Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was the ‘urgh gin’ original comment slagging off the jubilee trifle that won? If so, this is actual karma in action because Jack’s intention there was simply to be nasty towards someone doing something well.
Chapeau karma.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I’ve seen this squig before. I thought it was one of Jacks socks then and screenshotted it. I’ll try to do The squiggle thing and post that too. It was from around the time of The Lee Anderson thing.
Anyway here’s the post and the other is from their profile

edited for clarity

957F78B1-1BDA-465E-BD88-F1228691BF9F.jpeg

6460151B-FFF4-4039-9FB4-C49254789C3F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
They are replying to a thread she didn’t start!
She’s kind of worked herself into a tightspot where Twitter functions come in. Sure, only let people you follow reply to your tweets if anyone at all, Quote Tweets to increase your reach and so on. But she clearly can’t help herself by looking up and responding to tweets outside of her iron dome 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 36
My mum worked with alcoholics and they used to steal the acohol gel to drink. She soid they used to have to hide them. It used to make me feel awful too hear how desperate people can be for a drink.
I had a Saturday job at Boots and one temporary manager told us that in one inner city branch he'd had to move the surgical spirit behind the counter as alcoholics were buying/stealing it to drink. Was quite a shock to me as a naive 16 year old.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Feels like I'm on a never-ending grunk these days, I literally can't keep up with all the chaos 😂

I'm glad to see the grifting finally being exposed though, it's really about time.

Reactions: 29
I’ve seen this squig before. I thought it was a sock then and screenshotted it. I’ll try to do The squiggle thing and post that too. It was from around the time of The Lee Anderson thing.

View attachment 1471454

View attachment 1471457
I think I have a different idea of what £2.4k is a month.... I always worked on 1/3 going in deductions so that's £1.8k pcm... yep that is practically destitute... who is this muppet?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I’ve been mulling over the whole tit show for a couple of days. I think the Patreon and tip jar are what keep Jack in stasis. She has become more and more dependent on begging for handouts and ultimately that has made her unable and unwilling to grow as a woman approaching middle age. At her stage of life she would expect to have a mortgage, a regular job with career progression etc like her Westcliff High peers have. The best thing she could do for herself and her son is to delete the twitter stuff. Get a job and crack on with an authentic Life.
I’ve been thinking about this too. Even if living as she does is sustainable in the short to medium term, it’s not sustainable over, say, the next 10-15-20 years and beyond. She’s certainly not going to still be getting these Patreon and PayPal donations for duck all faux campaigning/ “doing so much good” by her late 40s and 50s. Surprise surprise but I doubt she’s given any thought to her “earnings” (😂😂😂) in the longer term.

She’s (totally her own doing) not qualified, experienced or capable of actually doing any meaningful day to day work, and not interested in learning anything new to be able to gain any of the above, so unless she marries into it or inherits it, she’s not going to have enough cash to keep her going from month to month for the rest of her life, with (increasingly as time goes on) no real prospects for gainful employment either. This is certainly not meant to be catty even though it sounds it, but with her seeming inability to sustain a relationship, at least thus far, it’s a very precarious house of cards she’s set up for herself.

She’s created a situation where in her mid thirties she has no way of consistently EARNING a consistent income for herself whether freelance or otherwise, and it’s an extremely precarious way to live. She’s basically reliant for the future on a combination of Ma and Pa throwing her a sizable bone, a future OH who actually gets past the “haunted engagement rings” to the “wife you right up” 🤮 stage, bringing another SB into the mix to replace the one who’s aging out of the role (which she’s indicated numerous times she’s v keen to do), and/or continuing on the beg like some increasingly grotesque slop bothering version of Blanche Dubois
BCBFD8C2-48DD-4932-A7C5-C1D4525FC404.gif

She also rather short sightedly sees property ownership as an end in itself and frequently gives me the impression that she believes once the “forever home” is hers, money becomes somehow unnecessary beyond that. That’s also incredibly shortsighted.

