Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't give you that figure exactly.

January 1109 tweets
Feb 802 tweets
March 1036 tweets
April 1879 tweets
May 1667 tweets
June 1270 tweets
July 943 tweets

Plus deleted tweets.
I need a lie down after reading this. Seriously, please send hammock-o’s.

Reactions: 40
The really makes you think line just makes me think of the Richard Madeley piece on GMB about the Hitler Youth - the funniest piece of tv ever.

Reactions: 42
Thing is the big inheritance shows there was money in the pot, or money coming down the line which could've helped her. As they didn't sell the property they must've been well enough off to not need the cash. If I inherited property I'd be selling it off to pay the mortgage on my house/reduce payments.

Reactions: 42
Well fooook me, what the hell was that?! And why did I start listening to it? I only managed 17 seconds - anyone who makes it through, donation coming your way!
I see she actually LED the choir? Can't remember hearing that, just that she was part of it. God help the other singers, that's all I can say.

Morning folks! I can't be the only one who had some weird fecking dreams last night, my brain was ~literally~ spinning at 90mph by the time I reached the top of the stairs!

Grunking but thank God there are only 10 pages of her antics to get through this morning, don't think many of us could cope with another "last night" x

PS MORNING MACK JONROE JACK MONROE !

Reactions: 31
Seeing Jack declare that the Vibrating Buttocks Index has been delayed by the actions of mendacious trolls has brought me a strange kind of peace. Either I have ascended to a higher plane of enlightenment or I am misinterpreting my aneurysm.

Reactions: 74
They sound wonderful
Jack has created her own monster now and doesn't seem to grasp that it's out of control. How many of her collaborations have extended into further work?
I honestly hope that people start to understand how toxic she is.

Reactions: 35
I’m going to share some screenshots from a NI charity/foodbank who got slated on Facebook the other day. It sickens me that they have felt the need to apologise when they are actively supporting in their community and middle class people would rather send their money to Jack than to people actually in need.
I’ve redacted the name but this is the impact of the reality of the cost of living crisis. Not throwing a strop and begging because you have to downsize your massive house and live within your means

Reactions: 61
Also just wanted to say thanks for posting the link to that Greenbelt speech, @GrannyOgg, I've long wanted to hear it because even from the descriptions of it, you just KNEW she'd be at her most grandiose. I'll listen to it properly when I get a minute (I'm EXHAUSTED), but from the bit I've already heard, it's horrendous how she appropriates the foster childrens' trauma (going into their sexual abuse, even) in order to buffer herself. It's also clear how resentful she feels at her parents' decision to foster. It just feels gross.

Reactions: 60
And yet they did uphold that part of her story to an extent at the time by confirming there wasn't any "money in the pot" they had foster children with them at the time so there was a gentle suggestion they did have other children to take care of not just her and she needed to sort herself out...though any commentsl ike that by her mum were quickly deleted and ahe seemed to have a weird veiled contempt/ jealousy for the fostering.....of course this was shortly after she caused trouble and did herself out of a job at the FS which I gather was actually rather embarrassing for dear old dad at the time

Reactions: 39
If I buy spaghetti hoops and I'm not so poor that I have to rinse them and mix them with chick peas, there'd be an edible meal, rather than slop. See, it totally works, I've spent twice as much being a poor

Reactions: 28
Thought she couldn’t swim?
I think the pools in Budapest referred to here are the shallow therapeutic ones people just hang out in for health benefits, not swimming - it is an age since I've been, but my recollection is that although they were very sociable sidling was discouraged and the pool guards would probably have blown their whistles and ordered the sidler out if they thought that sort of thing was going on.

Reactions: 36
JACK! It's over. Stop it. The wheels have fallen off your charabanc of lies. You can't keep it limping on any longer.

ALSO - you can NOT write a book on a nokia little brick dumb phone. The sim would have had a little bit of memory but the phone itself is just the hardware. NO ROOM for a book.

Not technologically possible. But Jack's incapable of lying. Really makes you think.

Reactions: 98
"tablet computer"

oh go on and fuck off

ETA: Wotcha Mary Poppins accent seems a lot stronger in that, innit?

Reactions: 38
Does anyone else get cravings for spaghetti hoops on softy white toast whenever the rinsing them thing gets mentioned? Is Jack a deep state agent for Heinz? Is this a next level guerrilla influencer campaign?

Reactions: 58
And just think, we still have the book cover of her looking like an evangelical cultist in a bizarre wig to look forward to.

The sloppies this year will be STACKED.

Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.