Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reminder that trolley.co.uk is actually at this moment providing real time price data and comparison on supermarket goods. It also has a price history for each item and allows you to set an alert for when the price of certain items drops. But they can never compete against a scribbly bit of paper with some cat hair on it.

What’s really sad is that Trolley needs funding to stay open. They had a crowd funder to help with costs but only hit 41% of their costs. And yet squigs are pissing their pants with excitement with the prospect of funding a fowever home for Jack because she deserves it so much. 🙄
Even worse, they tweeted Jack at the time of the Venezuelan Bumpersticker Index offering to share their data 😥

I also think this might be really painful for Nigella ~ hear me out ~ bearing in mind previous experience 😔 x
Random opinion nobody asked for - much as the canal are disappointed in Big Suze, her recipes actually work. I don’t see an issue with having her books because they’re useful. Jack’s spread misinformation to vulnerable people. Hence why they make good kindling.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
That's genuinely scary. I also skipped to the end where she goes offstage to hug an adoring fan who's sobbing at getting to speak to Jack. Whoever mentioned American televangelists was spot on.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
E8669979-5571-4EA2-B81B-CD7C931768D7.jpeg
Whichever tender one sets up the new thread, this was the most popular thread title suggestion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Looking back at it, I think she did have some sort of real mark below her eye
She almost certainly did have a black eye (under the sparkly make up). She posted a video on Instagram Stories to show it was real (she washed and wiped the bruise with a fluffy white towel).

Or maybe she had Amber Heard's bruise kit.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Help. I am actually listening to Jack "sing". As if a threatening migraine wasn't enough. It. Is. TERRIBLE.
I managed three seconds. One of my anxiety dreams is being made to sing in front of people and listening to it playing out in real life made me feel a bit clammy.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She only spends fifteen minutes a day on Twitter though, she said so. (In the Lesbonic Magazine article - we probably need to revisit that!)
Could be near enough a fact.

She spends the other 23 hours 45 minutes on Twitter as other people.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 1474400Now… I really want to do this. Watch and learn, Jack.
I really love that idea of creating a family cookbook as an heirloom. I wish I'd thought of that when my granny was still alive. Alas, and I say this with love, I don't think future generations deserve my mothers cooking passed on.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I really love that idea of creating a family cookbook as an heirloom. I wish I'd thought of that when my granny was still alive. Alas, and I say this with love, I don't think future generations deserve my mothers cooking passed on.
I get it, I loved my mum so much but there's a reason I started doing the family meals at 12. I do have a Québecan cookbook my mum got when she married in
PS Jack smells

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think this shows some level of double standards from Jack: it's not ok to be overweight if you're eating chicken nuggets and processed/ready meals. it is ok to be overweight if you're eating buttery rich expensive, indulgent food.

I may be wrong, it's just an observation.
D7C3EF08-4313-48A4-879F-10D3291B4197.jpeg

Quoting myself (sort of) like a twit, but her loathing of the poors quite often reveals itself.

“Price is determined partly to put off people who seek to abuse it” So it’s just people with low incomes (for whom it is cost prohibitive) that abuse prescription drugs?

Then people who have plenty of coin and DGAF about money (and for whom it’s not cost prohibitive) can abuse it as much as they like? Except those types of people would never abuse prescription drugs like those poor people would if only they could afford it, right Jack Monroe?

ETA “Incredibly serious about being responsible”. She’s kidding, right? When?! That might be the biggest whopper of all the lies she’s ever told
E9ECBC5A-6FD8-470F-9149-F57A45878A58.gif

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Also whatever she’s paying for meds to ‘keep her functional’ - maybe she should ask for her money back?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.