Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what Jack's favourite Burns poem is?
I think it's Auld Lang Scam
Ae Fond Kiss might be quite useful for her with all the break ups she has. Then again I would consider it a hate crime if she tried to sing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
30th May.
View attachment 1473227

Has she done her little tour?

Ooo she should come to where I work, she’d be scared shirtless. SIMD index of 1. Absolutely no supermarkets that aren’t a long walk/bus route away. High rises galore. People with a life expectancy of 50. Obese kids with multiple dental caries or full dental extractions. She’d be agog when confronted with actual deprivation, poverty and neglect.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
If she appropriates CFS I will have an aneurysm. So many people struggle with debilitating symptoms not being believed and having their lived experience invalidated and having a grifter use it as a smoke shield to prevent criticism like she uses all of her other identities/ailments will be so damaging.
CFS Frau here. If I had the energy to get even more angry at her lying, I would.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I wonder if she's planning on taking SB and spending his special holiday money on it. Must have saved a lot from a bottle of whisk(e)y a day, or whatever.

ermm excuse you! it was a bottle of gin a day, even though she hasn’t drank gin and wouldn’t drink it even though she was an alcoholic and would neck anything but not for the taste and also enjoyed a regular gin in all shapes tastes and forms as well as a tacky christmas poster!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Like just kill it already 😩 put the non existent 'VBI' idea to bed. I cringe so hard when I think of the hoohaa blue-tick Twitter made about it, all thinking they were doing their bit to solve poverty and now look
I know!! She had more than 100 media outlets ask her for interviews 🥴; got the Pratchett estate involved; came up with a quirky name for it; had a crack team working for her on it; had five spreadsheets prepared; did hand notes!!; got hundreds of people to email over their receipts 🤪; had regular calls with the ONS; talked about it in front of politicians; doubled her Patreon money from the idea; was going to finish it in a weekend; then later, just had 10 towns to visit.
Then:
B0EDF2F4-3695-4801-866C-BC00F96392DC.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Like just kill it already 😩 put the non existent 'VBI' idea to bed. I cringe so hard when I think of the hoohaa blue-tick Twitter made about it, all thinking they were doing their bit to solve poverty and now look
At least they weren't all singing Imagine with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m still on catch-up.
Frankly, I feel I owe Jack Monroe a huge apology.

All this time, I’ve been mocking her 100hr work weeks and how she is perma exhausted by it. Well, as her work is fannying about on Twitter and other forums and that’s basically what I’ve done this week - it ~*IS*~ exhausting.

• Haha
Reactions: 88
I’m still on catch-up.
Frankly, I feel I owe Jack Monroe a huge apology.

All this time, I’ve been mocking her 100hr work weeks and how she is perma exhausted by it. Well, as her work is fannying about on Twitter and other forums and that’s basically what I’ve done this week - it ~*IS*~ exhausting.
She only spends fifteen minutes a day on Twitter though, she said so. (In the Lesbonic Magazine article - we probably need to revisit that!)

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It's probably a culmination of the past five consecutive days of chaos but that squig casually dropping the VBI bomb, followed by her lame response, has absolutely ended me. If someone asks her how her final final final final final final final FINAL book edits are going, I might actually laugh up a lung.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I just made my account today because I’ve been following the drama on the bluebird site. I read a bit of Monroe criticism on Tattle some time ago, trying to figure out why some people seemed to dislike such a saintly woman, but there was a lot to read through and I didn’t see anything very substantial mentioned so I’m sorry to say I wrote you all off as bitter and sad (and witty, though I hated to admit it).
Then today I followed a link to the timeline/mega thread and boy did the blinkers fall off!
When I saw this comment I almost did a comedy coffee spit. Can’t work out if it’s a sublime bit of snark or deluded earnestness.
Just to clarify I meant it was the big post about Jack here on Tattle that changed my mind about her (can’t remember what it’s called, I’m tired, can’t words), not the Molly thread on Twitter. I’m sure you must’ve changed many more minds than just mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
My fave lie of the past few days was when she said she'd been on a picket line incognito. There's just no way. It sums her up perfectly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.