Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t he own at least one of those dreadful bed and breakfast places where they put homeless people?
They throw them out in the mornings and they aren’t allowed back in until evening,
They are the grimmest of places but they make a fortune and I do mean a fortune. Local (to me) bloke bought a big house and packed them in like sardines, he was getting thousands a night from the local council, bought more houses and now drives about in a Bentley.
Apologies if already discussed, grunkaing but
Jack definitely did a blog or probably tweets about how Grandad/Papu H was the loveliest man allowing the dispossessed to stay at his welcoming abode, and something about a guy who was there years who he’d pay the odd tenner to for doing bits of work and this guy would never have managed to get a job so it was great for him blah blah which can read two ways- benevolent landlord or exploitative capitalist

Reactions: 51
It was clearly her fave drink at one point, I don’t get why she’s trying to make out like she couldn’t stand the stuff and was just knocking it back because she was an alcoholic.
View attachment 1471499
View attachment 1471500
View attachment 1471501
View attachment 1471502
I'm very fond of gin but I don't think even I like it as much as Jack did. What a peculiar lie. I could understand someone saying they used to love gin but went off it or similar but claiming to have never liked it when they quite obviously did is bizarre behaviour. Is this one of those Tory dead cats Jack was always going on about?

Reactions: 48
Am I being paranoid? When I've googled 'Jack Monroe' before there's always a mention of Tattle near the top of the page. Today, it's all positive Jack stuff, even in search suggestions, and even for 'is Jack Monroe poor' which brought me here in the first place. Wonder how much a google scrub costs?
Well she did collab with them recently

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Grunking in between interesting commonwealth games events.

All these Tweets supporting Jack and her important work but not a single one identifying what that work is?
This is a crucial point to Jack's cosplay MO

If she defined what "work" was, she would have to start talking about education and jobs and labour market information. All of which would require her to actually stop fannying around/grifting. She obviously believes she is entitled to money for nothing, ergo she never ever ever encourages folk to look into suitable employment, nor does she tackle the whole thing about getting people off benefits via education/employment. Which also is exactly why she felt the need to write that blog about her needing to get a job... shame, shame, shame....fuckin feckless twunt

Reactions: 22
I note that if you Google Jack Monroe lies or Jack Monroe gossip Tattle remain top results.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Absolutely agree. Some people just no idea about what it's like to be poor. I grew up impoverished, parents divorced, mother on benefits living in a tiny actual bungalow on a council estate, but did well at school, went to Uni with the help of student Grants as it then was and part time jobs and now have a very middle class job and life. I see re privilege I had and have from that. However I work in quite a pompous arse laden profession with a lot of people who have zero understanding of anything but being middle class. In lockdown I had colleagues wanging on about what all the fuss was about when people can just do online shopping, with no understanding that some people do not have debit cards for example. I have a bullshit detector a mile wide for this kind of nonsense.
yep, theres so little understanding of the mundane reality of growing up poor, or having no money as an adult. It’s not about the dramatic heart rending stories.Partly because you need extra resources to break out of the grind of daily life to get anywhere near having interesting stuff happen. It’s not a dynamic feast or famine thing as JM acts like it is (without saying it), it’s low level bleakness of living without the resources to really enjoy anything material. Again, not to say that having to skip meals and be hungry isn’t a reality for some in poverty, just that JM’saccounts dont ring true, and if anything remind me more of, say, making a knowingly bad decision to go to a festival I couldn’t affford to go then flogging old video games at the end of the month to pay for groceries, than of either my own experiences of having very little money, or even of working in the charity sector in London and seeing the reality of the lives of low income families.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
What I believe to be one of Jacks socks has now found their way onto the alcohol argument

View attachment 1471508
Yep, and also making up nonsense about how the commentary isn’t factual, not the blatantly bullshit words of Jack that clearly contradict. Molly and anyone answering them would do well to post the contradictions side by side with no comments.
How is she even dreaming people will buy this utter crap?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Wait so even her own supporters want her dead?
Not all of them. Let’s not forget that after all the gushing comments on her tortured singing video came this…slightly odd one
CF8FAAAC-7C62-4D56-BB28-0CFEAD08202F.jpeg

Right hand of God Jack in Heaven squig might be interested to know though that the big house “waiting for Jack” means something different where I am. Or maybe this is what they meant?!
F607F2A3-CF4D-4F7A-ABFC-B5E5C9F0316B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I also agree that £2.4k per month before tax is NOT poverty, it'd be tight if you were say, renting a studio in London but in Southend? NO. (I'm assuming that you wouldn't be an idiot and spunk £1500 of that on a huge home you don't need as a single person, of course. But then, I am neither special nor maverick.)
Typo alert - it's £1.6k (phone keyboard) - even so it's NOT poverty!!!

