Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone wants to take a break from Jack's chaos and head over to Insta, Tracie Morrissey is going into an internet deep dive on 'comedian' Dane Cook and I'm here for it. Exactly up our street.

She did a cracking thread on Hilaria Baldwin back in the day, as well as Jameela Jamil. She's kinda brilliant.
Ugh reading about his game nights made my skin crawl. Noticed Seth Green and his wife in a lot of those photos, very sus. I love when Tracey does one of her threads!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If you actually spent any time away from twitter Jack it would have been done months ago
That excuse wouldn’t cut it at a annual appraisal as to why you hadn’t finished your objectives.

She would not last in the world of work.

Reactions: 37
I’m still on catch-up.
Frankly, I feel I owe Jack Monroe a huge apology.

All this time, I’ve been mocking her 100hr work weeks and how she is perma exhausted by it. Well, as her work is fannying about on Twitter and other forums and that’s basically what I’ve done this week - it ~*IS*~ exhausting.
Just take a nice long nap. Any time of day. It’s #selfcare and you deserve it. Even if it’s just a little kip in the hammock between tinder scrolls.

Work and children? What’s dat?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm sure I saw a TV segment where she made her budget lasagne to prove it was cheaper than a ready meal. And I'm sure it contained the oil and flour horse spunk sauce, looked awful and wasn't actually that much cheaper 🤔.
Was that when she’d been fingering an M&S lasagne to try and find out what was in it? (I mean, what did she expect was in it FFS).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Sorry Fraus if this has already been said previously - but is this Jack letting slip that her Patreon income could be over £2k?

she says she spends 94% of her income on rent and bills (if this is to be believed) and her rent and bills come to £2189 (again if this is to be believed) struggling to think what her other income could be ?

*edited as I forgot to squig*

1C16F4CB-361E-48E8-9C54-EF9290164CA8.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
bottom squig is the sensible "don't think (the violet bott index) will happen" squig, just here joining in with one of the regular decent squigs. love to see it

20220804_233854.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Patreon is awful. I’ve been trying to cancel my subs for the last two weeks, I’m still getting emails to say my payments haven’t gone through, so I log back on and oh look, it wasn’t cancelled and it’s a long, click click click click click click click ballache of a process, not helped by the duck awful new layout. I’ve emailed support multiple times, no response.

It wouldn’t surprise me if many had given up trying to cancel.

Also - they will dip into your account and take the money for all your subs in one bleeping go - as I found out when my food shop was cancelled because Patreon had taken £50 from my account and I don’t even have that many subs.. 4 at the £3.50 Tiers, so I guess they like to take multiple months for multiple subs, despite the fact that your membership is revoked the second a payment doesn’t go through.

And they don’t refund. I am full of rage at them right now.

As for the “people I know with Autism with your levels of intelligence and empathy” squig, duck off, hun. Jack is thick as duck, why is why she gobs off constantly, hoping the noise will drown out the stupid stuff she comes out with, along with drowning out the constant bullshit. Empathy? Cos all of us with ASD are sociopaths as a bare minimum, yeah? Do one

If she is socking she will duck up, she’s out of her bleeping gourd on Narc rage and whatever else she’s nailing.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Was that when she’d been fingering an M&S lasagne to try and find out what was in it? (I mean, what did she expect was in it FFS).
Would you rather eat the fingered lasagne or the thumbed chicken?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
100%. The whole sorry tale would be vastly improved by Aragorn, too. Viggo Mortensen, can I interest you in another extremely long saga with protracted battles, a language entirely of its own, and the Eye of Sauron rebooted? Peter Jackson could direct.
Why do they all burst into song at the end though? I just can’t cope with it.

It’s impossible for me to perv on Aragon without cringing at the knowledge he will be singing an elvish tune at the end of the saga.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Can we get all of the people who have complained about the Patreon (or lack of) in one place? The ones who have said they’ve emailed her and messaged her about it. Anyone have the receipts handy? Definitely a few others over the weeks…
These are all the same person
Screenshot_20220804-234327.png
Screenshot_20220804-234417.png
Screenshot_20220804-234454.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Can't screenshot, but I think this Squig of few words speaks for a lot of people...

"5 years I’ve waited for this"

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I wonder what Jack's favourite Burns poem is?
I think it's Auld Lang Scam
Definitely Address to a Haggis Harold. Translated to English, naturally.

Good luck to you and your ordinary face,
Great usurper in the OH race!
Above them all, you take your place,
Leggy, Louisa, or Policewoman:
Well are you worthy of a heartbreak
As bad as mine.

The giant car there you fill,
Saved walking home from Lidl,
Your credit card helped at the till
In time of greed,
While at home you helped me to distill
Lemonade and old tea.

...*

You powers, who make dating your care,
Send another OH to her lair!
Smol Pixie wants no heartbreak stuff,
That leaves her alone and old;
So if you wish a grateful prayer,
Give her a Harold!

*I can only do so much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I am so glad my OH has LEFT (temporarily for a work trip not gone forever) because I am positively hooting and fizzing whilst I grunk 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Why do they all burst into song at the end though? I just can’t cope with it.

It’s impossible for me to perv on Aragon without cringing at the knowledge he will be singing an elvish tune at the end of the saga.
It's the sort of thing I think Big Dave encourages after Sunday lunch. A familial singsong.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.