Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On another blog, didn’t she say she had to sell her car? Why would you have a car if you didn’t drive it.
I did read something about this - I think on her archived blog posts. She said something along the lines of she'd bought a car in a fit of enthusiasm/optimism whilst taking lessons - I think whilst working at the Fire Service pre-SB. Presumably this was at an early stage of the process and she hadn't encountered many roundabouts.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
On Twitter quite a few people seem to have been given pause by the mad “boiling soap to make shower gel” claim. I honestly think this might be the one piece of blatant bullshittery that finally makes the whole £800k crappy bungalow with stairs of cards collapse. Everyone knows that a bottle of shower gel is cheap. It can cost as little as 40p. If she’s boiling soap to make shower gel, that means she’s pinching Every. Last. Penny. You can get a bar of Tesco Value soap for 15p, so why, then, in the midst of this energy price hike, is she burning the precious pennies she’s scrimping to save on BOILING her soap? It’s mad as a pineapple and everyone can see it.

How long do you have to boil soap for to melt it down like that? Am I the only person left in the world who washes with bar soap in the shower?
Agreed. I was just reading through the comments on twitter. She's jumped the shark with that one. Someone has posted a screenshot of smartprice shower gel which is 16p! It's incredulous that you would boil bits of soap together rather than buy that. There's lots of 'I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt but...'

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Also whatever she’s paying for meds to ‘keep her functional’ - maybe she should ask for her money back?
Nobody tell her if you get diagnosed with hypothyroid you get free prescriptions for life ..for all prescriptions not just your levothyroxine....I feel a new condition coming on....

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1474627

Quoting myself (sort of) like a twit, but her loathing of the poors quite often reveals itself.

“Price is determined partly to put off people who seek to abuse it” So it’s just people with low incomes (for whom it is cost prohibitive) that abuse prescription drugs?

Then people who have plenty of coin and DGAF about money (and for whom it’s not cost prohibitive) can abuse it as much as they like? Except those types of people would never abuse prescription drugs like those poor people would if only they could afford it, right Jack Monroe?

ETA “Incredibly serious about being responsible” might be the biggest whopper of the lot. When?! When has she ever?!
THANKYOUVERYMUCH. I have been looking for that disgusting (now deleted) tweet. Can you imagine the uproar if the Tories announced they were bringing in higher charges or only having certain medications available privately to stop the plebs abusing them?

It's so ignorant- look at the opiate crisis in the USA. It's affected people of all classes but obviously hit the poorest hardest as they have fewer options for addiction treatment and support. Prince died as a result of his prescription opiate addiction and there have been many well off people who have had similar issues. Anyone can become an addict. Jack is a snob and a SH1TTER.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Agreed. I was just reading through the comments on twitter. She's jumped the shark with that one. Someone has posted a screenshot of smartprice shower gel which is 16p! It's incredulous that you would boil bits of soap together rather than buy that. There's lots of 'I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt but...'
Sometimes it's the smallest of things that make the penny drop for people 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Nobody tell her if you get diagnosed with hypothyroid you get free prescriptions for life ..for all prescriptions not just your levothyroxine....I feel a new condition coming on....
Also there's the minor ailments service provided at pharmacies through NHS. And if you are on a low income you can get free prescriptions in England (I think. Scottish Frau here)

Reactions: 19
Suggestion for any journalists wanting to report all this but not wanting to lose face for their previous fawning of Jack.

Any of these articles, and more, including Jack's opinions and other people's too. She will not come out well.

Can autistic people lie?
Should patreons be public?
Is boiling up soap utterly pointless?
I think there is a massive cloud of fear that JM has engineered that has the blue ticks and journos deciding it’s not worth the threat of litigation or flying monkeys?

