Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can everyone Google Jack Monroe Tattle on every device they own and leave that tab open like the good peaky minks we are? 🔍 🤪

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 13.39.52.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I'm loving all the wild theories about AM's identity.
Personally I think Charlie Bigham has been biding him time and gathering evidence ever since Jack started slagging off his ready meals to justify her "work" on the VBI 🕵

(Please don't sue me, t'is only a joke)
I think it's Richard iii

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
How about this current shot of the Vultures of Tattle?

View attachment 1469697

Let's see now. She's getting somewhat irate with

Squiggles
Viggles (vegan squiggles)
Jiggles (jeremy fans squiggles)
Giggles (gay squiggles)
Piggles (politics squiggles)
Figgles (foodie squiggles)
Tiggles (Tory squiggles)
Biggles (Brexit squiggles)
Riggles (Remain squiggles)
Liggles (Lesbian squiggles)
Aggles (Autistic squiggles - and YES, the INCONSISTENCY IN PATTERN REALLY ANNOYS ME)
Adhiggles (ADHD squiggles)
Miggles (Mumsnet squiggles)
Stiggles (Straight squiggles)

all because they are plainly picking on her because they're simultaneously Tory, Brexit, Right Wing, Racist, Gender Critical, Homophobic, Ableist and every other -ist she is hurling at them like a traumatised Gibbon with the shits at the Zoo.

Did I miss anybody or any insult out?
But, they're kookaburras!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
3 weeks today til Wee Jock McMonroe does or does not make it to the Book Festival. She'll be raging that she's not in the main venue - (the beautiful Art College), and is instead at a church hall OT: Edinburgh is INSANE at the moment. The sound of wheeled suitcases everywhere. Send time travelos

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
On this topics and also the topic of favourite lies: The 'severe' shellfish allergy where she ended up in hospital is one of my favourite Jack lies. I think that was when I started to realise, as a reformed OG squig, that something was 'fishy' (sorry, had to)

It just seemed off and was one of many dramatic maladies she'd had in a relatively short space of time. And of course since then she has collected shellfish off the beach to eat :LOL:

The other things that made me one day type "hate Jack Monroe" into Google and find Tattle, making me realise I was not alone or going mad, was the way she kept referencing her 'poverty trauma'. Because I was a squig that grew up in poverty, with working class parents, and then was pretty poor, but scraped by in my 20s (I'm Jack's age) though by most standards I personally am now middle class as I own my flat. It dawned on me that the way she spoke about her poverty experience and kept referencing it saying she had PTSD just seemed odd and performative. Even if her stories were true she still hadn't experienced half of what I or some of my peers on the estate I grew up in had and I would not describe myself as having poverty trauma to the extent she was. Also, my working class parents would have helped me out with what little they have, so that always seemed odd but that's by the by. She just really started to seem like a poverty tourist who was annoyed with her middle class mummy and daddy and wanted to teach them a lesson, but then has used this to profit in a way that the genuine working classes cannot.

This has always made me think that a lot of her defensive squigs are as many others have said, lifelong members of at least the middle class to not smell the rat at all when she writes about her poverty experience. I feel like most have never met a real poor person, and would cross the street if they thought they saw one. It's really quite disgusting.
Absolutely agree. Some people just have no idea about what it's like to be poor. I grew up impoverished, parents divorced, mother on benefits living in a tiny actual bungalow on a council estate, but did well at school, went to Uni with the help of student Grants as it then was and part time jobs and now have a very middle class job and life. I see the privilege I had and have from that. However I work in quite a pompous, arse laden, profession with a lot of people who have zero understanding of anything but being middle class. In lockdown I had colleagues wanging on about what all the fuss was about when people can just do online shopping, with no understanding that some people do not have debit cards for example. I have a bullshit detector a mile wide for this kind of nonsense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
If you’re affording a bottle of gin a day, wouldn’t you spend the same on something you actually like? You can get most mainstream spirits for similar prices, and gin isn’t even the cheapest.
It was clearly her fave drink at one point, I don’t get why she’s trying to make out like she couldn’t stand the stuff and was just knocking it back because she was an alcoholic.
CC4090C0-431B-4550-8B86-86DC86F37B31.jpeg

D5F82B2F-6CF0-479A-BF1D-09D195F82149.jpeg

2FE2B586-1F3D-432F-A368-639CB4619487.jpeg

D2CD2880-4FCC-46F3-8779-882B18B75525.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
What I believe to be one of Jacks socks has now found their way onto the alcohol argument

E9E7E2FE-806F-4E21-9756-CE96B08B5063.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
3 weeks today til Wee Jock McMonroe does or does not make it to the Book Festival. She'll be raging that she's not in the main venue - (the beautiful Art College), and is instead at a church hall OT: Edinburgh is INSANE at the moment. The sound of wheeled suitcases everywhere. Send time travelos
I'm starting a protest campsite to stop her getting in. You need to wash your hands to get through, so she's def not getting in

• Haha
Reactions: 22
If you’re affording a bottle of gin a day, wouldn’t you spend the same on something you actually like? You can get most mainstream spirits for similar prices, and gin isn’t even the cheapest.
I was just about to say this. Vodka and rum are both probably cheaper

Reactions: 24
Grunking in between interesting commonwealth games events.

All these Tweets supporting Jack and her important work but not a single one identifying what that work is?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think I have a different idea of what £2.4k is a month.... I always worked on 1/3 going in deductions so that's £1.8k pcm... yep that is practically destitute... who is this muppet?
I also agree that £2.4k per month before tax is NOT poverty, it'd be tight if you were say, renting a studio in London but in Southend? NO. (I'm assuming that you wouldn't be an idiot and spunk £1500 of that on a huge home you don't need as a single person, of course. But then, I am neither special nor maverick.)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.