Jack Monroe #354 Who funds you, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine thinking yourself to be some sort of maverick edgelord, not-like-the-other-mums, and carefully cultivating a super cool, nihilistic online persona while clomping around in DMs and a Viv (RIP) dress, only to carry a bleeping Tiggy + Bo handbag. Oh but it’s lEoPaRd pRiNt so it’s edgy innit.

You’ll be pleased to see she’s made it onto their testimonials page, along with other super cool celebs who got a freebie just lurrrrve the brand, including Lorraine and Alison Hammond.

View attachment 1474927
This was probs discussed first time round but is that some shockingly bad editing of Jack's legs I spy?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Wow these threads move fast don't they?!

I'm sure someone else will have said it but given what I know of JM's "private" life, I predict they'll say they're having some sort of mental or physical health episode now. Classic DARVO techniques. Apparently, this was something JM did with her ex all the time, to the point it was interfering with her (the ex's) work.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 94
The thing with the dumb recipes from Tin Can't Cook is that when it came out she received so much praise, people would not question the content of said book (and those praising her would not try the recipes anyway)

Reactions: 45
My first post on Tattle, I've just been lurking here for months. I used to follow Jack till their Constant Crisis tweets stopped making sense. But the worst part of this saga is Nigella being sucked in. I love Nigella! Seems like she's in a spot where even if she did want to pull away, she'll look foolish for having supported Jack at all
Balls to Nigella because she could actually be honest and say “look I’m sorry I didn’t know, I endorsed her in good faith”, but she bloody well won’t! She’ll still send top tier Patreon donations to Jack out of fear that she will send her FM’s to troll her and all her rich mates! I bet a few of her mates are sending Jackie a small bloody fortune each month!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Just going to do a quick recap here.

So far the view forming on Twitter is that:

1. Jack's recipes are foul.
2. She's a grifter.
3. She's a compulsive liar.

She serves absolutely no purpose in public life whatsoever. This must surely be the end. Take my advice Jack, vanish for a bit and then after a decent interval do a comeback tell all book about how social media addiction ruined your life. You should turn a decent coin off that as it's a relatively newish issue and you'll feel better doing something honest and useful, particularly if you collaborate on the book with proper experts and don't decide you know everything.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
I was going to say that Katherine Parkinson was taking the piss years ago but then noticed that Jack was actually involved in this:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Honestly I think it’s mainly Patreons with loads of disposable income left, ones that don’t notice whatever pledge coming out from their account each month, that’s why we don’t see the numbers going down. Another argument for them not being £1 at all 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 50
Have they not seen the recipe for juice, which consist of chucking a tin of mandarin parts in the blender? My favourite from all the tit recipes. I know it is in Tin Can Cook, because I was stupid enough to buy it....
Well I suppose it’s better than the prune smoothie that makes you tit yourself.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
When is book publication date btw? Just wondering cause the continuity hair still has about 5 years worth of growing left...
0FD40D08-0009-4327-8445-5C08E6278A86.jpeg

My favourite thing about that pic isn’t even the stunt hair/scarf Mennonite cosplay. It’s that she’s filtered the duck out of her face so much it gives me vibes of blobfish. Imagine the below, in a scarf and extensions with glaringly white teeth, smiling. Uncanny.
75646AF4-85DC-4589-AB42-202A478456DF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Screenshot_20220805-171601_Twitter.jpg
🤭

This is doing the rounds now and people are wondering who the writers and contributors are.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.