Reactions: 19
I’m a student pharmacist and you’re defo right. I didn’t realize she was taking an SSRI, but if she is then yeah there’s no way any doctor would be comfortable prescribing that combination. Especially considering she’s also an alcoholic/ex alcoholic, and how high the potential for abuse for this potential drug is, it makes total sense now as to why she’s not being prescribed it on the NHS. Ofc though if you’ve got 💰💵💸 you can just bypass that and get it privately 🥴.
Although I have to say, I wonder if she goes to 2 different pharmacies to pick up because I’m pretty sure if she tried to do both at the same one, alarm bells would probably be ringing for the pharmacist
Yes but the private scripts are really expensive and the idea is you will be handed over to your NHS doc once titration has been completed. If you choose to continue privately it is eye-wateringly pricey. Also yes a decent pharmacy will absolutely flag up Sertraline plus Concerta. They did for someone close to me. Despite being prescribed both together, he found it hard to actually get the meds so had no choice but to go to difference pharmacies.

Reactions: 11
Just had a look through all of that person's posts and it is TOTES Jack
Jack Monroe always makes it so obvious. Her speech/writing pattern is always the same regardless of what sock/alt account she uses.

And that bio is a dead giveaway. As is who she follows.

• Wow
Reactions: 50
I guess when Mark Lewis says he handles reputation management, what he really means is you can pay him to screw with Google's search results.
You can do that but it doesn't last unless you keep repeating it. Unless Jack has comprising pictures of him violating a pumble it's going to cost.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Absolutely agree. Some people just no idea about what it's like to be poor. I grew up impoverished, parents divorced, mother on benefits living in a tiny actual bungalow on a council estate, but did well at school, went to Uni with the help of student Grants as it then was and part time jobs and now have a very middle class job and life. I see re privilege I had and have from that. However I work in quite a pompous arse laden profession with a lot of people who have zero understanding of anything but being middle class. In lockdown I had colleagues wanging on about what all the fuss was about when people can just do online shopping, with no understanding that some people do not have debit cards for example. I have a bullshit detector a mile wide for this kind of nonsense.
Haha I feel like we've worked in the same industry because I would also describe mine like that! I sometimes feel like I blend in, other times feel like an alien who's crash landed from another planet.

I did an apprenticeship on the job rather than go to uni, and had the relative privilege of being from a rough bit of London making it easier for me to work there, but I've had those awkward conversations where the assumption is made that I *must* have gone (I wanted to, but my dad lost his job and I needed to contribute to the bills) and I'm asked where I went. Also conversations about childhood holidays (we went to Butlins a few times and I didn't get on a plane until I was 25, members of my immediate family have never left the country), no camping trips to the south of France or even a Spanish all inclusive for us. But it's odd how people think that's the baseline.

And just lots of times people at work have said particularly insensitive things tbh. Most recently someone saying elderly people should sell their homes to pay for their care, that's wonderful if your parents have a home to sell. Also ridiculous ill informed comments about people on benefits. The look of surprise when it's ever come up what my parents do (they both have pretty much always worked, but manual and low wage jobs, cleaning, supermarkets, delivery drivers etc) and of course people making disparaging remarks about people who do those jobs. People saying they can't buy the house near a council estate because "y'know... the people... ". The assumption it will be all druggies and alcoholics when i've met more MC people like this than WC if I'm honest.

It's odd when it dawns on you how clueless some are, Jack clearly appeals to these people.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The suspected Jack sock has now moved onto an entirely different discussion about Jacks tax affairs. Obv searching Twitter to find dissenters and show them the light
0475B03E-010B-49F6-A804-445C3724556F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
I guess when Mark Lewis says he handles reputation management, what he really means is you can pay him to screw with Google's search results.
Exactly this. I don’t want to 🔺myself, but some years ago I worked for a guy who, amongst other things, did reputation management - but literally this was all it consisted of, effing up Google to skew the search results. He had one very high profile client I was aware of and got paid an immense amount of money by them simply for cleaning up the search engine results to make them look better. It worked. So it’s entirely possible that’s what’s gone on here for JM.

• Wow
Reactions: 47
You can do that but it doesn't last unless you keep repeating it. Unless Jack has comprising pictures of him violating a pumble it's going to cost.
Good job she's got all that sweet, sweet Patreon and Paypal money burning a hole in her pocket to pay for it then!

The suspected Jack sock has now moved onto an entirely different discussion about Jacks tax affairs. Obv searching Twitter to find dissenters and show them the light
View attachment 1471539
Good Lord, could Jack Monroe make it any more obvious it's her?

Embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.