Jack Monroe #354 Who funds you, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's quite magnificent that the tweets aimed at her seem to be a combination of anger (including those who have donated in the past and not seen a bean) and outright mockery (those who have never donated, and certainly won't be throwing anything her way now).

Oh dearie me, what a pickle she is in.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I hope this opens up some solid pisstaking of her cookery writing on Twitter now. So many recipes ripe for the picking dear squigs!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Ok I've reread the misery memoir over a cup of coffee and what I can't get past is at the beginning she says:
"No, I’m not ‘poor’ any more. Nor do I pretend to be."
Paragraph
Paragraph
Paragraph
"Once again, and quite a while ago now, I took my lightbulbs out. I replaced them with solar lanterns meant for garden decor, and they work just fine. A little dim on overcast days, but fine. And importantly, free. I stopped getting my hair cut; what used to be a regular essential is suddenly a gross luxury, so you throw it back in an Alice band and tell your friends that you’re growing it, not that you can’t afford to maintain it. I haven’t bought shampoo or conditioner for two years, and I make my own shower gel by boiling cheap soap bars in plenty of water until they dissolve, and then leaving them to set. Everything in my home is cleaned with either basic disinfectant, 27p bleach, 29p washing up liquid, vinegar, or bicarbonate of soda. My food shop is still around £20 a week. I’m running out of corners to cut and holes in the belt to tighten it; it’s already hard enough to breathe without constricting myself further."

It's like she forgot what she wrote in the first part of the blog halfway through.......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
Sorry fraus, I thought the hospital pics were new ones. It's still I fecking awful bag
Imagine thinking yourself to be some sort of maverick edgelord, not-like-the-other-mums, and carefully cultivating a super cool, nihilistic online persona while clomping around in DMs and a Viv (RIP) dress, only to carry a bleeping Tiggy + Bo handbag. Oh but it’s lEoPaRd pRiNt so it’s edgy innit.

You’ll be pleased to see she’s made it onto their testimonials page, along with other super cool celebs who got a freebie just lurrrrve the brand, including Lorraine and Alison Hammond.

56C85803-8A5A-4981-AE1E-512FDA6C51BA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
I have a soap question that’s been bugging me more than I care to admit…..does boiled soap not eventually just reset / harden into one big solid lump of congealed soap?!

@Valiofthedolls go gently with your soap experiment pal.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
My first post on Tattle, I've just been lurking here for months. I used to follow Jack till their Constant Crisis tweets stopped making sense. But the worst part of this saga is Nigella being sucked in. I love Nigella! Seems like she's in a spot where even if she did want to pull away, she'll look foolish for having supported Jack at all
Welcome and to all the other new Ninnies too.

I find Nigella's support, to use her own word, unfathomable. She activity encouraged people to sign up for Patreon and when challenged this week on if she donates money to Jack, she replied 'Naturally!' I'd just love to know if she subscribes regularly or just chucks lump sums every now and then, but I tell you what, it won't be £1 or £3.50 levels now will it?

• Heart
Reactions: 74
I agree with her. I fooking knackered. I was indeed up with the larks, catching up and taking stolen glances at the screen between doing things with children and i have another evening of catching up this time with family. There's not enough 100 hours in my day.

Praying she will stay sleeping she cant chaos when shes sleeping surely.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I have a soap question that’s been bugging me more than I care to admit…..does boiled soap not eventually just reset / harden into one big solid lump of congealed soap?!

@Valiofthedolls go gently with your soap experiment pal.
There is a "hack" that if you dissolve in hot water (not boil) you can dilute it into liquid that will go further - a bit like orange squash.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.