Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1470109
Jack ~literally~ cannot lie. Apart from when she’s talking about nesting magpies in the tree she previously said she agreed to maintain in a joint cost agreement with her landlady.
And didn't she do well to launch the 'nest' into the upper branches of that massive tree, when her shoulders are so ouchy?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

I forgot about this interview where she was still vegan and ‘holding out for strictly’
The other catalyst in her decision (to go vegan) was a blog she wrote about visiting a slaughterhouse, the images and noises of which have never left her.
Jump to now and shes throwing bollock sausages down her throat quicker than you can say animal welfare.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
I still can’t understand how it went from…

I reckon I can earn around £30k a year and save a deposit for my own home if I downsize for 2 years

only a couple of months ago (in May), to…

I am so distraught at having to move out of my place and downsize, because I am living in extreme poverty!

8C4011BB-6CA9-462D-B00D-57820606A851.jpeg

BA92F2E2-1954-437B-95F9-CCB8383C77E6.jpeg

43EDC0FB-68B6-43E5-974B-EBEF93C21216.jpeg

5F3C646B-9A0F-49A0-81B6-07A130DA1800.jpeg

Why wouldn’t JM just admit that the downsizing is due to wanting to save a deposit and not because they’re on the breadline?

(Surely not because they fancy a few donations to speed up the time it takes to save, but can’t come straight out and ask people to pay for a deposit for a house?)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
I bet Jack hopes she still has that Bluetooth eye mask for trying to sleep at night from thread one post number one as I imagine being rumbled with be causing chaos in the crappy bungalow

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Molly is playing a blinder, and it looks like it's been really well thought out. Rather than revealing everything at once (which could be easily buried after a day or two) it's a constant drip, drip, drip.

I think it's been months in the making, and she's been waiting for the perfect opportunity to throw it out there. If she has played her cards right she'll be saving the worst for last. The final blow.
Sorry, I’m grunting. But wasnt this Dominic Cummings strategy to bring down Boris? Drip drip drip until he drowned.
Nasty nasty little man but extremely good at what he does.

Reactions: 33
Looking fairly quiet over on the haunted bird app 🤢. I think our tragic heroine might be having an emergency Dino nap. From what I've seen, the second installment from Molly isn't gaining the same traction, sadly, and I'm still seeing heaps of bum-licking from the die-hard squigs. Possibly the calm before another storm? Possibly the nations poverty princess will once again come up smelling of roses. And watered down soap. And, whatever. Wfk.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
What if Molly IS Jack? And we're now watching the final scenes, Fight Club style, unfolding before our very eyes?!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Stand by ninnies, we may get a rush on the Molly thread on Twitter or here, as Redditch (Reddit -bugger off 🥕) are talking about it. And on the non-disappearing mumsnet thread...😬
Screenshot_20220803-224933_Reddit.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
This squig made me lol.

A21384C4-5255-4321-8225-A21C68D8EB0B.jpeg

It’s not really off topic, just don’t want to give Jack and her flying money’s ideas. I just had a thought. Any evidence Molly or anyone else posts on Twitter, could be “disregarded“ if it’s from over a year ago. I don’t think this, but some people might argue something like “Jack was struggling with addition at that time, she can’t be held accountable“.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
The thing that smacks me in the gut in all of this is SB. I’ve vaguely followed her and been irritated but only really been watching in the last few months when you’ve pinned my eyelids open with match sticks. And my dry eyeballs have made me furious.

If The Poverty is real (I mean if she really did choose to live like that) she chose to put him through misery and being scared and cold and not having clothes that fit.

Since then, she spilled all her tit all over Twitter, when he and his friends and his mates’ parents and anyone else can read it. Kids are bleeping merciless and he will be getting the piss ripped out of him mercilessly for that.

And then she did a massive announcement about the summer of fun she was going to give him. And what has the poor little sod got? Mega chaos. No lovely trips, no making memories, just mum ricocheting like a pinball.

I’m a single parent and she makes me RAGE at how tit she is. And also @TheDragonWithAFlagon - that was a brilliant description of living with autism. Brava. And if it’s impossible to lie as an autistic person, no one told my son (who has an actual NHS diagnosis 😘 )
I've sadly mostly missed the giga-chaos of the last few days, but came here to mention this.

Jack made a song and dance about saving up her pennies not spent on alcohol, just for SB. She was going to give him the summer holidays of a lifetime and make precious memories. She made it sound like they were the most pitiful mother and child ever, she was just a struggling recovering alcoholic mum rising from the ashes to do her best for a her little boy. She was going to take him on 4 trips of 3-4 days long. That's 12-16 days of holiday alone, without accounting for public transport travel, and rests at home in between.

...It's now nearly 4th of August, we're 2/6 weeks through the summer holidays already. SB will be lucky if he gets a single mini-break to a run down caravan park at this point. None of it is happening is it?

I'm sure at this point SB just rolls his eyes if he ever hears her fantasies.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I don’t think the end goal is convincing Jacks Praetorian Guard, they’ll be with her right up until she signs a deal with a Netflix.
The end goal is hopefully to get enough people to realise she is a grifter and to stop giving her money they can’t afford and a platform she misuses

Reactions: 39
Looking fairly quiet over on the haunted bird app 🤢. I think our tragic heroine might be having an emergency Dino nap. From what I've seen, the second installment from Molly isn't gaining the same traction, sadly, and I'm still seeing heaps of bum-licking from the die-hard squigs. Possibly the calm before another storm? Possibly the nations poverty princess will once again come up smelling of roses. And watered down soap. And, whatever. Wfk.
Mollys followers keeps creeping up. People are watching. But not commenting. Typical twitter as they don’t want a block to see the action.

Reactions: 36
I just had a look at the very first thread and came across this. At the time i was aware of jack, didnt rate her recipes really. I previously thought of donating to her fundraiser or buying one of her books or photographs then realised it was all actually a load of old tosh i didn't want or didn't need, so i'm happy to say i can be marked safe from Jack Monroe.
Anyway, I digress. What i was going to say is: has she really been regurgitating that salmon paste pasta she done on Lorraine since thread bleeping one and before?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Hi just commenting to back you up, my partner I mentioned earlier in the thread when pointing out that Jack could, if legit, take her private ADHD diagnosis to a GP and get a prescription on the NHS, is on NHS Ritalin, they call it methylphenidate.

The NHS do prescribe it, it’s just under a different name. I would say the NHS is wary of people abusing it though so try to make sure it’s not essentially handed out like sweets. I get things are different in the US as there’s money to be made from prescribing drugs so that probably makes it seem like what the previous poster described
That's exactly what I was trying to say, if the NHS doctor thought Jack genuinely had ADHD she would be on medication from her doctor, methylphenidate. Instead, Jack is taking sertraline from her NHS gp, but then went and got a private prescription for ritalin (methylphenidate) which is a class A drug. She pays for this prescription around £200 a month and gets her sertraline from her NHS Dr. No doctor would prescribe both together as they are both stimulating so would affect her heart. Obviously Jack hasn't told the private GP about her sertraline as she wouldn't be prescribed both. This hasn't come out of thin air, Jack made several posts talking about this stuff hence why we know there is screenshots. Jack also states she takes tramadol which is also stimulating, for her arthritis. No Dr would prescribe all 3 together so obviously she hasn't told her private Dr about the sertraline and tramadol, she wouldn't have been given ritalin otherwise. Yes the NHS do prescribe it but not willy nilly and especially not alongside sertraline and tramadol.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.