Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there is a massive cloud of fear that JM has engineered that has the blue ticks and journos deciding it’s not worth the threat of litigation or flying monkeys?
Which is why she'll just be quietly dropped. Not used for interviews or consulted on anything. In a way that will be harder to come back from. She can't really go for an arc of redemption story if she has just been gently, softly ignored.

That silly greedy blog. She probably didn't really even give it that much thought as she banged it out. Just pity me by numbers. Thinking her adoring fans would all fall for it yet again. I don't think she grasped at all how those misery memoirs are completely out of favour. Life is far worse for so many people than her. Downsizing and getting a job isn't the blow to most that she seems to think it is in her entitled way.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Sorry if this has already been brought up today, but I think focusing on the original book being written on a phone distracts us from the fact that she said only a few days ago she was drafting job applications on her phone. For. no. reason. Other than to imply she can't afford a laptop, which she has, as well as a mac. There is LITERALLY no reason for her to have to draft these applications on a phone in 2022 - it's just a stupid detail she added to add to the 'poor me' factor. She actually says "painstakingly typed on my mobile phone." WTF??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I think that's in relation to Jack falling over and faceplanting into the tap/toilet because that's the day she went to hospital with a sparkly black eye 😂

Get fucked.

View attachment 1474454
8CA694F5-5BA5-4F1B-BD9C-0A39B0FC094A.jpeg
Behind so may have already been said but HILARIOUS! WTF does this writing on a piece of paper prove as “evidence”? I’m surprised she didn’t sign it “Mr A. Doctor”

• Haha
Reactions: 107
Sorry if this has already been brought up today, but I think focusing on the original book being written on a phone distracts us from the fact that she said only a few days ago she was drafting job applications on her phone. For. no. reason. Other than to imply she can't afford a laptop, which she has, as well as a mac. There is LITERALLY no reason for her to have to draft these applications on a phone in 2022 - it's just a stupid detail she added to add to the 'poor me' factor. She actually says "painstakingly typed on my mobile phone." WTF??
Perhaps her 'essays' are actually created by her shuffling magnetic words around on her fridge door, hence the reappearance of her top of the pops phrases with no regard to the passage of time and accessibility of advanced technology.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
YES! I keep thinking about this, it's the very first sentence of the blog post. I think she's trying to do a callback to the memory of writing her book on her phone. But it makes no sense because in the next sentence she talks about being a freelance writer, so obviously she isn't doing that on her phone. It's a really stupid lie like the boiling soap.

Reactions: 39
View attachment 1474711Behind so may have already been said but HILARIOUS! WTF does this writing on a piece of paper prove as “evidence”? I’m surprised she didn’t sign it “Mr A. Doctor”
also…36.7 is textbook average normal temperature. Not an abnormal one. Not sure what she hoped to achieve there. ‘Oh woe is me my temperature is NORMAL’.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I tbink its been said before but she writes like frank mccourt the author of angelas ashes. The terrible poverty, the not having a pot to piss in. Its misery writing its finest. True this is the case for many, but i sincerely doubt it needed to be like this for her. I am sure her childs dad would have bought her some food those few weeks she has no dosh.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She actually says "painstakingly typed on my mobile phone." WTF??
I only read it once, quickly (my hole can’t take the cringe), but it’s remarkable how similar it is to her Hunger Hurts, and Potatoes. I honestly think she’s cut and pasted chunks of stuff and not even read it through for mistakes, she so confident of how stupid and gullible her squiggs are.

• Sick
Reactions: 34
Grunking for Gold here, it's a better.

Just wondering (apols if already raised), on those who have open and transparent Patreon accounts, how many subscribers do actually go for the £1 option?

It might suggest how many do ~ or likely don't ~ for you know who.
🎵Grunking for, Grunking for Gold! 🎵
DFAABA71-780A-483B-81DC-D609125DBC69.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
also…36.7 is textbook average normal temperature. Not an abnormal one. Not sure what she hoped to achieve there. ‘Oh woe is me my temperature is NORMAL’.
Wasn’t it during covid when they took everyone’s temperatures on entry? It was to show she was actually in the hospital and they’d taken her temp. (I believe she was, I don’t believe she needed to be there for the black eye)

Reactions: 31
No new thread? I have no hands* to do this (please put some money in my tip jar)

*Skills

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Does she literally get shorter as the weeks go on? Like bloody hell I'm sure she's at least 5 foot 5 anyway. Else she would look bloody bizarre with her physique
By 2030 Jack will be exactly 15cm tall.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Has anyone tried boiling soap yet btw? I really want to but I think #OH would run a mile
I’ve got a little sliver of a bar left, an old pan, and OH has also LEFT (for work) so I’ll have a go in a bit and report back

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I only read it once, quickly (my hole can’t take the cringe), but it’s remarkable how similar it is to her Hunger Hurts, and Potatoes. I honestly think she’s cut and pasted chunks of stuff and not even read it through for mistakes, she so confident of how stupid and gullible her squiggs are.
Going to just have to nip in here and say I use my phone for almost everything, including applying for jobs and there’s literally nothing painstaking about it. It’s actually far easier for me to do it on phone than on a laptop. Almost everything these days is tailored towards doing it on your phone, so unless she’s swapped hers for her old Nokia brick or an actual brick, she is once more talking out of her arse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.