Jack Monroe #354 Who funds you, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tender ones, stinkapples and new thread creator..~~~~ this thread title suggestion had the most reactions.
EFA0F274-BE87-481F-A9D0-3F3AEC9B7ED3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I can't wait for this year's Sloppies. We're going to have to get extra categories and more trophies. So many new honorary fraus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I am lying on the sofa in my parents family home, eleven or twelve years old and already beginning to feel exhausted by everyday life. I’m not like other girls…
🙄
She’s pretty much always been an insufferable twit hasn’t she.
Sorry if it’s been said already but “my parents family home” is such an odd turn of phrase. Surely you’re just at home? You’re 11, you don’t have another home. At a push I’d say “in our family home” but again, weird. If I was telling an unnecessarily long winded egg-based anecdote now I’d say “in the house I grew up in”, because my parents don’t live there anymore. If they did I’d just refer to being at home. It’s the little things that really grate my mushrooms, because they all add up to her being a massive and insufferable twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Is there a threads somewhere that covers her income from book royalties? I'm just curious because - much as I'm not one to rinse me own hoops - I'm not bothered about her recipes being bad. If she's done well out of the books, good for her - people don't have to buy them, and she actually had to do some work to create them.

Forget the patreon even for a minute. What bothers me is the claims of not being able to buy shampoo etc - when she's a published author with several books to her name that by all accounts seem to have been generally popular. Surely she's got some residual royalties coming in that would at least provide a modest income?

Reactions: 35
Hey guys. Very very long time lurker. Taken me three whole days of ignoring my responsibilities and family but I am finally caught up.
just popping in to say the twitter shitshow is GLORIOUS. Tattle does Gods work.
as you were ❤

ps jack is a bleep x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 103
Is there a threads somewhere that covers her income from book royalties? I'm just curious because - much as I'm not one to rinse me own hoops - I'm not bothered about her recipes being bad. If she's done well out of the books, good for her - people don't have to buy them, and she actually had to do some work to create them.

Forget the patreon even for a minute. What bothers me is the claims of not being able to buy shampoo etc - when she's a published author with several books to her name that by all accounts seems to have been generally popular. Surely she's got some residual royalties coming in that would at least provide a modest income?
Didnt she say she only got about 2p after expenses or something.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.