Reactions: 19
What’s interesting is that the sheer number of lies can contribute to why accusing someone of lying us hard to make stick. Catch someone out in one lie, and they’re the hole. Notice a whole pattern of lies, and a seasoned bullshitter can spin it as the other person is the hole.
i’ve been trying to think of who I’m reminded of by the pattern of small pointless lies among big ones, and it’s an old work colleague from when I worked in a care home, who got the job at the same time I did, and it was one of those things that was cumulative where I - and others - believed her and totally empathised until suddenly it was clear as day. Some highlights, without any analysis added, just the facts:
* turned up for interview in wedding dress, claimed she was getting married that afternoon. When I started the job after my CRB check (as it was then known) I met her and said “congratulations on the wedding” and she looked at me like I was mad for a few seconds, then thanked me.
* on the second week of employment claimed that a long standing staff member had attempted to sexually assault her, resulting in his suspension and expulsion
* months later claimed that a black action figure belonging to one of the residents of the care home triggered PTSD because it reminded her of the man she’d got sacked, took a week off work
*two days after a staff party where a few of us had been drunkenly sharing embarrassing kinks and I said I didn’t have any major ones but had a thing for red toenails she turned up for shift barefoot, red toenails, claimed her shoes had been vomited on on the bus so she’d thrown them away
*sent me lengthy messages that our immediate boss was being abusive and shouting at her whenever she was alone with him, claimed that the only reason she was still working there was because of my emotional support
*in her exit interview, claimed that she was leaving because of me (despite said messages being still in my inbox, and when my manager brought up this issue in my monthly supervision, he was totally unaware that she’d had issues with him, I showed him my messenger inbox giving him free rein to scroll back as far as he wanted, and he was like “this is complete fantasy, none of this happened that she described, and the impression she gave me of you is not at all what she’s saying here”
*any time she was alone with a service user, managed to sustain an injury resulting in two days off work
*claimed that she had to get taxis home or leave work half an hour early because all the bus stops near work dont stop when it’s only her at the bus stop, and as its a dangerous area she can’t walk home
*appeared a bit tipsy at work, I mentioned it to her discreetly with a ”mate are you ok? If the manager sees you pissed you’ll be in the tit, so it might be better if you go off sick” in response she claimed that her devout Muslim husband might have spiked her water flask with vodka. i said “but wouldn’t you be able to taste vodka In water? She said “yes, but I’m allergic to alcohol, so it only needs to be a trace amount and I could die” “does your husband know this?” “Yes” “so he tried to kill you?” “Erm…. no, I think he’s just testing me, he’s very controlling”
Jesus!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Wonder if she still uses the pan she used to boil soap to make her slop creations? Like when she’s tasting her Sadness Soup or Fuckmehard Fettucini, does she get a hint of value soap?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I did read something about this - I think on her archived blog posts. She said something along the lines of she'd bought a car in a fit of enthusiasm/optimism whilst taking lessons - I think whilst working at the Fire Service pre-SB. Presumably this was at an early stage of the process and she hadn't encountered many roundabouts.
Had never seen a piano but had no problem with the concept of cars, smh

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It’s mad as a pineapple. Am I the only person left in the world who washes with bar soap in the shower?
I see you, my frau, and stand with you in bar soaper solidarity. Pretty sure Immigrant Jack will use the same one as me. Also mad as a (tampon stuffed) pineapple has ⚰ me
CF898460-999D-45D0-BD43-58AD0B2D5E50.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Anyone who would describe themselves as a 'Ronseal human being' may as well erect a neon sign telling the world they are a big fat fraud. The most honest people I know have one thing in common, they never make a point of telling everyone (at length) how honest they are. They don't have to. People know.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Screenshot 2022-08-05 14.28.45.png

A bit of 2017 Jack for you. There were rabbits, Dame Viv (RIP) was at the dry cleaners so Jack was slumming it in her neon Calvins and people LITERALLY WANTED HER DEAD for being a Terf. What an eventful life Jack has.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Seeing Jack declare that the Vibrating Buttocks Index has been delayed by the actions of mendacious trolls has brought me a strange kind of peace. Either I have ascended to a higher plane of enlightenment or I am misinterpreting my aneurysm.

Quoting myself to say the higher plane has worn off now.

Scrambling to catch up with my work and wondering what my boss would say if I said I was delayed because of the (in this case delightful) activity of people on the internet? I almost feel like she might, just might, not consider that a valid excuse for not delivering the expected work...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.