she this thick?
Hunger Hurts 2: Tokyo Grift was literally all about how awful and soul-crushing it was that she was having to downsize and apply for normal jobs. But if she’d have such a boost in income working part time in a supermarket instead of 100 hours a week, you’d think she’d be OK with it. In fact if she had a part time job at Lidl or McDonalds she could still do all the other food writing she usually does (by which I mean, one recipe a month or whatever it is).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Grates my bleeping mushrooms. I got my PhD while looking after my 4 small boys and with my husband working off-shore. It was hard, but rewarding work. She could never.
Abso-bleeping-lutely. I have a practitioner doctorate but rarely if ever use it outside of my email signature, trying to get past GP receptionists for work and when speaking to banks. That’s because people can and do easily confuse me for a medical doctor and that’s unethical. Even though I worked bloody hard for it, there’s other aspects of my life that are way more valuable to me and the idea of someone using their honorary doctorates for clout is ridonkulous.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
This legit sounds like one of #jackshacks but it's not. I can just imagine her coming up with this gastronomical alchemy or whatever the heck Nigella described it as.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 13.48.08.png

• Haha
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.