Jack Monroe #354 Who funds you, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And Nigella's patronage has leant an air of respectability to the whole grift. I bet a fair few people have given Jack Monroe money because Nigella has endorsed her.
She should be bloody ashamed. Using her influence to direct money to a single comfortably off person instead of worthy grassroots causes.
I bought Veganish and followed Jack thanks to Nigella promoting her-assuming that Nigella knew what she was talking about 🙄
Bloody annoying-the book is shite. She should stick to her own stuff and stop misleading people.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I hope the Tin Can Cook critics are going to do Good Food for Bad Days next!!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
those Twitter comments are great - and that’s not even her worst recipe! Wait till they see the salmon paste pasta, or the Three Tin Tender!
And wait til they see Lingreenie on This Morning 😂
Then they'll understand the utter gall of her slagging off Jamie Oliver and wanting a TV show.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
@WaffleKent , you’re amazing. I’m so glad you’re here to confirm what I always expected regarding Jack’s possible emotional abuse of her exes.
I've known for some time. It's pretty sad really but I found myself unable to stop thinking about it. My friend (who's close to LC) was properly upset and said things like if a man was gaslighting a woman like JM was LC you'd stage an intervention and get them out of there. Apparently JM sheds friends at the rate of knots too, which is part of the reason the Jack Monroe online roadshow will never stop because it's the only 'friends' they'll end up with.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 117
The rinsing of spaghetti hoops is the epitome of the Emperor’s New Clothes. That recipe was lauded and published in the Washington Post and no one thought to say, ‘actually it’s tit’. Instead it’s all ‘Wahey the poors! At last they get eat like us!’
It only takes one dissenting voice on Twitter to look at it properly and it’s like an avalanche of criticism and wtf’s (not including you marvellous ninnies who knew all along). It just goes to show how many people actually read her books though, let alone make any of the slop that’s contained within.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Just me doing a jack style chaos, nothing to see here

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I can’t wait til Twitter sees grating the corned beef and the horse spunk

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
I've known for some time. It's pretty sad really but I found myself unable to stop thinking about it. My friend (who's close to LC) was properly upset and said things like if a man was gaslighting a woman like JM was LC you'd stage an intervention and get them out of there. Apparently JM sheds friends at the rate of knots too, which is part of the reason the Jack Monroe online roadshow will never stop because it's the only 'friends' they'll end up with.
I feel this. Emotionally abusive relationships where you’re held emotional hostage will stunt every area of your life, have you living in constant fear and eff you up for a hell of a long time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I don't know either of them, but although I'd criticise LC for her part in gleefully obscuring THAT MAN's books behind JM's, I think it's horribly unkind and unfair of JM to constantly imply that her financial woes come as a result of her partner leaving her to finance a joint tenancy on her own. I wouldn't have thought LC could have got away with that, but I seriously doubt she would have left anyone in that situation in the first place. That allegation tarnishes her reputation, should anyone believe it. Of course, the allegation continues years later when that original tenancy would have long expired anyway.

Oooh bungalow for sale you say @Peachy9? I'll go see if it's the one I thought.

Edit. Can't see it on Rightmove

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I don't know either of them, but although I'd criticise LC for her part in gleefully obscuring THAT MAN's books behind JM's, I think it's horribly unkind and unfair of JM to constantly imply that her financial woes come as a result of her partner leaving her to finance a joint tenancy on her own. I wouldn't have thought LC could have got away with that, but I seriously doubt she would have left anyone in that situation in the first place. That allegation tarnishes her reputation, should anyone believe it. Of course, the allegation continues years later when that original tenancy would have long expired anyway.

Oooh bungalow for sale you say @Peachy9?
No...no I think I got myself in a tizz and saw a very similar one with the same lay out. I'm losing the plot, I'll show myself out 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I feel this. Emotionally abusive relationships where you’re held emotional hostage will stunt every area of your life, have you living in constant fear and eff you up for a hell of a long time.

This is why I will not expect LC to speak out or 'expose' Jack. She is a victim and not the cause. Abusers gaslight everyone, including a lot of high-profile supporters who maybe have less opportunity to test their perceptions - unlike the rest of us.

i also despise Jack for continually tagging Victoria Derbyshire to this day, despite the fact that Victoria knows full well what Jack did to LC.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
It makes you think L is still probably recovering from the trauma, and her name is constantly brought into the spotlight with the blogs. They make her out to be inhumane at her treatment of Jack and that must be upsetting for her to read.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I know someone who is also close with LC and said that they found it to be a very worrying relationship, but he phrased it as if they were bad for each other and both had MH worries. Which would still fit tbh.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
This. There’s just nothing original about her food. I was a student in the 80s and was well into creating my own recipes / weird combinations. But then I did have a basic knowledge of how to cook. I’m certain I had a canned food recipe book that I looked to for ideas at times - never followed exactly of course because if I can change a recipe I will. Possibly a pull-out from a magazine. But it certainly never included rinsing spaghetti hoops. Don’t think I’ve eaten them since I was a child.

I’ve no idea how her crap gained traction. Anyone with half a brain could cook what she does.

Lost my train of thought now.
Just going to do a quick recap here.

So far the view forming on Twitter is that:

1. Jack's recipes are foul.
2. She's a grifter.
3. She's a compulsive liar.

She serves absolutely no purpose in public life whatsoever. This must surely be the end. Take my advice Jack, vanish for a bit and then after a decent interval do a comeback tell all book about how social media addiction ruined your life. You should turn a decent coin off that as it's a relatively newish issue and you'll feel better doing something honest and useful, particularly if you collaborate on the book with proper experts and don't decide you know everything.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.