Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just posting to mark how far I've come, as I need to work now.

Thoughts on Mollly:
*it's someone on here (given their forensic level of interest, why would they not be?)
*could be a man
*also wondered about the drug reference

Anyway, whoever it is, I take my hat off to them. Fabulous work.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
@skyehigh : "Even Nigella must be raising an eyebrow at this point"

Can you even say 'unfathomable' without raising an eyebrow?

(I know she has behaved abominably with regard to Jack Monroe, but I've loved her for so long I can't just cancel her, although I know other Canal folk are made of sterner stuff. I've noticed a lot of collectors' Nigella books - signed editions, first editions - turning up in Oxfam online over the past week, so if that's fellow fraus putting their disappointment to good use I salute you but I'm not there yet)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
My own ideas on the Awfully Molly name is that back in Ye Olden Days 'Molly' was a slang term for a gay man ,there were Molly Houses which were gay brothels so Awfully Molly may mean if you rbtl Awfully Gay ...anyway pure conjecture M'lud ...keep up the good work
Good spot 👏🏻 An old gay man that worked at the brothel with Jack in the Before times. Jack stole their most valuable client off them and he’s waited 120 years to have his revenge.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I think I need a reminder of what her Violently Bilious Info is going to ~*do*~exactly. I know the Sam Vimes/boots principal, that’s fine.

Is she proving that a tin of stewing steak (pre-rinse) is cheaper than getting stewing steak and all ingredients and making it yourself, oh and the tinned stuff is less nutritious? Because that would be the equivalent of the Vimes/boots thing, yes?
No she wants to prove that the tin of stewing steak is going up in price more quickly than a fillet steak.

She's misusing the VB theory which I find very annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm just a Frau, standing in front of her manager, trying to explain why I'm late for the third time this week.
Manager (one hand dialling HR) : What's a "Pumble"?

• Haha
Reactions: 90
However this turns out, I see it as a team effort of Tattle and other sites to expose a grift. With no help from the media who have been told again and again about what Jack has been doing. And in any case its all in plain sight.

So we'll done everyone, especially Molly of course but everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Do we have a receipt for Jack claiming to be on a rolling contract? I can see references and I think I remember the tweet, but I think it's been deleted
It was this, I don't know where the original copy of that tweet is though. Somewhere most probably!

Screenshot_20220805-090556.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
got it, sorry but cba to screenshot the whole thread in which this squig was pointing out the comparison. (I’m tired but wired tonight, should be asleep but it isn’t coming for me yet!) Am sure anyone will be able to find it easily if interested. Other than her original tweet Jack didn’t engage with this thread (unless as 🧦), squig and IEA blue tick were talking to either a FM or 🧦.

This whole thing is really interesting to observe as a phenomenon. Jack and her coterie of followers go off on one at the IEA and Tories for being opaque about funding, bending rules, and how much they get in donations they refuse to be transparent about upfront - and yet Jack Monroe herself is opaque, bends rules, and gets large donations about which she refuses to be transparent. How can they not see she is effectively the same as the “IEA bros” - except like squig says, IEA bros actually produce things.

(Please don’t go thinking I love the IEA, or the Tory party, I don’t, I think everyone is dodgy here! Except probably squig, who seems to have commented similarly on a few other Jack related tweets in the last few days.)
It's part of that tribalism I had a mini rant about a few threads back innit. If you are on the 'right side of history' ie Progressive then you are incapable of being a grifter. It's only eBiL tOrieS wot grift.

A grifter is a grifter no matter what your political views are. It's even worse when you're Our Jackie and clearly despise the working class, but larp as WC and Progressive as a shield for your antics.

In all the chaos last night I've only just noticed some squigs pointing out how disgusting and time consuming her recipes are. One of them even called out the peach n chickpea curry as being horrible. A few years ago an acquaintance of mine did that and he got ROASTED by Jack's FMs and eventually Jack herself. But last night, not a whisper. Truly the armour has fallen away!

Also surprised by the number of media types getting involved or following. I get the sense that there's a lot of blue tickers out there who've been clocking Jack's antics over the years and just had to grit their teeth and keep quiet. Not any more.

Matt Tebbutt darling are you watching this? I bet you are!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
No she wants to prove that the tin of stewing steak is going up in price more quickly than a fillet steak.

I thought this initially....I thought you are just doing a price comparison on the value products (so cheap boots) ...to keep the essence of what its about (buy cheap buy twice type thing) surely you would yes do the costings and comparisons but then also compare it to more expensive ingredients to see how many meals you could stretch out of it and did it work out cheaper in the long run and if so, is the value food like the boots a con...because if people could afford the good stuff they could actually make the food go further so a tin of stewing steak vs 500g fresh and what you can actually get out of it do you get 4 meagre portions from a run but 4-6 from fresh etc ...🤷‍♀️

Ooh and better still if it DID work out like that she could use it as proof to do something USEFUL like campaign for a proper living wage for all....but that requires actual work

Reactions: 29
Oh beanus..I'm away today.
I'm going to have wanky WiFi.
Wondering if I can do a Jack and pick an ailment.. botcholism? Crabs? and stay home.

🎶 I don't wanna miss a thinggggggggg 🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm just a Frau, standing in front of her manager, trying to explain why I'm late for the third time this week.
Manager (one hand dialling HR) : What's a "Pumble"?
Show them the thread 😂 they’ll be joining you !!

Oh glad to be back on this thread. I just wandered over to the Archie thread and I’m very upset for that child. People are disgusting and some just don’t deserve to have a child 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

I’m baffled by what her VBI is meant to achieve too.

Isn’t the VB theory to do with longer-lasting goods and not tinned spaghetti hoops? I thought that was the whole point of the ‘boots’ part - if I have the money I can buy a good-quality pair of boots at £100 and they’ll last me 2 years, but if I don’t have that much all at once I’ll have to buy a cheap pair for £25 but they’ll only last me 3 months (so over the 2 years I’ll have spent £200 on boots).

So can someone explain to me how that is in any way related to scribbling the price of spaghetti hoops on a scrappy bit of notepaper?!

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I've had a couple of 'OMG I think you were right about her' messages from people I've spoken to IRL and it's ~delicious~.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
Oh beanus..I'm away today.
I'm going to have wanky WiFi.
Wondering if I can do a Jack and pick an ailment.. botcholism? Crabs? and stay home.

🎶 I don't wanna miss a thinggggggggg 🎵
I believe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is the ailment of the hour.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.