Jack, take this post as a wake up call. (You won’t though, because you’ve seen the Pyramid stage and I probably don’t even know what Pythagoras theorem is or how to spell pharaohs or who Omar Sharif is or some other of your ridiculous equivalency/deluded tit)

Edit 🥕

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Feels like I'm on a never-ending grunk these days, I literally can't keep up with all the chaos 😂

I'm glad to see the grifting finally being exposed though, it's really about time.
I know what you mean, I've had to give up on two other threads LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I think I have a different idea of what £2.4k is a month.... I always worked on 1/3 going in deductions so that's £1.8k pcm... yep that is practically destitute... who is this muppet?
It’s one of Jacks socks

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Sorry, I'm not laughing at what you wrote tender heart but her comment "this might look posh"! 😅😅😅
To whom? The inhabitants of a pigsty? (No offence to pigs, I love them...not on my plate, just generally 😁)
The dig at Mrs Jack's 'fancy' salad though 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I honestly think Awfully Molly is just a person in the wild, who's reached peak Jack disgust.

But it's fun thinking of it like an Agatha Christie story....it has to be one of the characters.
I'm loving all the wild theories about AM's identity.
Personally I think Charlie Bigham has been biding him time and gathering evidence ever since Jack started slagging off his ready meals to justify her "work" on the VBI 🕵

(Please don't sue me, t'is only a joke)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
This is where Molly has been clever, she doesn't give an opinion but lays out the contradictory evidence that we've been seeing for years.
Jack has also said she's allergic to tomatoes and onions, doesn't drink coffee, can't stand coriander and doesn't eat sugar. There are probably lots more 🤪
On this topics and also the topic of favourite lies: The 'severe' shellfish allergy where she ended up in hospital is one of my favourite Jack lies. I think that was when I started to realise, as a reformed OG squig, that something was 'fishy' (sorry, had to)

It just seemed off and was one of many dramatic maladies she'd had in a relatively short space of time. And of course since then she has collected shellfish off the beach to eat :LOL:

The other things that made me one day type "hate Jack Monroe" into Google and find Tattle, making me realise I was not alone or going mad, was the way she kept referencing her 'poverty trauma'. Because I was a squig that grew up in poverty, with working class parents, and then was pretty poor, but scraped by in my 20s (I'm Jack's age) though by most standards I personally am now middle class as I own my flat. It dawned on me that the way she spoke about her poverty experience and kept referencing it saying she had PTSD just seemed odd and performative. Even if her stories were true she still hadn't experienced half of what I or some of my peers on the estate I grew up in had and I would not describe myself as having poverty trauma to the extent she was. Also, my working class parents would have helped me out with what little they have, so that always seemed odd but that's by the by. She just really started to seem like a poverty tourist who was annoyed with her middle class mummy and daddy and wanted to teach them a lesson, but then has used this to profit in a way that the genuine working classes cannot.

This has always made me think that a lot of her defensive squigs are as many others have said, lifelong members of at least the middle class to not smell the rat at all when she writes about her poverty experience. I feel like most have never met a real poor person, and would cross the street if they thought they saw one. It's really quite disgusting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
I’ve seen this squig before. I thought it was one of Jacks socks then and screenshotted it. I’ll try to do The squiggle thing and post that too. It was from around the time of The Lee Anderson thing.

edited for clarity

View attachment 1471454

View attachment 1471457
Well it's more than I and a lot of other people live on without begging. So I feel quite judgey about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Coming from last thread to say my god @TheDragonWithAFlagon what a remarkable piece of writing. My son has autism, I am convinced I’m on the spectrum, never spoke to anyone about it, but so much of what you’ve written resonated with me. I’ve worked with ASC kids for over 20 years, & Me rail aside, it’s just a perfect description of masking. Thank you ❤
I have to say @TheDragonWithAFlagon I think that piece could be the “Spoon theory” for that ASD community (and its less “American” which elevates it above IMHO)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
You can get a little clip thing that holds down your caps lock, which makes you appear active on teams even when you aren’t. Apparently. I haven’t been brave enough to try it yet.
Slightly behind but if you have a work laptop that either locks or shows you are "away" on Skype/Teams after a few mins etc. you can dodge this by saving 2 images (of anything, even just off your own company intranet if you need to) and then open one and set it to play a slideshow of the two. Then you can duck off and do your washing/grunking 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.