Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i love/hate that there’s a full spectrum of ways to totally dismiss the substance of someone’s point on social media.
the Molly thread is anon, so that’s a good place to start. heres how the discrediting without actually refuting anything works across the board:

anon account: “it’s a bot/coward”
small account: “OH MY GOD 90% of the tweets are about this person. Obsessed?
mid level, real name account: “Oooh you’re bitter aren’t you. I can see why someone who isn’t successful is jealous though
well known account: “oh wel done for amplifying pile one of a vulnerable person
blue tick: “this is actual bullying. You have success yourself but you’re pulling up the ladder and punching down’
man doing the criticising: oh I can see why you’re piling on, divorced dad energy here
woman doing the criticism: “hate to see women criticising women”
right wing commentator taking issue: “see this is the real enemy, not someone doing GOOD”
left wing commentator taking issue: “why don’t you focus on the REAL enemy”
Tattle: mithers on about something that Jack promised about 3 years ago and then posts pictures of animals/Jack’s food/Dwight.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The grandfather's will will be a matter of public record I think? Anyone can apply to the probate office and pay a nominal amount.

Reactions: 17
leaving aside the really weird “in heaven” bit, that’s the truly gross thing here - that Jack’s supporters aren’t actually even superficially focused on aligning with Jack to hopefully raise up all the ships with the tide, but are stuck on the loop of “Jack writes heartbreakingly about poverty in a way that I imagine, without thinking about it too much, helps poor people, and that’s why Jack deserves to be RICH more than the evil rich people. So who even cares if she’s rich or poor? All that matters is that if she’s poor, she doesn’t deserve to be, and if she’s rich, then she definitely deserves to be”.
none of it is about others.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Jack reminds me of a young child with chocolate smeared all over their face angrily denying they ever went near the chocolate at all.
These pointless lies indicate someone who can't help themselves but lie. I hate the comparison but its like Trump or Boris getting caught out by things they have done or said, and they simply decide to ignore the evidence and blunder on.

Reactions: 50
i love/hate that there’s a full spectrum of ways to totally dismiss the substance of someone’s point on social media.
the Molly thread is anon, so that’s a good place to start. heres how the discrediting without actually refuting anything works across the board:

anon account: “it’s a bot/coward”
small account: “OH MY GOD 90% of the tweets are about this person. Obsessed?
mid level, real name account: “Oooh you’re bitter aren’t you. I can see why someone who isn’t successful is jealous though
well known account: “oh wel done for amplifying pile one of a vulnerable person
blue tick: “this is actual bullying. You have success yourself but you’re pulling up the ladder and punching down’
man doing the criticising: oh I can see why you’re piling on, divorced dad energy here
woman doing the criticism: “hate to see women criticising women”
right wing commentator taking issue: “see this is the real enemy, not someone doing GOOD”
left wing commentator taking issue: “why don’t you focus on the REAL enemy”
Oh I'm not sure what this says about me but I've been 🦉 🍾 at the Jack defenders comments like 'You stink', repeatedly telling someone to 'Go Away' on their own thread and 'Anyone who comes for Jack has to come through me first'.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’ve been mulling over the whole tit show for a couple of days. I think the Patreon and tip jar are what keep Jack in stasis. She has become more and more dependent on begging for handouts and ultimately that has made her unable and unwilling to grow as a woman approaching middle age. At her stage of life she would expect to have a mortgage, a regular job with career progression etc like her Westcliff High peers have. The best thing she could do for herself and her son is to delete the twitter stuff. Get a job and crack on with an authentic Life.
Well, psychologists say that a person's emotional development stops at the age at which they became famous (See: Michael Jackson :( ) unless they are self-aware and do a LOT of work. Jack has very clearly stopped emotionally developing at the point in 2014 when she burst onto the scene as a struggling, bollshy, pixie manic dream girl in an Eliza Doolittle relationship with a wealthy older woman. She's never moved beyond this, I think because she subconsciously believes that she has to keep playing that character to get her dollar; also because that character obviously got her a lot of adoration within the upper middle class media circles and she loved it. She can't see that the world has changed and not only is she now too old for the larp, the political climate no longer suits it either.

Give her a minute, she’s having a ~moment~.

View attachment 1471337
Hallllpppppp what is this HORROR that has assailed my EYEZZZZZZZZZZ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Can we all take a moment ( I think we need reminding about where things began).

a) how is this breakfast?
b) the towel used as a tablecloth is foul
c) if you had rocket in the morning surely you would taste it for the rest of the day?

View attachment 1471257
Sorry, I'm not laughing at what you wrote tender heart but her comment "this might look posh"! 😅😅😅
To whom? The inhabitants of a pigsty? (No offence to pigs, I love them...not on my plate, just generally 😁)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
God, this is really distressing. Seeing someone so addicted they're infusing gin before chucking it down their neck despite hating the taste.

Btw Frauen Please be assured I'm not making light of alcoholism. I've lost family who couldn't get a grip on their drinking but I can't not laugh at this bleeping nonsense.
Screenshot_20211211-102002_Instagram-1.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 107
God, this is really distressing. Seeing someone so addicted they're infusing gin before chucking it down their neck despite hating the taste.

Btw Frauen Please be assured I'm no making light of alcoholism. I've lost family who couldn't get a grip on their drinking but I can't not laugh at this bleeping nonsense.
This is where Molly has been clever, she doesn't give an opinion but lays out the contradictory evidence that we've been seeing for years.
Jack has also said she's allergic to tomatoes and onions, doesn't drink coffee, can't stand coriander and doesn't eat sugar. There are probably lots more 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 70
This is where Molly has been clever, she doesn't give an opinion but lays out the contradictory evidence that we've been seeing for years.
Jack has also said she's allergic to tomatoes and onions, doesn't drink coffee, can't stand coriander and doesn't eat sugar. There are probably lots more 🤪
You just know the coriander one started because someone people have a gene that make it taste weird and she wanted to be special.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Well, psychologists say that a person's emotional development stops at the age at which they became famous (See: Michael Jackson :( ) unless they are self-aware and do a LOT of work. Jack has very clearly stopped emotionally developing at the point in 2014 when she burst onto the scene as a struggling, bollshy, pixie manic dream girl in an Eliza Doolittle relationship with a wealthy older woman. She's never moved beyond this, I think because she subconsciously believes that she has to keep playing that character to get her dollar; also because that character obviously got her a lot of adoration within the upper middle class media circles and she loved it. She can't see that the world has changed and not only is she now too old for the larp, the political climate no longer suits it either.

Hallllpppppp what is this HORROR that has assailed my EYEZZZZZZZZZZ
this is what I mean about starting with good intentions. Everyone who has that task avoidance, procrastinatey nature (with whatever underpins it) really hopes to overcome it, and it can be hard, and you can convince yourself you’ll be different THIS time. And that’s where the real issues with her bahaviour aren’t the slip ups and the shady behaviour as it’s happening, but the abject refusal to come clean when bang to rights. When you accept your issues, you can get a support network to give you boundaries, checks and consequences to keep you focused. Or you can allow yourself to be enabled.
shes kept up that character, I guess, because it’s way easier to do that than to forge a new identity of “I was once in poverty, and ive structured my life so I can minimise the chances of being in that situation again. I’m lucky, and that’s why I’m going to work hard on substantial campaigning and activism for societ’s poorest”

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.