Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe Molly is Miguel’s child. He’s always got his mini calculator out, perhaps he’s worked out the 344-% is a lie!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I may well be making that mushroom stroganoff in the next few days - I like to leave a few spaces on the meal planner for "use it up"/inspiration dinner....Ta.
If you can afford it, I’d recommend this book if I’m honest, I paid a tenner for mine with free P&P. I could post every page in it because they all appeal to me. The food looks delicious. No stupid costings and a simple case of ‘if you’re cooking for more than one person just multiply the recipe accordingly’. Straightforward, no nonsense goodness.

Attachments

Reactions: 38
She doesn't want to change, though. She thinks she can grift her way out of every situation. As someone working in education, it worries me most that there is a child involved here and I hope/am sure he is well cared for by his Dad.

Jack is a fully formed adult who has had endless help and support from partners and others, but she doesn't want to take responsibility for anything, it seems.
You are right but I hope that one day Jack sees the light...maybe when things get too painful and she reaches a true crisis point as an individual. No one can carry on interminably like she's doing.

Reactions: 21
The thing that smacks me in the gut in all of this is SB. I’ve vaguely followed her and been irritated but only really been watching in the last few months when you’ve pinned my eyelids open with match sticks. And my dry eyeballs have made me furious.

If The Poverty is real (I mean if she really did choose to live like that) she chose to put him through misery and being scared and cold and not having clothes that fit.

Since then, she spilled all her tit all over Twitter, when he and his friends and his mates’ parents and anyone else can read it. Kids are bleeping merciless and he will be getting the piss ripped out of him mercilessly for that.

And then she did a massive announcement about the summer of fun she was going to give him. And what has the poor little sod got? Mega chaos. No lovely trips, no making memories, just mum ricocheting like a pinball.

I’m a single parent and she makes me RAGE at how tit she is. And also @TheDragonWithAFlagon - that was a brilliant description of living with autism. Brava. And if it’s impossible to lie as an autistic person, no one told my son (who has an actual NHS diagnosis 😘 )

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 114
I wonder if anyone has let King Marcus know? I can just imagine the face he’d make 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Fraus can I just swing things off topic a bit by saying that I bought Miguel’s meat free book and it’s a joy.
we’ll put together, lovely photographs of appealing plates of food, no rinsing of beans and more importantly no 800 word diatribe on how they once had cacio e pepe with a side dish of ‘you should have kept your legs shut’ so here they are creating this dish on behalf of all legs opened ladies.
Seriously though, it’s great. No story telling that I’ve seen so far, just a photo, a list of ingredients and a method. Compared with Jack’s stroganoff, I know which one I’d rather eat.
sorry for the poorly lit photo. I’m sleeping in the spare room tonight because me and Mr Laz have *had words* and i don’t want to look at him.
#influenced - I’m going to buy it now. I have screen shot your recommendation and if it’s tit I’ll be doing an awfully Dogmuck thread on twitter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
The thing that smacks me in the gut in all of this is SB. I’ve vaguely followed her and been irritated but only really been watching in the last few months when you’ve pinned my eyelids open with match sticks. And my dry eyeballs have made me furious.

If The Poverty is real (I mean if she really did choose to live like that) she chose to put him through misery and being scared and cold and not having clothes that fit.

Since then, she spilled all her tit all over Twitter, when he and his friends and his mates’ parents and anyone else can read it. Kids are bleeping merciless and he will be getting the piss ripped out of him mercilessly for that.

And then she did a massive announcement about the summer of fun she was going to give him. And what has the poor little sod got? Mega chaos. No lovely trips, no making memories, just mum ricocheting like a pinball.

I’m a single parent and she makes me RAGE at how tit she is. And also @TheDragonWithAFlagon - that was a brilliant description of living with autism. Brava. And if it’s impossible to lie as an autistic person, no one told my son (who has an actual NHS diagnosis 😘 )
I’m just pleased that SB doesn’t live with her tbh. I really hope his Dad is a decent parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
don't think he fucked cinnamon, but he may well have served up g*****a in his slumlord guesthouses
I dunno as its not my cup of tea, but wouldnt f**king cinnamon sting like hell. Also yikes, its
like your neighbours having a barny in the garden you cant look but you end up needing to water the the plants or wash the windows immediately.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Im hoping we get a couple of serious lies, then a funny/silly one thrown in. Agree animals should be included but be a thread of own with trigger warning.
But I’d love to see the black eye appear at some point. Purely because it’s beltingly outrageous and ridiculous.
The black eye wouldn't be a bad one you know. As an obvious, standalone example of a lie. Lots would have forgotten about it and it would show the ridiculous lengths she goes to to garner sympathy. Most people would be able to see that was at least partly makeup, if not all.

Reactions: 46
The SB getting the account made me fume. As a parent. I was like what on earth is this nonsense. Twitter is savage. No way should a kid be on monitoring a account of 550k. Totally irresponsible. But also makes me wonder if she knew this was coming or something. Which is why she threw him into the mix.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
If you can afford it, I’d recommend this book if I’m honest, I paid a tenner for mine with free P&P. I could post every page in it because they all appeal to me. The food looks delicious. No stupid costings and a simple case of ‘if you’re cooking for more than one person just multiply the recipe accordingly’. Straightforward, no nonsense goodness.
Good - I don't do "fannying about" in cookery books. Mind you modern in my collection is the cranks cookbook from the 80s/90s LOL I use an inherited bero book from the 50s for baking LOL Being a tight arse I will peruse the library first. Ta! I am now off to bed* going to read and play some solitaire.... FYI she's still trending!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.