Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2022-08-02 14.40.12.png

Come on Essex Echo and Your Southend, Iqbal must have his say on the latest developments.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
Damn, poor Jack having to get the bus to the Polish shop, I really... Wait, didn't she claim before that she can't get the bus because it's too expensive? Which is it?
Quoting myself like a ninny, but if that isn't a big Tory dig at Mum and Dad I'll eat my hat. "Look who's been reduced to going to the POLISH SHOP don't you feel GUILTY", pathetic

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I don’t see how she recovers after this. She may limp on for a while but she’s mortally wounded professionally.
Agree with this. TBH her professional reputation's been on the skids since the That Man pile on. Incidents like yesterday's only accelerate the downward spiral. What has changed since yesterday is that ordinary people now feel a bit more empowered to speak out. I've seen several tweets from squigs saying they thought something was not right with JM but were too scared to say so, or witnessed the groupthink regarding JM's 'brilliance' and so decided that there must be something wrong with them. In that context, Awfully Molly was the equivalent of the kid who pointed out that the emperor was naked. Once someone's said the quiet part out loud, more and more people will say it, in increasing numbers, every time she tries another beg, until she really has no choice but to back down.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I'm pretty sure Jack once said she was in a rolling contract for her rent. No doubt deleted now.

Reactions: 44
Agree with this. TBH her professional reputation's been on the skids since the That Man pile on. Incidents like yesterday's only accelerate the downward spiral. What has changed since yesterday is that ordinary people now feel a bit more empowered to speak out. I've seen several tweets from squigs saying they thought something was not right with JM but were too scared to say so, or witnessed the groupthink regarding JM's 'brilliance' and so decided that there must be something wrong with them. In that context, Awfully Molly was the equivalent of the kid who pointed out that the emperor was naked. Once someone's said the quiet part out loud, more and more people will say it, in increasing numbers, every time she tries another beg, until she really has no choice but to back down.
I do think anonymity is the only safe way to do it at the moment. Molly is an anonymous whistleblower. She isn't trolling. I take my hat off to everyone, anonymous or not, who has tried to draw attention to Monroe's grift and lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 89
A) that council tax is low for a house worth £800k (or whatever is was worth in 1686 or the days when council tax was set up- yawn). Does Southend charge lower rates than northern heathens?

B) £16/month on water? Wtf. I time our showers (😎) , we are on a meter and ours aren’t that low.

B. O. L. L. O. C. K. S.
She forgot the other water bill:

Screenshot_20220802-144532_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
4B202B48-A29F-4BBB-9D06-E9124638ABFF.jpeg
Let’s also be clear here that Louisa the ex LEFT in 2020, so for her to be locked into a contract until April 2023 (with a year remaining as of this 11 April tweet), according to her timeline she signed a contract for a fixed term of AT MINIMUM a three year lease.

Or, she’s renewed the annual lease more than once since then on her own, so it’s nothing to do with her ex at all. And, said leases would usually be running month to month for several years by now anyway.

Also, there was a year remaining in mid April? Didn’t she just say the other day that there are just six months left on it? Time is a strange, strange beast in the Monroeverse. Bit like Truth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Wasn't it when Jack had invested in/found/been gifted some 'artwork' of a cat which looked like something a small child would reject as tit? We all came up with our own offerings hoping she might shell out a lot for them 😂
😂 I'd forgotten about that. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
LOLling at the squig suggesting she sets up a crowdfunder to fight the claims that she's a scammer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Exactly this. A brain fart. It's like when Dragons Den is on TV and I tell Mr Elastoblast that I'm going to go on it and my brilliant idea will be a self cleaning roasting tin or I'm going on the apprentice and my business idea is to set up a team of people who will come round your house and decorate for Christmas aaaand then come back and tidy it aaaaalll up again two weeks later. Yes Lord Sugar I plan to roll it out nationwide blah blah. We all have off the cuff ideas but most of us recognise that we don't have the skills, the finance or even the bollocks to do them or we recognise them as us just chatting tit. Not Jack though...she doubled down, she had a team, no she was working with the ONS, no it was just her and her phone and her notebook and pen blah blah
Indeed - she clearly doesn't have anyone in her real life to share this kind of nonsense with and she gets so much validation from Twitter, it's her go to for spewing whatever pops into her head knowing that she won't get any kickback when it fails to materialise.

I don't know what it's like to parent a boy, but when my girls were that age, although there were lots of moods and difficult times, we still had lots of in-jokes and weird conversations that we still bring up 10 years later, so this just points more to SB not being with her for the vast majority of the time.

My Dragon's Den idea was GIANT crisps. Because you know how exciting it is when you get a huge perfectly formed crisp in your packet, I decided I would start producing a line of crisps made only with the biggest potatoes. (I even decided on the guaranteed minimum diameter of 9cm) 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Joanne Harris is one of the most annoying and twee accounts on Twitter. She is so bleeping gullible, sat there in her writing shed.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
🤣.

Wonder if there are any other outgoings that have been “forgotten”

Weekly Ocado
Netflix
Amazon prime
Hello Fresh
Able and Cole order
Fabletics subscription
BIB - I'll let Jack off on that one. She only possesses saggy grey sportswear.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.